Title

Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > tylovet

aj

hi i am buddy boys mom. american dingo .he uses enzymes by diane, tylovet and b12. i am very sick  with pnumonia.been in hospital week and half. need to get buddy more tylovet.hate to say this but the price is really high if you have to include a trip to vet for prescription. sorry money is tight. can anyone reccommend where to buy without a prescription

thanks budyy boys mom

--

AJ

March 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Riley's Mom
Administrator

Hi AJ

Sorry to hear you have not been well. 

As far as I know, everything requires a prescription now. 

You could look on Amazon and see if a purchase would go through without one, but I think it has all switched over now.

--

Elisabeth

Riley's Mom from Chesapeake, VA

Riley, 8 yr old Labradoodle diagnosed September 2014 cTLI 1.6

Weight before diagnosis 40 lbs, lowest weight 33 lbs, ready for the Chunky Monkey club as she weighed in at a whopping 42 pounds on 12/19/14!

Update: as of 2/25/15 Riley weighs in at 44.2 pounds!

Update: as of 6/15/15 Riley weighs in at 45 pounds!

Feeding grain free kibble TOTW, 1 tsp of Diane's 6x enzymes per cup of food. (I mix the enzymes in something moist). She is a picky eater--lately feeding her on a flat plate is the way to entice her to eat. 1 cup in the am, 2 cups in the pm, 1 tsp of coconut oil per meal, 1 packet of FortiFlora probiotic in the pm meal.

Began weekly B12 shots 10/23/14. 

*I am not a vet, anything I share or suggest on this site is solely from my experience as an EPI dog owner. It is recommended that anything shared or suggested on this forum be discussed with your pet's vet.*

March 15, 2017 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Buttermom
Administrator

Hey AJ....  I am so sorry you've been ill....   Simce you've been on the tylosin for awhile, is there any way your vet will refill the prescription over the phone?  I looked thru several sites, and the only one I could find that looks like no prescription is required is jet.com. I could get all the way to check out without a prescription, so maybe......

Susan

--

"I am I because my little dog knows me."   Gertrude Stein

Butterbean, Chihuahua born on 06-27-2004, diagnosed in May-June of 2010 via pancreatic biopsy. TLI score of 0.7. Feeding Natural Balance LID Potato and Duck. 1/4 cup with 1/4 tsp of enzymes, twice a day.  She gets a B12 shot every 10 days, and a Wonderlab's capsule every other day.  She gets a maintenance dose of Cosequin every other day. Butter gets 1/4tsp of coconut oil, and a 1/2tsp of Platinum Plus CJ every day. Our new regimen now includes 1mg of prednisone every day, 1/4 tablet (50 mg) of trazodone twice a day, 0.3 ml of omeprazole every day, 1/16th tsp of lactobacillus acidophilus every 3 days, and 500mg of wild salmon oil every other day. 

March 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aj

thanks i checked . it is 77.00 dollars. i was paying 40.00 to 50.  it looks like i may do as well with the vet. office visits are 35 dollars.  we have a 1500 dollar monthly income. i cant let him get sick again. this was the only thing  that stopped the yellow diarrhea. if you will say a prayer we need it. thanks to all

buddyboys mom

--

AJ

March 15, 2017 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aj

hi i checked with my local feed stores. they have it in liquid without a prescription but not powder. can dog use liquid. thanks buddyboys mom

--

AJ

March 16, 2017 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aj

since  my last post a user on ebay  is selling tylan antibiotic 100g for 64.49 without a prescription. the vet would charge 25 visit another 25 for exam before i could get a prescription.i love my boy and am doing the best i can. i hate to sound cheap i am doing the best i can for him

buddyboys mom

--

AJ

March 16, 2017 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Buttermom
Administrator

If you can order it without a prescription food deal. We all understand about saving money....

Susan

--

Butterbean, Chihuahua born on 06-27-2004, diagnosed in May-June of 2010 via pancreatic biopsy. TLI score of 0.7. Feeding Natural Balance LID Potato and Duck. 1/4 cup with 1/4 tsp of enzymes, twice a day.  She gets a B12 shot every 10 days, and a Wonderlab's capsule every other day.  She gets a maintenance dose of Cosequin every other day. Butter gets 1/4tsp of coconut oil, and a 1/2tsp of Platinum Plus CJ every day. Our new regimen now includes 1mg of prednisone every day, 1/4 tablet (50 mg) of trazodone twice a day, 0.3 ml of omeprazole every day, 1/16th tsp of lactobacillus acidophilus every 3 days, and 500mg of wild salmon oil every other day. 

March 16, 2017 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Buttermom
Administrator

No, you want the powder. I keep hitting send too quick. 

Susan

--

March 16, 2017 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donna

I "think" I remember the liquid being an injectable and not effective for dog. So I too would say, no - don't get it. Get the powder.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather, AJ.

Donna

March 16, 2017 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aj

thanks if you need some it is on ebay at healthypets, i think that is the seller. they have lots of .pet products. to me 64.49 is a good deal for elanco tylan powder.without it buddyboy has yellow diarrhea. he suffered with that until i found this site. he is definetely a chunky monkey now.

buddy eats 

salmon and  pea grain free  by exceed

enzymes by diane

wonderland b12

and tylan

i think he has almost doubled his weight. got him from dog pound thought just thin. then told by vet epi. only knew about enzymes. no improvement for long time.found this site and i think saved his life. thanks to all

buddyboyandmom

--

AJ

March 16, 2017 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.