EPI * Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

managing EPI

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > December Picture Thread - the end of 2012 in pictures!!

Miss Lulupants
Administrator

As I had a few requests for some pictures of Lulu's new forever home going up on our hill and I didn't want to hijack Olesia's parade I thought due to popular demand what better excuse to start a new picture thread! Not sure if we've had one for a while and as it's the end of the year (and a bit of a sad one for some) what better way to brighten the place up than photos leading into the festive seasons all around the world.

Down here in the Southern Hemisphere things are hotting up - literally. No snow domes for us unless they come out of a refrigerated van. With luck the bush stays beautiful and doesn't burn. We're busily doing the owner/builder thing under the auspices of our crack architect/builder/skateborder and activity is increasing for the holiday period (so's the money - eek!). So here's some pics to kick it off, firstly of the workshop/solar housing going up on the hill and a little red dog going down in a hole...

'Workshop With a View'

THE HOUSE SITE

I think I smell muddy water!

I DO smell muddy water!!

Why do I have to come away from the muddy water?

See I told you I smelled muddy water

I love being right

Wheee! I do whatever I want Daddy because my name is MISSLULUFANCYFLUFFYPANTS!!

So, any pics hiding away in your cameras hmmm?

--

Craig

Lulu (aka Miss Lulupants) is a 6.5 year old 'Red Shepherd' (Australian Red Heeler x Long-hair GSD) who lives on the Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia. Diagnosed with EPI in April 2010. Currently on one Creon 25k per meal; 2 cups Taste of the Wild High Prairie Canine Formula kibble per day (over two meals) + one Wonderlabs Trinfac every so often. Click here for diet/med details. Miss Lulupants' story has been archived but it starts here. Lulu currently weighs: 21.5kg (47.4 pounds). Is probably a Chunky Monkey again too :P Lulu is super-smart, a bit plump and very pretty (everybody says so - including her!).

December 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maddie ann

Craig- lovely views and i like the fact that Lulu has her own built in swimming pool !!! you can see by the way her tail is to start with that she is determined to get there good idea for a picture thread ........um i must admit i dont really do alot of picture taking missed the calendar deadline and also maddie should be in the chunky monkey club but as it is coming up to Christamas i will do my best.

So do we have a completeion date for your new home i would have loved to have done that brought a plot and built my own .......but we are lucky like you we do have tremendous views across the Teme valley to the malvern hills and the other way to the welsh mountains..........

--

ANN (UK)

“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Maddie DOB 01-10-2007 she is now  6 DX 04/11 .B12 140 now 644 TLI <1.00 Folate 14.2.

After 15 months on the B12 tablets with the intrisic factor she was retested and her b12 is now 902.

Weight was 22.3kg now 33.2kg (04-05-12) she is a small GSDbut she gained .(24lbs)

Feed a mixture of foods she does better on fibre 3% and below she has  b12 tablets daily (imported from the USAhttp://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.php?itemnum=6881) now changing to the uk version from http://www.chemeyes.co.uk/

organic virgin  coconut oil dailly. Use Panzym 1/4 a tsp per 200 grams of food .Got SIBO under control after antibiotics ( stormormgyl) used synbotic by protexin. a pre-probotic also given daily.

December 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

will you look at that view.......................

how big is this place going to be????]

j

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

born 21st July 2009

adopted at five months old 26th December 2009

EPI dx August 2010

tli<1.00 folate 8.3 cobalimin 611

Antibiotics  2 Oxytet antibiotics 3 times a day also if we cannot fit the Oxytet in she has Tylan 1/8th teaspoon before her meals as a maintenanance dose

Food- Ashenbank Lamb Casserole  twice daily equalling 3 cups per day possibly more

Zantac (ranitadine) 75 mg 30 minutes before each meal as too much acid was being produced, causing shedding of bowel lining

enzymes-Panzym 1 gram per meal twice daily ( 1/4 teaspoon )  plus one Lypex

B12 injection once every three weeks

one Chemeyes B12 with intrinsic factor of 40 daily

one Antepsin before bedtime

alergies to beef pork chicken and white fish confirmed by blood test

33.6 kilos in weight as of 5th May 2013

39 kilos as of 10th June 2014

"UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WAS INVENTED BY DOGS"

December 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

epi4dogs
Site Owner

Oh WOW.... fantastic views... it is going to be so grand having your morning coffee gazing at the peace and glory of those distant hills...

And Miss Lulupants... i do say she has a bit of a swagger there in her back end heading for the coveting muddy water pool... wait until it gets fileld in... is nshe going to be disappointed!!!! :D.

Great thread.... as soon as i can get outside i will try to take pics of my crew and post too.  THanks Craig!

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy-35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable almost 8 yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Feed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane. I give 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make changes to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content her diet. She was getting Annamaet Lean kibble plus a lean meat and did well on it....... but we have since switched again because of her diabetes to an all home-made diet which she does even better on and has even been able to reduce the Vetsulin (por-based insulin) dose from 9 units to 6 units... because of the diet change to all home-made i no longer worry about hypoglycemia- -she is much more even keeled with a diet of sweet potato+ a lean meat+coconut oil/fish oil+vitamins and bone meal. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. aside from all of Izzy's health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

December 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miss Lulupants
Administrator

Well Ann your views sound very much like December picture material especially with a Chunky Monkey in the frame :D An yes that's the 'Fluffy Tail of self-Importance' in full flight as she heads towards her temporary swimming pool. Good thing she's drip dry, one of those dogs where mud just seems to vanish not long after it's applied.

Actually Jean, it's the camera that's making it look gargantuan. In reality it's a very modest (119 sq/m) one bedroom house (albeit a looong one) with two studios one either end and a 19 metre hallway along the back for Lulu and her 'brother' to run up and down all day. The workshop is seperate and will allow me to escape the doggy madness at least until they sniff me out with a game of 'get daddy!'

--

Craig

Lulu (aka Miss Lulupants) is a 6.5 year old 'Red Shepherd' (Australian Red Heeler x Long-hair GSD) who lives on the Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia. Diagnosed with EPI in April 2010. Currently on one Creon 25k per meal; 2 cups Taste of the Wild High Prairie Canine Formula kibble per day (over two meals) + one Wonderlabs Trinfac every so often. Click here for diet/med details. Miss Lulupants' story has been archived but it starts here. Lulu currently weighs: 21.5kg (47.4 pounds). Is probably a Chunky Monkey again too :P Lulu is super-smart, a bit plump and very pretty (everybody says so - including her!).

December 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Devika

First up - welcome back Miss Lulupants - missed you!

And guess who missed who in our household! Mum is back home after a six week holiday in Australia - which seems to have been spent exclusively on various beaches mind you - but the "grand" mommy of us all and Mahi spent  a happy few hours chatting to each other and I managed to get this beautiful picture of the two of them catching up with each other. Since it's such a special one - thought I'd share it with you all...

Devika

--

Mahi, the Indian EPI dog, diagnosed at 10 months, now 3 years old. Was 60 (28 kgs) lbs, went down to 46 lbs (19 kgs), but now with YOUR help, on 29th July 2012 touched 66 lbs(30 kgs) Officially stable for six months as on 10th June 2013 and weighed in at 31 kgs

Fed 3 times a day - homecooked diet of 1 kg potatoes, 70 gms lentils, 150 gms tapioca, squash, beetroot, carrots mashed together, 2 boiled eggs, 500 ml yoghurt and 3 cups of Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream. 1 Salmon Omega 3 tablet given per day. 1 tablet of Creon 25K given 20 mins before every meal. B12 injections bi-weekly. Very, very active - knock on wood, and seems to have gone from a level 10 of "hungry" to maybe an 8. On 27th July 2011, officially downgraded "hungry" level to 7. On 29th July 2012, officially downgraded "hungry" level to 6!! On  10th June "hungry" level downgraded to five :-)

December 6, 2012 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maddie ann

Thats a beautiful picture .

--

ANN (UK)

“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Maddie DOB 01-10-2007 she is now  6 DX 04/11 .B12 140 now 644 TLI <1.00 Folate 14.2.

After 15 months on the B12 tablets with the intrisic factor she was retested and her b12 is now 902.

Weight was 22.3kg now 33.2kg (04-05-12) she is a small GSDbut she gained .(24lbs)

Feed a mixture of foods she does better on fibre 3% and below she has  b12 tablets daily (imported from the USAhttp://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.php?itemnum=6881) now changing to the uk version from http://www.chemeyes.co.uk/

organic virgin  coconut oil dailly. Use Panzym 1/4 a tsp per 200 grams of food .Got SIBO under control after antibiotics ( stormormgyl) used synbotic by protexin. a pre-probotic also given daily.

December 6, 2012 at 3:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

Oh Devika

that is a framer if ever I saw one

we will get organised too

if it stops raining maybe today but def soon

jxxxx

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

born 21st July 2009

adopted at five months old 26th December 2009

EPI dx August 2010

tli<1.00 folate 8.3 cobalimin 611

Antibiotics  2 Oxytet antibiotics 3 times a day also if we cannot fit the Oxytet in she has Tylan 1/8th teaspoon before her meals as a maintenanance dose

Food- Ashenbank Lamb Casserole  twice daily equalling 3 cups per day possibly more

Zantac (ranitadine) 75 mg 30 minutes before each meal as too much acid was being produced, causing shedding of bowel lining

enzymes-Panzym 1 gram per meal twice daily ( 1/4 teaspoon )  plus one Lypex

B12 injection once every three weeks

one Chemeyes B12 with intrinsic factor of 40 daily

one Antepsin before bedtime

alergies to beef pork chicken and white fish confirmed by blood test

33.6 kilos in weight as of 5th May 2013

39 kilos as of 10th June 2014

"UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WAS INVENTED BY DOGS"

December 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tracey, Sofie's mom

What a great thread, love the new place and Miss Lulupants certainly seems to be queen of the new castle lol:)

Devika, that is such a nice picture of your mom and Mahi - someone is a spoiled grandpuppy:)

I will try and and get out and take a new picture of Sofie (and maybe little brother Bogart) this weekend!

--

Tracey, Sofie's mom

Sofie, Shiloh shepherd, born March 2010; diagnosed April 2011. Currently eats 3.5 cups of TOTW Lamb per day plus a bit of cooked beef, pork, tripe or liver, etc. with 1 tsp. of 8x enzymes per cup. 1 Wonderlabs B12 pill per day, 1 tbsp coconut oil 2x a day and currently back on Tylan 2x a day. Her lowest weight was 66 lbs, she is now a lovely 85 lbs.

December 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

King Kitty

King in the box. Today.

--

MaryJo and King

December 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miss Lulupants
Administrator

Oh now that is a super sweet picture of Mahi getting some 'Mummy-time'. Lulu only has one Mum and she thinks that's plenty fine - imagine having 3!! What a lucky grrrl.

And yes Tracey Lulu thinks she's queen of, well, EVERYTHING.

I have to say MaryJo  that when I sleep in a box I also prefer it to go UPS Ground. I think King is quietly asking your for a little garland of tinsel to adorn his under-the-desk bed.

And as it's a monthly picture thread there's plenty of time for the weather(s) to clear and for folk to post yultide happy-snaps so no excuses!

More pictures, more pictures!!!

--

Craig

December 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val
Mahi having *mum* timeand pretty cat posing for a shot... Miss lulu having a mud bath... lovely pictures.
I will add my favourite pic of my non EPI Cassie looking angelic.. yes it does happen sometimes.

Val

--

Razzy, GSD.

EPI for 4 1/2 years... sadly lost to cancer 30th July 2011 aged 9 1/2 years.

December 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maddie ann

Hi Val- you are right she does look angelic but she looks like she is concentrating on something else going on .

Mary jo- another lovely picture of king ....is that what he uses as a bed ?

--

ANN (UK)

December 8, 2012 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lynn

Val, Cassie looks beautiful & yes, very angelic. What a lovely photo of her.

All the other pics. are wonderful too, love King in his box. What a sweet kitty. Devika & Mahi; what can I say. That’s absolutely gorgeous of both of you, and then there’s Miss Lulu Fancy Fluffy Pants (have I got that right Craig????). Seems Miss Pants has a couple of additions to her name (LOL) but of course her new name suits her very well. Love seeing her again & you. Have missed your wonderful posts & photo’s. Your new house is going to be great & we can tell by your pics. how much Lulu loves it already. AND did you mention that new brother for Lulu???? Is he any closer to making an appearance? I guess Miss Lulufancyfluffypants will whip him into line very quickly, so all will be great.

I must admit that I’m not here anywhere near as much as I was but I do check in most days & if I can help out, then I certainly will. Olesia knows where I am if she needs me & there are still other ‘Aussies’ here so I think we’ve got things covered here in Oz.

As some of you here know, (or remember), I could never resist a ‘photo thread’ so here is my contribution. My red girl is Tess, my beautiful 11 year old Irish Setter who is the light of my life. Love her so much. The other little munchkin is my ‘just turned one year’ English Setter puppy Grace. She is a real sweetheart & didn’t take very long to worm her way into our hearts. She is the happiest little girl who loves everyone, every dog, everything.

So here we are; even managed a little pic. of Grace & me (LOL). Will look forward to more contributions here.

--

Lynn,

From Melbourne, Australia. Owned by Tess (Irish Setter), Grace (English Setter) & Megg, my beautiful 'English' EPI Angel - Forever in my heart.

December 8, 2012 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Val

YEAH... Miss Tess and Little (almost) Miss Grace...The Beauty and the Mischief.

Lovely... just like their mum.

Val

--

Razzy, GSD.

EPI for 4 1/2 years... sadly lost to cancer 30th July 2011 aged 9 1/2 years.

December 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

King Kitty

The box was a temporary bed. King is one of those cats that eats the catnip, so I looked everywhere for catnip bubbles. No stores in my area carried them, so I had to order them online ($2.69 for the bubbles, $4.99 for the shipping. UGHHH). But my mother was here yesterday, saw the box and said, hey, MaryJo, can I have this box? It's the perfect size! So she took it. But he enjoyed it for a couple days. Six months ago, he was too large to fit in that box.....

--

MaryJo and King

December 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Devika

Cassie! Omg - so lovely!! And King looks totally in charge :) and the pitures of Tess, Grace and you, Lynn - so beautiful - three pretty girls!

Devika

--

Mahi, the Indian EPI dog, diagnosed at 10 months, now 3 years old. Was 60 (28 kgs) lbs, went down to 46 lbs (19 kgs), but now with YOUR help, on 29th July 2012 touched 66 lbs(30 kgs) Officially stable for six months as on 10th June 2013 and weighed in at 31 kgs

Fed 3 times a day - homecooked diet of 1 kg potatoes, 70 gms lentils, 150 gms tapioca, squash, beetroot, carrots mashed together, 2 boiled eggs, 500 ml yoghurt and 3 cups of Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream. 1 Salmon Omega 3 tablet given per day. 1 tablet of Creon 25K given 20 mins before every meal. B12 injections bi-weekly. Very, very active - knock on wood, and seems to have gone from a level 10 of "hungry" to maybe an 8. On 27th July 2011, officially downgraded "hungry" level to 7. On 29th July 2012, officially downgraded "hungry" level to 6!! On  10th June "hungry" level downgraded to five :-)

December 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Samantha

Love the pics everyone :)

Kobenastics

Playtime - Kobe looks like Cheshire Cat

Celebrating Brandi's 9th birthday!

Cuddles & tv. I'm actually watching hair in my eyes.

Breakfast time. Please mum, won't you share with us?

I hope you and your furkids are all doing well xx

--

Kobe - 5yo GSD diagnosed with EPI in October 2009 (19 months old). 2 cups of Canidae Bison & Lamb Grain Free, fed 3 times daily,  2 Creon 25,000 per meal. Weekly B12 injections at home & daily Wonderlab Trinfac-B in between. Inner Health Plus Probiotic once a week.. EPI weight 33.5kgs, current weight 40kgs. Original blood results - TLi: 1.2, B12: 306, Folate: 15.6.

Blood results April 2013 - B12: 596, Folate: >20.

Read Kobe's journal that was started the day he was diagnosed here.

December 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

epi4dogs
Site Owner

I am SO enjoying this thread!!!!

Craig..... checking back for more pics of Ms. Fancypants Lulupants .. in her mud-pool..

Devika.... Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! YOu and Mahi cuddling... looking real comfy there.... SO glad she is feeling much better now... and it snhows in her eyes too!

MaryJo.... KingKitty.... too cute in the box... many years ago, i had a Siamese kitty that  used to LOVE to snuggle in a lttle basket i had on a table.... often time, guests just assumed it was decoration.... until she would stretch out... ande they would scream in surprise :D

OMG VAl..... Cassie IS indeed looking quite angelic there... but we all know better, eh!?  Hey ...you need to share the Cassie towel story  here....(hint-hint) .. great story!

Lynn.... the family album... so nice!!!  As you know , i have always loved  Tess's beautiful red flowing locks.... and as always, she looks pretty as always here.... AND Grace.... she sure is a little munchkin... a very cute and funny little munchin who is full of, shall we say "very entertaining " antics?!

Samantha~  OMG... Kobe can JUMP!  WOW!!!!!  Glad to see he is doing so well enjoying life. Love the pic of Brandi's 9th birthday.... were the goodies enjoyed???? And the pic of them wanted you to share your breakfast... hmmmmm... i've seen those very same expressions here in our home....too cute!

Well... i really REALLY need to get my camera out!

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy-35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable almost 8 yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Feed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane. I give 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make changes to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content her diet. She was getting Annamaet Lean kibble plus a lean meat and did well on it....... but we have since switched again because of her diabetes to an all home-made diet which she does even better on and has even been able to reduce the Vetsulin (por-based insulin) dose from 9 units to 6 units... because of the diet change to all home-made i no longer worry about hypoglycemia- -she is much more even keeled with a diet of sweet potato+ a lean meat+coconut oil/fish oil+vitamins and bone meal. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. aside from all of Izzy's health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

December 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miss Lulupants
Administrator

Me too! Just popped in for a quiclk squiizz and what treats! Will pop back this arfternoon for a proper grrrrl look and see what else is in the camera cupboard...

--

Craig

December 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Advanced Forum Search

For best results use this box to search forum

Recent Videos

794 views - 1 comment
1331 views - 4 comments
1396 views - 2 comments
2804 views - 0 comments

Testimonials

• "When we were debating whether to adopt Drakkar in July (we were told of his condition prior), I found this website with all of the positive and supportive members. So, while we ..."
    Grateful Mom
  • "MuShu, our chow has had loose stools. We have tried many different kinds of food. When giving him a bath last we saw how skinny he is. He was still a happy active dog, a vora..."
    Happy Owner
  • "I was writing so much I ran out of space! I wanted to say not only has the site been so helpful to me to refer to and keep me sane in the last four to five months but tonight w..."
    Mum to Eva

Recent Visitors

Facebook Like Button

Twitter Tweet Button

Google +1 Button

Google Translator