Title

Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Pancratitis and Gallbadder

Linda Overal Saylor
I own a four year old female Sheltie. The second week of January she was vomiting and was taken to vet where she was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Three week later she is throwing up again. Taken back to vet where test showed no pancreatitis but sludge in gallbladder. No longer throwing up but does not feel well. Started giving Ursodiol 250 mg tablet once a day. Any other suggestions?
February 2, 2018 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jill
Administrator
Hi please look up the Yahoo canine pancreatitis group. There is alot of information on the site for like minded pup owners. Sorry your pup is going through this.
--

Jill-  Washington State

Mickey 6/21/99 - 8/29/2014 

17.5 lb  jack russell, chronic pancreatitis, hyperuricosuria,high blood pressure, hypothyroid, spinal stenosis

diet of  hard boiled eggs, macaroni,  RC Hepatic, mashed potato

2 #2 Dianes enzymes 6x premeal

2.5 mg Amlodipine, .15mg soloxine am/pm, 100mg ursodiol started for gall bladder thinning

arthritis:  6.25mg tramadol 1x/day, 12.5mg gabapentin every 12 hrs,  Assisi soft loop used on back and elbow, 1- 540meq potassium citrate nightly

Denamarin once a day, 1/16 t tylan (150mg)  2x/day ,  Senilife started 12/14/13, Trixsyn sirup for arthritis, .1mg Adequan weekly by shot. 75mg Tylan 2x./day for SIBO

Optimmune for Dry eyes

Kiya is Mickeys sister, 3/4 aussie, 1/4 blue heeler born 9/2006.  She thinks she is a 44 lb jack russell who tries to heel Mickey!!

TJ is the newest addition.  He is in the bottom picture with Kiya.  He was born 7/05/2015. 

I am not a vet, just a pet owner sharing what experiences I have had in helping my dogs with other pet owners.  If you have an emergency please call your vet.

February 2, 2018 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Branjo
This might be relevant, either way a few moments on Google will tell you. Having gallbladder stones myself I found a herb that has helped me a lot, I also believe its used in animals too. It's called Chanca Piedra, a Peruvian herb. The name translates as "stone breaker". It's been used for many centuries by the indigenous people. It basically slowly erodes the stones in the liver and gallbladder and they form a jelly coating in the process which allows them to move better through the bile duct. You'll want to limit fat as it's a trigger for the gallbladder to start pumping. The herb also needs copious amounts of water. Actually my problem is that I have always been in a state of dehydration, never a fan of water (unless it's in coffee). So more water than usual, and a lot more peeing too I should imagine. If the dog isn't big on water you could get their favorite fruit and let it sit in the water over night. My husky loves blueberries so a squished one in water is like juice to him lol. I've read my fair share on the gallbladder, and the medical opinion is always the knife. Removing it IMHO is out of the question unless it's severity warrants it of course. But people without gallbladders still get the same attacks, and it puts more stress on the intestins because the gallbladder isn't there as a buffer. Good luck
--

February 9, 2018 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.