Title

Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Ordering Creon from Canada

lindak
I will need to order Creon from Canada. I have tried one pharmacy and they don't have the strength we use. Anybody has the same Creon as us and used Canadian pharmacies, please share , otherwise I need to go through that long list! Thank you... Lipase 6000 units or 12000 Protease 19000 or 38000 Amylase 30000 or 60000
--

Linda & Mo ��

November 13, 2017 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Marilyn Marinelli

Hi, I was ordering Creon 10,000 units from Canada Drugs .com they require a perscription from your vet.   I just recently was able to order Creon 10,000 units from Chemist Warehouse no perscription needed. I orderd 3 bottles at a cost of $110.07 plus shipping $30.42 Total is $140.49  Checaper than Canada Drugs.   Your call just thought I would share this info with you.

November 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Epi4Dogs
Site Owner

Thanks Marilyn for sharing this :)

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy, a 35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable 9+ yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes (use EnzymeDiane's 6x) with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Fed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane., gave 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.... until she developed Diabetes and now cannot tolerate higher fat foods.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make changes to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content her diet. She is now on an all home-made diet which she does best on and has even been able to reduce the insuline (Vetsulin:pork-based insulin) . Because of the diet change to all home-made i no longer worry about hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia- -she is much more even-keeled with a diet of sweet potato, a lean meat/fish, sometimes a free range egg, cottage cheese,  fish oil+vitamins and bone meal. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. aside from all of Izzy's health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

I am not a vet.  All of my suggestions/recommendations are based on personal expereinces, observations, information gleaned from EPI research, and information shared with me by EPI researchers....that hopefully may help others. Please always share anything and everything recommended on this forum with your vet.

November 15, 2017 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak

Marilyn Marinelli at November 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Hi, I was ordering Creon 10,000 units from Canada Drugs .com they require a perscription from your vet.   I just recently was able to order Creon 10,000 units from Chemist Warehouse no perscription needed. I orderd 3 bottles at a cost of $110.07 plus shipping $30.42 Total is $140.49  Checaper than Canada Drugs.   Your call just thought I would share this info with you.

Yep! When I called, they have had this one, but not mine 6000 or 12000. I have prescription for these. Not sure how to do that then if I call all those pharmacies and they will have only 10000 variety? Maybe different prescription?
--

Linda & Mo ��

November 16, 2017 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak

Marilyn Marinelli at November 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Oh I read it again....so no prescription for that one. Sounds good. We many times waste pill because he wants to eat different protein at that time! Very picky.... So I could have another type 10000 but ....I have read on these files that once Creon is working we shouldn't be switching the types or so... Well...my last bottle cost 250$ for a month supply and it looks I need different sizes for different meal sizes per his " kings" mood. I will try them! That s actually a great price
--

Linda & Mo ��

November 16, 2017 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak
Marilyn, is this store in Australia? I see just the one there as for Chemist Warehouse
--

Linda & Mo ��

November 16, 2017 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marilyn Marinelli

The pills are being shipped to me  from Australia for my order from Chemist Warehouse. 

I checked with my pharmacy here where I was getting the Creon from years ago ...back then it was $94 for 28 capsules. NOW they want almost $300 for the same thing.  Crazy huh?  

November 16, 2017 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak

Marilyn Marinelli at November 16, 2017 at 8:26 PM

The pills are being shipped to me  from Australia for my order from Chemist Warehouse. 

I checked with my pharmacy here where I was getting the Creon from years ago ...back then it was $94 for 28 capsules. NOW they want almost $300 for the same thing.  Crazy huh?  

Alright! So I have found that online store and will try. Yes prices are crazy
--

Linda & Mo ��

November 16, 2017 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak
Thank you for suggestion
--

Linda & Mo ��

November 16, 2017 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pommy Mommy

Linda, I get mine from universaldrugstore.com in Canada. I just checked and they only have Creon10 and Kreon25 in stock.  I don't know what is going on with the Creon supply, but this is worrysome!  I've tried both variations of Creon and Kreon and both work the same.  I use Creon10 and the bottle shows 10000 Lipase, 8000 Amylase and 600 Protease but the website shows 10000/32200/37500 for the same product....not sure how this translates????  

--

Suzy - Greatful for finding this forum and meeting such nice and helpful people.

Romeo, DOB 04/26/2004- healthy weight 11.1 pounds (I should say overweight); EPI weight 5.8 Pounds :(..Currently 7.2 :)

11/18/13 results: TLI: 1.3 (5-35), diagnostic for EPI. Folate 17.2 (6.5-11.5). (Consistent with small intestinal bacterial overgrowth or vitamin supplementation). Cobalamin 458 (249-733)

12/19/13 re-check: Folate >24 (HIGH), Cobalamine 462, 6.2 pounds

1/15/14 re- check: Folate 19.4, Cobalamine 812, 6.2 pounds

7/10/14 re-check: Folate 16.4, Cobalamine 952, 6.9 pounds

Pepcid AC, 2.5 mg as needed

Dr. Goodpet vegetarian enzymes added to Earthborn Holistic Lily's Gourmet Buffet in Sauce (Lamb), boiled sweet potato and a dollop of Fat Free Cottage Cheese

UPDATE 11/2015..gave up on Earthborn Holistic due to a production and availability issue.  Not to mention the move to THAILAND.  Not made in the USA anymore.  Started on Zignature Lamb canned and kibble...he loves it :)

Update 1/2016.  Zignature didn't work out well..the PEAS did him in. Tried Wild Calling Lamb...didn't work either (too fatty and started to vomit)

PetMedella Food Sensitivity Results:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7VxxFHp_iLZN3RJUlUwdEhSaHc/view?usp=sharing

Now on Halo Spot's Choice Shredded Beef and Chickpeas with Enzyme Miracle with the help of PetMedella Sensitivity screening...I really wish I did this test earlier :)

Also feeding TruDog FeedMe Crunchy Munchy Beef Bonanza.  WOW, what a great product!.

Update 2/2016  B12>1000 :) 

Update 9/15/2016 switched to Only Natural Pet Beef and Lamb canned food. 

UPdate 11/2/2016 experimenting with Kreon 10,000.  Romeo has showed signs of weigh loss and am worried plant enzymes aren't working well anymore.  Starting off with half of a capsule sprinkled on his food.

Update 1/7/2017...the Kreon is working.  Gained almost a pound in one month!  Keeping fingers crossed :)

November 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Epi4Dogs
Site Owner

Suzy, near as i can tell, and based on CREON sites, it looks like the website description is the accurate description, or else the batch you have was mfg with a different portion.....

CREON 10  =  lipase 10,000 USP Units, protease 37,500 USP Units, and amylase 33,200 USP Units per capsule.

CREON 12 = 12,000 USP units of lipase; 38,000 USP units of protease; 60,000 USP units of amylase 

Since research to-date just focus mostly on the Lipase value, for our dogs Until new research says something different :)) , 10,000 or 12,000 USP units of Lipase are both comparable.  However.... as you can see in the CREON 12, they really upped the Amylase (to digest carbs)... probably because of our diet composition nowadays - -but i am just guessing about this... have not found data that really explains WHY they upped the Amylase.....

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy, a 35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable 9+ yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes (use EnzymeDiane's 6x) with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Fed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane., gave 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.... until she developed Diabetes and now cannot tolerate higher fat foods.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make changes to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content her diet. She is now on an all home-made diet which she does best on and has even been able to reduce the insuline (Vetsulin:pork-based insulin) . Because of the diet change to all home-made i no longer worry about hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia- -she is much more even-keeled with a diet of sweet potato, a lean meat/fish, sometimes a free range egg, cottage cheese,  fish oil+vitamins and bone meal. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. aside from all of Izzy's health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

I am not a vet.  All of my suggestions/recommendations are based on personal expereinces, observations, information gleaned from EPI research, and information shared with me by EPI researchers....that hopefully may help others. Please always share anything and everything recommended on this forum with your vet.

November 17, 2017 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak

Epi4Dogs at November 17, 2017 at 9:59 AM

Suzy, near as i can tell, and based on CREON sites, it looks like the website description is the accurate description, or else the batch you have was mfg with a different portion.....

CREON 10  =  lipase 10,000 USP Units, protease 37,500 USP Units, and amylase 33,200 USP Units per capsule.

CREON 12 = 12,000 USP units of lipase; 38,000 USP units of protease; 60,000 USP units of amylase 

Since research to-date just focus mostly on the Lipase value, for our dogs Until new research says something different :)) , 10,000 or 12,000 USP units of Lipase are both comparable.  However.... as you can see in the CREON 12, they really upped the Amylase (to digest carbs)... probably because of our diet composition nowadays - -but i am just guessing about this... have not found data that really explains WHY they upped the Amylase.....

Olesia, i am just reading that creon 10 in non- delayed release.

Creon 12 is 'delayed" release.

I am not sure the difference. And if i get that Creon 10...how is it going to influence , if?

https://www.drugs.com/answers/creon-10-taking-creon-24000-buy-canadian-equal-526309.html  here in this link, some forum , for human use Creon, guys is mentioning it.... 

--

Linda & Mo ��

November 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak

Pommy Mommy at November 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM

Linda, I get mine from universaldrugstore.com in Canada. I just checked and they only have Creon10 and Kreon25 in stock.  I don't know what is going on with the Creon supply, but this is worrysome!  I've tried both variations of Creon and Kreon and both work the same.  I use Creon10 and the bottle shows 10000 Lipase, 8000 Amylase and 600 Protease but the website shows 10000/32200/37500 for the same product....not sure how this translates????  

Suzy, thank you for input

--

Linda & Mo ��

November 17, 2017 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Epi4Dogs
Site Owner

Suzy.... i honestly don't know the answer to this..... but i am guessing (and assuming- -but we all know assuming can get us into trouble!!!) but maybe it doesn't make much difference... if we were comparing suplemental enzyme activity with  natural enzymatic activity in  dogs vs. humans:

ENZYMATIC ACTIVITY in humans ..Pancreatic enzyme secretion increases rapidly in response to a meal up to 6-fold above inter-digestive levels and reaches maximal values within 20?60 min post-prandially (after a meal).12 Enzyme output decreases thereafter to a 3- to 4-fold sustained increase, which is maintained for 3?4 h before returning to inter-digestive levels. This post-prandial pattern means that a maximal output of 3000?6000 IU/min lipase and a mean output of 2000?4000 IU/min lipase occur after ingestion of a normal mixed meal in healthy subjects.12 Enzyme substitution therapy should be able to mimic this pattern in situations of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency. (cited by J Enrique Domínguez-Muñoz "EPI Diagnosis & Treatment", Feb 16, 2011) .

Because a dog's digestive system is slightly different than a humans, we "estimate" that approximately 1-2 hours after an enzymed meal the inter-digestive levels return to normal.

--

November 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pommy Mommy

I'm going to call the pharmacy in Canada and find out why there's a discrepancy. 

--

Suzy - Greatful for finding this forum and meeting such nice and helpful people.

Romeo, DOB 04/26/2004- healthy weight 11.1 pounds (I should say overweight); EPI weight 5.8 Pounds :(..Currently 7.2 :)

11/18/13 results: TLI: 1.3 (5-35), diagnostic for EPI. Folate 17.2 (6.5-11.5). (Consistent with small intestinal bacterial overgrowth or vitamin supplementation). Cobalamin 458 (249-733)

Dr. Goodpet vegetarian enzymes added to Earthborn Holistic Lily's Gourmet Buffet in Sauce (Lamb), boiled sweet potato and a dollop of Fat Free Cottage Cheese

UPDATE 11/2015..gave up on Earthborn Holistic due to a production and availability issue.  Not to mention the move to THAILAND.  Not made in the USA anymore.  Started on Zignature Lamb canned and kibble...he loves it :)

Update 1/2016.  Zignature didn't work out well..the PEAS did him in. Tried Wild Calling Lamb...didn't work either (too fatty and started to vomit)

Now on Halo Spot's Choice Shredded Beef and Chickpeas with Enzyme Miracle with the help of PetMedella Sensitivity screening...I really wish I did this test earlier :)

Also feeding TruDog FeedMe Crunchy Munchy Beef Bonanza.  WOW, what a great product!.

UPdate 11/2/2016 experimenting with Kreon 10,000.  Romeo has showed signs of weigh loss and am worried plant enzymes aren't working well anymore.  Starting off with half of a capsule sprinkled on his food.

Update 1/7/2017...the Kreon is working.  Gained almost a pound in one month!  Keeping fingers crossed :)

November 17, 2017 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Epi4Dogs
Site Owner

THat would be wonderulf and PLEASE let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you for doing this..... it sure would answer our questions instead of just guessing!

--

November 17, 2017 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindak

great....thank you

--

Linda & Mo ��

November 17, 2017 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marilyn Marinelli

Let me share this with you.  A while back I ordered Creon 10,000 from canada drugs.com  I received the Creon 10,000 unit however the break down was different than what I usually was getting.  I know I shared this with Olesia in the past...

Anyway,  I questioned the difference of my new order to my previous orders of Creon 10,000 ...Spoke to the pharmacist from Canad drugs and he responded that it wasn't right and had been shipped from another source. So he sent me a long e-mail containing the info.... To keep it short he found out the places to get the right formula in the Creon 10,000 that I had always gotten.  He said that I was  not to use the one I had just received because it was not right and can cause problems.   So.... He sent a message out to the UK and also looked into the New Zealand product , so now he had at least two sources that we  know are the same in case one becomes unavailable.  

BOTH MADE BY ABBOTT COMPANY 

United Kingdom   UK Creon 10,000 - 10000 IU Lipase 8000IU Amylase /600 IU Protease

New Zealand    NZ Creon 10,000 - 10000 IU Lipase 8000 IU Amylases 600 IU Protease  

Hope this helps clear up the question of what the difference would be...it really should be the same or you really shouldn't use it.   The wrong one sent to me was made by MYLAN  (the compounds can be differnt) was listed as 10,000 units of lipase  11,200 units of amylase and 730 units of protease.

So anytime I order from Canada Drugs.com I speak with the pharmacist that has helped me and/or just e-mail to get the right Creon mailed to me.

Don't mean to confused this issue I am getting some from Chemist Warehouse now but, still have a perscription still available to me of 4 bottles from CanadaDrugs.   

November 18, 2017 at 1:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pommy Mommy

I still haven't heard back from the pharmacist.  From what I can tell, and please tell me if I'm reading this incorrectly...the difference is the US units to International?  For example...Marilyn's units state IU and the website shows USP.  Is the conversion of the units causing our confusion??

--

November 18, 2017 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marilyn Marinelli

In most cases, the USP unit is equal to the international unit (IU) - see definitions below

Explanation:

From the Dictionary of Units of Measurement:

USP unit:

a unit used in the United States to measure the mass of a vitamin or drug based on its expected biological effects. For each substance to which this unit applies, the U. S. Food and Drug Administration has determined the biological effect associated with a dose of 1 USP unit. Other quantities of the substance can then be expressed in terms of this standard unit. In most cases, the USP unit is equal to the international unit (IU). "USP" is an abbreviation for the United States Pharmacopeia, a handbook describing the established properties of drugs legal for use in American medicine.

international unit (IU):

a unit used to measure the activity (that is, the effect) of many vitamins and drugs. For each substance to which this unit applies, there is an international agreement specifying the biological effect expected with a dose of 1 IU. Other quantities of the substance are then expressed as multiples of this standard. Examples: 1 IU represents 45.5 micrograms of a standard preparation of insulin or 0.6 microgram of a standard preparation of penicillin. Consumers most often see IU's on the labels of vitamin packages: in standard preparations the equivalent of 1 IU is 0.3 microgram (0.0003 mg) for vitamin A, 50 micrograms (0.05 mg) for vitamin C, 25 nanograms (0.000 025 mg) for vitamin D, and 2/3 milligram for vitamin E. Please note: for many substances there is no definite conversion between international units and mass units (such as milligrams). This is because preparations of those substances vary in activity, so that the effect per milligram of one preparation is different from that of another.

November 20, 2017 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.