Title

Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Cytopoint for Itching

LeeKat

Has anyone tried the Cytopoint injections for allergies yet?  Abby is extra itchy this time of year (and of course won't stay out of our leaf piles ! ) .  She is on a continuous dose of 5mg/day Prednisone and, while this pretty much controls the itch for most of the year, I would love to get her completely off of the Pred.  

The Cytopoint sounds tempting but I'm always afraid to rock the boat when it comes to Abby since she's doing so well.

--

Mom to Abigail ...diagnosed 10/10/12 @ 18 mths....weight 56lbs....TLI 2.1...B-12 189...Folate 13.7....EPI and SIBO..

10-20-14:  Weight 72lbs...4c/day Nature's Variety LID Lamb, 1/4tsp Tylan per day, 1 Trinfac-B12 every day

3-2015:  Weight 82lbs !!!!   Nature's Variety LID Lamb, Tylan, Trinfac B-12, Nature's Variety doggie biscuits or Wet Nose Grain Free Biscuits, and Love : } 

10-2015: Weight 90+...ie...Chunky Monkey!!!!

November 24, 2017 at 8:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

Nikki has had the injection several times now without any issues. But Nikki is also on Immunotherapy and I only need it when she has a flare-up, which is usually twice a year. That being said, we just had our annual appointment with Dermatology at Texas A&M and the vet said she could have the CADI injection every 4 weeks if needed. Hope this helps.

--

My GSD "Nikki" was diagnosed with EPI on 12/08/2010, TLI 1.07.  Receives weekly B12 injections.

Royal Canin Ultamino - 1 cup three times a day, 1 tsp of Viokase w/each meal soaked for 20 minutes.  She weighs 62 lbs.

Tylan:  1/4 tsp twice a day

"Nikki" GSD 11/21/2009 (EPI, IBD, Food Allergies, Atopy)

"Heidi" GSD (02/10/1995 - 02/21/2009) RIP Sweet Girl

November 24, 2017 at 10:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Epi4Dogs
Site Owner

Hmmm... interesting.  We ue HESKA's Allercept (under the tongue antigen drops) mostly used for storage mite allergies. I no longer give pred and the final piece of the puzzle for us was to stop feeing commerical kibble and just make all home-made.  Not sure what kind of allergies you are dealing with, but if storage mites.... you might wasn to consider changing the diet to all homemade and avoid grains (where storage mites reside and are not killed even when heated :(.

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy, a 35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable 9+ yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes (use EnzymeDiane's 6x) with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Fed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane., gave 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.... until she developed Diabetes and now cannot tolerate higher fat foods.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make changes to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content her diet. She is now on an all home-made diet which she does best on and has even been able to reduce the insuline (Vetsulin:pork-based insulin) . Because of the diet change to all home-made i no longer worry about hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia- -she is much more even-keeled with a diet of sweet potato, a lean meat/fish, sometimes a free range egg, cottage cheese,  fish oil+vitamins and bone meal. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. aside from all of Izzy's health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

I am not a vet.  All of my suggestions/recommendations are based on personal expereinces, observations, information gleaned from EPI research, and information shared with me by EPI researchers....that hopefully may help others. Please always share anything and everything recommended on this forum with your vet.

November 24, 2017 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doc's Mom
Administrator

I don't have any experience with the shots your referring to - I've been very fortunate and been able to maintain Doc's allergies through switching food and Zyrtec.

--

MADELON and DOC aka "BUBBY WUBBY"

Nashville, Tennessee

DOB: 4/3/2014 - Diagnosed EPI and SIBO: 5/22/2015
EPI Test Results: 1st test 7/2014 = TLI 16.5, B12 894, Folate > 24; 
2nd test 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24; 3rd test 10/2015   TLI < .4; B12 >1000; Folate 14.4

Weight: 95 (highest 1/2015) - 76 (lowest 5/2015) - goal met 100lb (7/23/15) - 101.8LBS 12/3/15 - CHUNKY MONKEY

History prior to DX:  May/June 2014 (2mos old) - DX coccidia and bladder infection; July 2014 (3mos old) 1st EPI test = TLI 16.5, B12 894, Folate >24 - Diagnosed SIBO not EPI; Feb 2015 thru May 2015 - weight loss only; May  2015 vomitted several times, diarrhea and eating poop.

History since DX: has maintained weight between 95-101lbs since July 2015; extreme yeast and rod infection in ears; yeast infection paws (ongoing); bacterial eye infection; bacterial skin infection on legs; poops LIVE fly larvae; diagnosed with mild, focal superficial pyoderma (bacterial infection) - rare lesions on inner thighs; bacterial and yeast overgrowth lip folds; yeast overgrowth feet and left ear; metacarpal/metatarsal draining tracts/fistulae (infection and/or immune mediated disease; probable underlying allergy (food vs. environmental ); staphylococcus pseudintermedius infection in sores on paws; recurring metatarsal fistula - all issues resolved after NutriScan Food Sensitivity Test and switching foods.

NUTRISCAN Food Sensitivity Test (12/2015): reactive to chicken, turkey, white fish, wheat, white potato (mild), venison, soy (mild), pork (mild), duck (mild), corn - switching food based on test resolved all skin issues.

Serum Allergy Test (5/2016): Too many to mention

CURRENTLY :  6 cups Forza10 Legend Skin - Diane 6x 1tsp per cup; 1 WonderLab PetFactor B12 2x day; 2 scoops TotalBiotics 1x day; 600mg vitamin E; 1 Zyrtec 10mg 2x day; Milk Thistle during heartworm/flea/tick meds

I am not a vet.  All of my suggestions are based on my personal experiences, information gleaned from EPI research and information from other EPI owners.  Please always share anything and everything recommended on this forum with your vet

SO THANKfUL FOR OUR EPI4DOGS GUARDIAN ANGELS!!!!!!!!

YOUR PAWS LEFT PRINTS ON MY HEART (in loving memory of Bugsy aka Boo Boo - Boston Terrier 14yrs - not EPI but medically challenging and totally worth it)

November 24, 2017 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Judith

Hi 

I have a friend who said the CADI/Cytopoint injections have worked wonders for her Dane who is allergic to everything. You will need to be very careful and wean off of the prednisone over 1 -2 months to allow the adrenal glands to recover and begin producing cortisol again. 5mg dail for long periods of time will suppress adrenal function 

--

Nate 2 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi. DOB 5/5/2014 

EPI and Addison's Disease and Idopathic Epilepsy

TLi 2.1 June 13, 2016 TLi 2.0

Coblamin and folate could not be done

Clinically diagnosed with Addison's disease on June 23, 2016

Diet 1.25 cup Royal Canin Ultamino every 12 hours 

2 Chemeyes capsules given with each meal

.45ml hydroxocobalamin (B12) once a week

.33ml Percorten-V every 28 days Addison's Disease

.5mg prednisolone in the morning for Addison's Disease

100mg Zonisamide every 12 hours for seizures

November 26, 2017 at 8:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Buddy & Wendy

My non epi girl is now getting the cytopoint injections.  She was on apoquel for years and started developing gigantic cysts.  According to the animal dermatologist the cytopoint is much safer than apoguel being it does not have ill effects on the kidneys.  It has been a very good change for us.  Seya looks much better and feels much better.

Being that epi is auto-immue you would have to see what the action is and what organs it can effect. I'm not sure if cytopoint is an immuno-suppressant.  

--

Wendy

November 26, 2017 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patsy

Anyone know how much it costs ? It's a biological , so it can't be cheap.   My daughter has had various ones for Crohns,

the the latest one is working brilliantly , at a cost to the nation of a few thousand pounds per infusion.  Off topic, a nephew has had a certain one for his Crohns, which has massively improved his ME as well.    This coincides with latest ME research .

--

Marti  Springer Spaniel, owned by Patsy, Sheffield, England.  She died age 12yrs 6mths  on 27/11/14 from heart failure. Diagnosed after three months, when she was 4 years old,she dropped from 24 kilos to 17 kg.  initially she also had protein losing enteropathy, treated with steroids, ,raw sores on back, obsessive thirst, bursting bowels and biadder, then stable after 2 years.   Developed another autoimmune problem with muscular myositis on head ( muscles wasted away, leaving gaunt hollows.)  She also suffered sometimes from  bottom end thrush, anal  gland infections, and recurrent SIBO treated with 4 weeks of oxytetracycline each time. 

Enzymes: Panzym caused mouth problems, resulting in tooth removal , as I didn't know at the time how caustic it was. I changed to one Lypex  then used VetUk Pancreatic Nutrient tablets, and one Chemeyes because it is half the strength, and I didn't need to use two vet uk ones. Then 3 Chemeyes or  2 pancreatic Nutrient  per meal. 

B12 injection monthly.  Trinfac B12 + intrinsic factor capsules from Chemeyes daily. Metacam for knee joints.  Also used Yumpro Bio pre/probiotics.

Food: picky eater,tinned  Chappie saved her life  till she would eat kibble again.  Eden Holistic, Millies Wolfheart and Lily's Kitchen all good,chicken and grain free.

Vets, one caring learner, who had  nervous breakdown, replaced by obnoxious vet , so I rang round  interviewing them to find someone I trusted and would work with us. Since losing Marti and Bob, I have changed again since the good vet us retired.

RIP Bobby the cocker , from PLN.  Present pet, Tinker the fluffy little grey Greek rescue dog. New addition, Jack ,  a neglected rescue terrier, looks like a fox cub and so happy to to be healthy and loved.

November 26, 2017 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

I paid around $90 for the last injection, Nikki weighs 62lbs.

--

My GSD "Nikki" was diagnosed with EPI on 12/08/2010, TLI 1.07.  Receives weekly B12 injections.

Royal Canin Ultamino - 1 cup three times a day, 1 tsp of Viokase w/each meal soaked for 20 minutes.  She weighs 62 lbs.

Tylan:  1/4 tsp twice a day

"Nikki" GSD 11/21/2009 (EPI, IBD, Food Allergies, Atopy)

"Heidi" GSD (02/10/1995 - 02/21/2009) RIP Sweet Girl

November 26, 2017 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LeeKat

Thanks for the input, everyone.  I think we're going to try the Cyto injection before the spring allergies hit and see how Abby makes out through the summer and fall without the pred.  

Judith, thanks for the info on weaning and the adrenals.  At only 5mg, I might not have thought to wean slowly.

--

Mom to Abigail ...diagnosed 10/10/12 @ 18 mths....weight 56lbs....TLI 2.1...B-12 189...Folate 13.7....EPI and SIBO..

10-20-14:  Weight 72lbs...4c/day Nature's Variety LID Lamb, 1/4tsp Tylan per day, 1 Trinfac-B12 every day

3-2015:  Weight 82lbs !!!!   Nature's Variety LID Lamb, Tylan, Trinfac B-12, Nature's Variety doggie biscuits or Wet Nose Grain Free Biscuits, and Love : } 

December 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Marilyn Marinelli

Sorry I can't help you with your question.  We are dealing with itching on and off  Apoquel didn't help made my dog more red and itchy.

Now we thought everything had cleared up.  OH NO, we are back to square one.... After a wonderful medicated shampoo she was doing great and looking great...THen it all started again.  Now we have her on antibiotics and advantage II again.  Had yard sprayed ... Just praying it gets better.  I was thinking of Benaydral   Or possibile Zyrtec as Doc's mom suggested.  THis is crazy.... Can't afford a allergy test BUT think it is allergies to fleas since she never had a problem in 7 years and never had a flea problem ever before this.  

I hope everything works out for you and your dog and I know it is heartbreaking to watch them struggle.   

December 6, 2017 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LeeKat

Just an update on the Cytopoint:

I had Abby in for the first injection a few days ago and it really seems to be working - scratching lessened almost immediately.  Weaning off of the prednisone was VERY difficult for her - itching and chewing non stop.  I had her on benadryl and Claratin and both barely, pardon the pun, scratched the surface.  

The cost was $120 for the medication since she weighs 78lbs.  My vet also charged $16 for an "injection fee" which I cannot believe since we help to keep them in business with 2 dogs and a cat but that issue is for another post.

So far, 4 days afterwards, I would recommend the injection to anyone, like us, who wants to get away from prednisone and Apoquel as both offer way too many side affects.  

--

January 5, 2018 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tracy Weber

LeeKat at January 5, 2018 at 3:09 PM

Just an update on the Cytopoint:

I had Abby in for the first injection a few days ago and it really seems to be working - scratching lessened almost immediately.  Weaning off of the prednisone was VERY difficult for her - itching and chewing non stop.  I had her on benadryl and Claratin and both barely, pardon the pun, scratched the surface.  

The cost was $120 for the medication since she weighs 78lbs.  My vet also charged $16 for an "injection fee" which I cannot believe since we help to keep them in business with 2 dogs and a cat but that issue is for another post.

So far, 4 days afterwards, I would recommend the injection to anyone, like us, who wants to get away from prednisone and Apoquel as both offer way too many side affects.  

Ana (non EPI) has been on Cytopoint for several months.  It worked well at first, but seems to be not working quite as well these days, though it's still better than nothing.  Antihistamines did nothign for her, but we never tried steroids.  She gets injections every 4 weeks.  I home cook for her as well.

--

Tracy Weber

Dog mom to EPI-Dog Tasha and author of the EPI Dog and yoga-related Downward Dog Mysteries series. MURDER STRIKES A POSE,  A KILLER RETREAT, and KARMA'S A KILLER are available at Amazon and wherever books are sold.

January 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LeeKat

Update following Cytopoint injection:

Well, it's been 9 days since Abby's injection and I am truly sorry we ever did it.  Almost immediately she seemed lethargic which can be a side affect of Cytopoint and any injection, but 9 days later, she still is not herself (she was stable and happy prior to the shot).  Also, she has awakened me early in the night to throw up 4 times.  The first two instances were only a small amount of bile and hair but last night she threw up twice and the amounts were about the size of my outstretched hand. 

The injection has taken the edge off of the scratching but I'm afraid it's at the cost of causing other problems.  Our EPI pups are so sensitive and their systems, I think, work differently than other dogs (the vet can't believe that just 5mg Prednisone works for a 78lb dog!).  I am a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and, unfortunately, I was willing to try anythiing to make Abby more comfortable.  

I'm very glad the shot is working for some of you but we will be waiting for it to wear off over the next few week and praying that her symptoms don't get any worse in the mean time.  Just wanted anyone who might be contemplating the injection to be aware of the possible side affects.

--

January 12, 2018 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doc's Mom
Administrator

I am so sorry Abigail is having such a rough time.  Hopefully the bad side effects will wear off soon - sending hugs and prayers.

--

Nashville, Tennessee

2nd test 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24; 3rd test 10/2015   TLI < .4; B12 >1000; Folate 14.4

Weight: 95 (highest 1/2015) - 76 (lowest 5/2015) - goal met 100lb (7/23/15) - 101.8LBS 12/3/15 - CHUNKY MONKEY

History prior to DX:  May/June 2014 (2mos old) - DX coccidia and bladder infection; July 2014 (3mos old) 1st EPI test = TLI 16.5, B12 894, Folate >24 - Diagnosed SIBO not EPI; Feb 2015 thru May 2015 - weight loss only; May  2015 vomitted several times, diarrhea and eating poop.

History since DX: has maintained weight between 95-101lbs since July 2015; extreme yeast and rod infection in ears; yeast infection paws (ongoing); bacterial eye infection; bacterial skin infection on legs; poops LIVE fly larvae; diagnosed with mild, focal superficial pyoderma (bacterial infection) - rare lesions on inner thighs; bacterial and yeast overgrowth lip folds; yeast overgrowth feet and left ear; metacarpal/metatarsal draining tracts/fistulae (infection and/or immune mediated disease; probable underlying allergy (food vs. environmental ); staphylococcus pseudintermedius infection in sores on paws; recurring metatarsal fistula - all issues resolved after NutriScan Food Sensitivity Test and switching foods.

NUTRISCAN Food Sensitivity Test (12/2015): reactive to chicken, turkey, white fish, wheat, white potato (mild), venison, soy (mild), pork (mild), duck (mild), corn - switching food based on test resolved all skin issues.

CURRENTLY :  6 cups Forza10 Legend Skin - Diane 6x 1tsp per cup; 1 WonderLab PetFactor B12 2x day; 2 scoops TotalBiotics 1x day; 600mg vitamin E; 1 Zyrtec 10mg 2x day; Milk Thistle during heartworm/flea/tick meds

I am not a vet.  All of my suggestions are based on my personal experiences, information gleaned from EPI research and information from other EPI owners.  Please always share anything and everything recommended on this forum with your vet

YOUR PAWS LEFT PRINTS ON MY HEART (in loving memory of Bugsy aka Boo Boo - Boston Terrier 14yrs - not EPI but medically challenging and totally worth it)

January 12, 2018 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marilyn Marinelli

Hi Lee Kat....I know you are sorry that you ever used the Cytopoint injection.  I looked up Cytopoint  ..." How long will one injection of CYTOPOINT last? 4 to 8 weeks. That means your dog may be able to go as long as 8 weeks1 between injections."    If you haven't looked up Cytopoint side effects please do.  I would think you probably did already. 

I know how you feel.  I have tried Apoquel, antibiotic and both made my dog very itchy and broke out in a rash.  All we can do is try.   As of now I am doing a waiting game myself.  Took her off everything and even though she doesn't look great she is starting to look better.   

If your dog is itchy you can try putting a cold pad or bag of peas in a soft towel and place it on her for about 5-10 minutes  3 times a day.  I read about this to help my dog and it has helped her skin reddnes and rash look.  Helps to bring down inflammation .  Hope some of this helps...

January 12, 2018 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Epi4Dogs
Site Owner

Ahh Lee KAt... so sorry to hear this.... Allergies are SOOOOoooooooo difficult to deal with :(

Just to help with the topical itching.... cooled black tea bags help as they have tannic acids  Tannic acids will dry out the infected area and promote a gentle healing of the skin.

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy, a 35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable 9+ yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes (use EnzymeDiane's 6x) with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Fed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane., gave 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.... until she developed Diabetes and now cannot tolerate higher fat foods.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make changes to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content her diet. She is now on an all home-made diet which she does best on and has even been able to reduce the insuline (Vetsulin:pork-based insulin) . Because of the diet change to all home-made i no longer worry about hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia- -she is much more even-keeled with a diet of sweet potato, a lean meat/fish, sometimes a free range egg, cottage cheese,  fish oil+vitamins and bone meal. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. aside from all of Izzy's health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

I am not a vet.  All of my suggestions/recommendations are based on personal expereinces, observations, information gleaned from EPI research, and information shared with me by EPI researchers....that hopefully may help others. Please always share anything and everything recommended on this forum with your vet.

January 13, 2018 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LeeKat

Thanks guys...I really appreciate the thoughts.  Madelon, I read in your signature what Doc has been through with all of his yeast and bacterial infections...urgh...our poor pups are sooooo sensitive.

Abby is now on Amoxi Clavulanate for a recurrent UTI (wbc, rbc and struvite crystals) and, just yesterday, had to take her to the vet for horrible, yeasty ear/skin infection which she is taking Terbinafine and Micaved ear lotion for.... I guess being off of the prednisone for almost 2 months has allowed the inflammation to build and everything to just go haywire.  

My plan (fingers crossed nothing else comes up) is to start her on VetriScience's Cell Advance 880 tomorrow.  It's a supplement taken 2x/day that is supposed to bolster the immune system.  I think the immune system is a good place to start since she's been off and on pred and antibiotics for so long.  I was also looking at the Nature's Variety raw toppers for food.  She eats Nature's Variety LID Lamb and I know that doesn't rock the EPI boat so thought maybe adding a bit of raw and decreasing the kibble amount would only add more nutrients.  Do you guys have any thoughts on adding the raw bites? Think I can put them in with the kibble then add enzymes and water to make her meals?   I would love to be able to do all raw but I'm really afraid to change things too much and risk GI upset and bad poops again...as of right this second, decent poops are almost the only good thing she has going:P

--

January 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doc's Mom
Administrator

Sorry to hear Abigail is going through so much.  I used the VetriScience Cell Advance 880 for a while with Doc after he was dx and was going through all of his allergies, etc.  I honestly can't say whether it helped or not because we were dealing with so much and antibiotics, shampoos, food changes, etc. but it certainly can't hurt in my opinion.  As for adding the raw topper - if it's the same protein source (I personally wouldn't introduce a new protein source unless you know she's not reactive) it should be okay just watch the poops and if they go a little south you may need to add a pinch more enzymes but likely not.

--

Nashville, Tennessee

January 24, 2018 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patsy

Do your research before using supplements like the one you've mentioned.  For instance it contains quercetin, which can interact in larger doses with antibiotics.    It's found in safe amounts in veg like green beans, red wine, apples. Likewise carotene in carrots.  

--

Marti  Springer Spaniel, owned by Patsy, Sheffield, England.  She died age 12yrs 6mths  on 27/11/14 from heart failure. Diagnosed after three months, when she was 4 years old,she dropped from 24 kilos to 17 kg.  initially she also had protein losing enteropathy, treated with steroids, ,raw sores on back, obsessive thirst, bursting bowels and biadder, then stable after 2 years.   Developed another autoimmune problem with muscular myositis on head ( muscles wasted away, leaving gaunt hollows.)  She also suffered sometimes from  bottom end thrush, anal  gland infections, and recurrent SIBO treated with 4 weeks of oxytetracycline each time. 

Enzymes: Panzym caused mouth problems, resulting in tooth removal , as I didn't know at the time how caustic it was. I changed to one Lypex  then used VetUk Pancreatic Nutrient tablets, and one Chemeyes because it is half the strength, and I didn't need to use two vet uk ones. Then 3 Chemeyes or  2 pancreatic Nutrient  per meal. 

B12 injection monthly.  Trinfac B12 + intrinsic factor capsules from Chemeyes daily. Metacam for knee joints.  Also used Yumpro Bio pre/probiotics.

Food: picky eater,tinned  Chappie saved her life  till she would eat kibble again.  Eden Holistic, Millies Wolfheart and Lily's Kitchen all good,chicken and grain free.

Vets, one caring learner, who had  nervous breakdown, replaced by obnoxious vet , so I rang round  interviewing them to find someone I trusted and would work with us. Since losing Marti and Bob, I have changed again since the good vet us retired.

RIP Bobby the cocker , from PLN.  Present pet, Tinker the fluffy little grey Greek rescue dog. New addition, Jack ,  a neglected rescue terrier, looks like a fox cub and so happy to to be healthy and loved.

January 25, 2018 at 4:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.