This forum is open to veterinarians, vet technicians, researchers, breeders, shelters, rescue groups, dog groups/clubs, trainers, pet owners, etc. Any EPI questions, suggestions and comments are all welcome.
WE ARE HONORED THAT THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED AS THE ON-LINE "EPI RESOURCE" IN THE JOURNAL OF "THE AMERICAN VETERINARIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION"
AND RECOMMENDED IN
"TOPICS IN COMPANION ANIMAL MEDICINE", Vol 27, No. 3, Aug 2012
epi4dogs in the
2013 ACVIM new "EPI Fact Sheet"
Aug 2014 ACVIM is revamping their FACT SHEET page. Currently the "Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency "Fact Sheet" that was located in the "Small Animal Internal Medicine" section is not available.. When the modified version is up, it will be announced here.
~ Forum Rules ~
No criticism of how any person manages their dog - - we all do our best
Any slander, disrespect or vulgarity in a post towards anyone or any entity will be removed
- Specific breeder's names are not to be mentioned
All suggestions are simply personal opinion, experience & observation or noted research. This forum is not here to replace any person's vet.
Valid research findings will not be prohibited because of any one individual's interest. It will be up to the reader to discern for themselves the accuracy of any and all information.
- ALL information on this website and on the EPI FORUM including files, posts, links, research papers and suggestions are welcomed to be shared with your vet. As a matter of fact, we encourage it.
- When signing in, after filling out your PROFILE in order to fully communicate with others and participate on the FORUM, please follow the instructions below:
- Discussion Topic Suggestion: Best way to start and title a topic when you first join EPI FORUM is with with your "dog's name, and possible current issue"... that way you can keep all your information about your individual dog in one place... and post future updates or future issues all in the same post so that there is a running history of your particular case.
Follow directions to "Sign Up" by establishing your username and password.
Sign In to participate.
Scroll to the bottom of a topic to see the most recent post- if there are a lot of posts.. you may have to scroll down and then go to the next page.
- Photos can be included in your post, first store your photos on PhotoBucket http://photobucket.com/ ) and then copy the DirectLink and pastes in the Reply "blue-box".
- For "visual" instructions on how to load pictures in your Post or Profile, please go to the Downloads page http://www.epi4dogs.com/downloads.htm and click on the PDF
"Steps to take to insert a photo in your post.pdf" http://www.epi4dogs.com/PDF%20Files/Steps%20to%20take%20to%20insert%20a%20photo%20in%20your%20post.pdf
- If anyone has leftover enzymes for whatever reason - - please contact me privately at email@example.com... as there are many people that are currently struggling with unforeseen hardships and can greatly benefit from your generosity.
- If / When the epi4dogs website/Forum is down... and you need immediate assistance, please go to our epi4dogs.com FaceBook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/epi4dogscom/424586920926094
- To access our FILES section you must be at the EPI FORUM homepage
Scroll down to the "Search" box on the left side of the page.
Directly across on the right side, you'll notice "View: Normal / Recent"
At the "Welcome" section you'll see "General Discussion" and "FILES"
Select any FILE that interests you.
- epi4dogs has now partnered with K9-EPIglobal http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/k9-EPIGLOBAL/ to better serve EPI pets, help their owners and share all suggestion information with vets and the veterinarian community.
- If you are dealing with EPI + concurrent IBD, the IBD support group is https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IBDogs/info
If you are from New Zealand and you would like some help with your EPI pet, whether it be for some personalized management guidance or help learning where in New Zealand to purchase products needed to manage EPI ...please feel free to contact Denise Z. on her cell phone 0274 581 428. Denise is well respected in the EPI community and has vast knowledge of how to properly manage the health of an EPI dog. She is also one of the founders of the EPI yahoo group, k9-Global.
- And finally, for those who are regular visitors and do not need to see this introductory information every time they visit please fee free to bookmark this direct link to the all the recent topics as listed below
~ Wondering what to put in your first post ??? ~
This is Jean's EPI Dog, "Kara" pondering what to tell the folks on the FORUM about herself....although not required, the more details you can share with us about your dog, such as test results, current medications and diet, the better we can assist you.
To Purchase EPI materials please visit our "PRODUCTS" page
::: The Advanced Search page and Advanced Search Box in the sidebar on the right =>
are highly recommended for searching the forum :::
(the standard search box below on the left will only return a limited number of results)