Title

Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Pioneer Naturals: What happened to Texas Mills?

MegW

Hello fellow epi pet owners,

I have been using the Pioneer Natural Buffalo and Pork dog foods (from Chewy.com) succesfully for over a year now for my Shilo.

I was contacted by Chewy about my auto-reorder and the product line being unavailable. I contacted them today and they could not find any information as to why they no longer have it available.

We thought it might be a rebranding issue so I started trying to do some research.

I started by trying to track down the product manufacturer at Texa Mills in Hmalin, TX  (325) 704-7510 or the 1-888-890-7104 or the 1-325-576-3300 given by 1-411 phone directory service asking for Texas Mills in Hamlin, TX. The directory service gives a message that the phone number is "temporarily disconnected". The other phone numbers ring and then go to a busy signal.

I have attempted an email to "contact" customer support at [email protected] and have received no repy to date.

I have discovered that Pioneer Naturals became "South Star" and that the parent company of the five main products manufactured all go back to Texas Mills in Hamlin, TX. Archives show that the manufacturing plant itself was formerly owned by a different company.

I fear that a product that finally worked for my Shilo is no more.

Anyone know anything more about what is going on and why they are messing with this recipe? It was actually affordable and meets the EPI guidelines without excessive protein (so hard on dogs for a long period of time). The limited ingredients, 4% fiber, carbohydrates used for the $ are hard to beat!

Sincerely,

Meg Watkins

(Shilo's Mom)

November 9, 2017 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.