EPI * Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

managing EPI

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > I am Tasha and I am new to this forum

Viking

Tasha is my Black Russian Terrier. I guess a new breed to this site. I actually flew from NY to Moscow to buy her some 7 years agoand we have together since then. In November she was diagnosed with EPI. She has gone from about 85 lbs to  54 in only 6-7 weeks. For the last few weeks she has been on Panakare Plus, Tylan, Metronidazole ( spelling?) and Pregnazole ( spelling again) which we are gradually reducing. Sometimes her poops are decent, not great, and sometimes not good. Kinda an on again/off again thing. We will be weighing her agin in a few days to see if she has lost weight again or stabilized. She is eating Hills I/D in cans for the most part and sometimes the same food in a kibble. Another vet strongly suggested Viokase in place of the Panacare as she had excellent results when her dogs ( patients) switched. I am still reading this site and want to thank everyone for all this wonderful information. I love my Tasha and am hoping for another 7 years with her.

--

Greg, Alena and Tasha from Long Beach, New York

December 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

epi4dogs
Site Owner

Hi Tasha and a VERY warm welcome to you and Tasha... and as far as i know she is indeed the first Black Russian Terrier that i know of to be positively confirmed with EPI. .... oh joy, eh?!  Kind of an honor you could have done without!   SHe looks stunning... please, if you can upload some pics of here in your nnext post, i would LOVE to see more of her!!!!

Panakare, Viokcase, Pancrezyme... they are pretty much all the same.....although many of us here purchase generic pancreatin 6x that are purchased from American Labs by EnzymeDiane (she also had an EPI dog... and just got another onw) Anyway... Diane buys the enzymes in bulk and then re-packages it in kilo weights and sells it to us at the bulk rate discount... so we get 3 times as much of the same pancreatin powder as what you would get from any of the brand name products... EnzymeDiane was just written about in the "Topics in Companion Animal Medicine", Vol 27, Number 3, August 2012... a veterinarian educational journal about how good her enzymes are and that because of her service, many can now afford to treat their EPI patients.... please have your vet check it out the article..it is in the "Online Support for Veterinarians and Owners" chapter.... and it will save you TONS of money and work well AND you have direct acces to Diane anytime.

Okay... regarding Tasha....has Tashabeen on all those drugs at once in the past two weeks???? YOu really only need one antibiotic for the SIBO and the most recent drug of choice is Tylan..... see the SIBO page here on this website.... but in short... Tasha need 1/4 teasspoon of Typan powder near her breakfast meal and near her dinner meal for 30-45 days. 

Also... if you are NOT seeing improvement... that just means one of two things either the four cornerstones of treating EPI are not all being implemented OR something needs to be tweaked.

SO..........did your vet run a B12 (Cobalamin & Folate) blood test on her?  If not, talk to your vet and either run one or just go ahead and trat for low B12.. about 82% of ALL dogs diagnosed with EPI need to be placed on the B12 supplementation protocol (read and print the B12 page and please share with your vet). The great thing about B12 is if not needed, Tasha will just pee it out... but if she does need it it will make a world of difference...HUGE difference!

THe enzymes.... how are you administering it?  NO matter what any instructions say... trust me....when first starting out.... use 1 level teaspoon per 1 cup of food (kibble) or 3/4 tsp per 1 cup canned food. ..... Add a wee bit of water... enought to wet everything and let sit for about 20 minutes... this will help avoid  possible mouth sores ..just in case!  MAke sure the food and water and enzymes are not cold or hot... everything needs to be room temperature. Heat destroys, Cold deactivates.

Now... the food... IF you do all of the above and the stools are still pretty crappy after about a week or two.... then this is what you need to tweak.. the FOOD... ugh!

PRoblem with the food is that when first starting out, it is best to start with something from the "no grain" section that contains 4% fiber content or less.  And then check out the ingredients... when first starting out, stay away from grains... try the foods with tapioca, sweet potato, potato, avoid (for now) rice, oatmeal, corn, wheat, etc... just avoid grains. (this may need to change later.. but for now, keep it simple and stick to no grain foods)

Managing EPI is all about finding the right balance of EPI protocol for your individual dog... and that is what we are here for. Also...for the best overview of  managing EPI without getting into too much detail (until you are ready to absorb it all) is to read to pages here (1) EPI in SNapshots (2) check out the "Detailed Effective EPI Management" section on the Overview page.

Oh and last but not least... please share everything we suggest to you with your vet, feel free to print the SIBO and B12 page and share with them also... and ask anything and we will do our best to share with you our experiences in hopes that what worked for one of us will also help you ;)

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy-35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable almost 8 yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Feed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane. I give 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make chnages to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content  her diet. She now gets 1/2 Annamaet Lean kibble and 1/2 TOTW kibble with either lean pork loin meat, or chicken breast or tuna twice a day. She also receives  9 or 10 units of Vetsulin (depending on her blood glucose reading) a pork based insulin. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. And now we have to monitor her exercise.   It's been one heck of a journey... but aside from all that Izzy has gone thru with her health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

December 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paula

Welcome, Viking, to you and Tasha. So glad you found us, but sorry you have to be here with the rest of us. Not to worry, though, getting the diagnosis is usually the hardest part.  In your profile pic, which is Tasha?  I can't really see the little one in your arms, but the other two are gorgeous!  Can you clarify a couple of things? How much Panakare plus are you giving per cup of food. How long on metronidazole and how long on tylan? The i/d works for some dogs, but not all. The panacare plus should be as good as the viocase. Many of us on this forum actually use a generic version from EnzymeDiane that costs 1/3 of what we paid at the vet. There are 4 cornerstones to effective management of EPI. 1) Diet (usually low-fiber, less than 4%, often grain-free), 2) porcine enzymes (you have those - generally we start with a ratio of 1 tsp to 1 cup of kibble (and 3/4 tsp to cup of canned food), mixed together with warm water and incubated for 20+minutes to avoid mouth sores; 3) antibiotics for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) - that's the metro and the tylan - tylan is the anti of choice per recent research with the latest protocol being for 45 days. I assume you switched from one to the other since the first wasn't working (if so, that's good - they work in different ways); 4) B12 - Over 80% of EPI dogs are deficient in B12 and require supplementation. Subcutaneous injections are recommended following a protocol established by Texas A&M. If Tasha is below the 600+ level on her cobalamin results, she should receive B12 supplementation. It makes a difference in ability to gain weight and sometimes with appetite.  I'd recommend that you take a look at either EPI in Snapshots at the top of the page - a power point presentation we created to help people just starting on their EPI journey, or under the Overview tab, see the Detailed Effective Managment of EPI section.

We all know how daunting this can be at first. That's why we are here to help. Please ask any and all questions. Looking forward to learning more about Tasha the Black Russian Terrier and seeing her get healthy!

--

Paula and Maya (bday 12/21/06) (diagnosed 10/26/10 TLI 1.5, B12 659 (ref:249-733), weight 52 lbs. After 30 days, retested B12/folate - B12 plummeted to 200, which greatly affected her personality. After following B12 protocol, currently giving semi-weekly B12 shots at home, plus daily WonderLabs Trinfac. Weight in July 2013: 75 lbs - the picture of health

December 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paula

I see Olesia and I were typing at once! At least we said the same things....

--

Paula and Maya (bday 12/21/06) (diagnosed 10/26/10 TLI 1.5, B12 659 (ref:249-733), weight 52 lbs. After 30 days, retested B12/folate - B12 plummeted to 200, which greatly affected her personality. After following B12 protocol, currently giving semi-weekly B12 shots at home, plus daily WonderLabs Trinfac. Weight in July 2013: 75 lbs - the picture of health

December 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

epi4dogs
Site Owner

oop... forgot one more thing.... when first starting out..... try to feed 150% of what Tasha normally requires BUT... if possible, feed in 3 or 4 smaller meals throughout the day  rather than 2 big meals.... the smaller meals help (you don't nhave to do this forever, jsut in the beginning until they regain much opf what they lost.)

ANd..... go to the Download page, check out the EPI LOG template, print one for yourself and start keeping track of what goes in and comes out of Tasha... this little record keeping is the best little tool to managing EPI .

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy-35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable almost 8 yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Feed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane. I give 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make chnages to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content  her diet. She now gets 1/2 Annamaet Lean kibble and 1/2 TOTW kibble with either lean pork loin meat, or chicken breast or tuna twice a day. She also receives  9 or 10 units of Vetsulin (depending on her blood glucose reading) a pork based insulin. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. And now we have to monitor her exercise.   It's been one heck of a journey... but aside from all that Izzy has gone thru with her health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

December 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Viking

Thank you for your reply. More photos to come as soon as I figure out how to do it. Briefly, her lab results are: B12 is 298, TLI is 1.3,  Folate is 19.6. Everything else seems normal.

I am a firm believer that the less meds the better unless you really need it. I understand that the enzymes are going to be a life long thing but hoping most of  the other stuff can go by by at some point. The first vet she went to was the one recommending all these meds. Interesting note is that he told me to give her 2.5 teaspoons twice a day in her food. I learned from another vet that the enzymes need to be given each time she eats.So all the food she ate between her "normal" meals just went from her mouth to her butt. Right now I just want her to gain some weight as she is now becoming lethargic and its killing me. I know I have a lot more to learn and look forward to all the advice I can get. I did order the Viokase so I am pretty much stuck with that for now but will look into the options you mentioned. Thank you for everything.

--

December 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Viking

In the pic, my tasha is the pup in my hands. It was taken in the breeders flat in Moscow. Hard to see. Dad is on the left, about 120 pounds, and mom on the right, about 90 pounds. The breed is also called BRT's. Interesting history as they were developed by the Soviet Union a long time ago and now are AKC registered as a working breed.

--

December 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

epi4dogs
Site Owner

call you vet and ask that they start Tasha on generic B12 injections now.  weekly for six weeks,etc. print the B12 page and share that information with your vet.

Tasha has low B12 and she will not get better until this is taken care of.... you will need to bring her values up to upper mid range B12 levels which is right around the 600 mark and then she should be simply be on a periodic B12 maintanance program just to keep her levels at the right amount which will be determined later.

pictures.... go to the down load page and there is a link there that explains visually how to upload pictures here.... can't wait to see ;)

--

December 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

Hello and welcome

I agree the b12 needs to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up in the 600's

I hear what you say but EPI does not respond without constant tweaking and the b12values can plummet at any time throughout the lifetime

The Mantra is FOOD IN ENZYME IN  the only things are water and medication which can be allowed without enzymes

the folate level is a bit high also indicative of low B12  Folate is Vit b9 and is absolutely essential to be kept at a

reasonalbe level what foods are you giving other than normal food??

all treats will have to be withdrawn until stable for at least 3 months I would feed 150% of a decent frain free food Taste of the Wild seems to be a favourite and feed over maybe 5 meals if you can fit it in

the prescription foods seem to be full of grains and our dogs in the main do not do well on ANY grain including rice

I knopw its hard but your last two posts said it all

you want improvement

Jeanx

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

born 21st July 2009

adopted at five months old 26th December 2009

EPI dx August 2010

tli<1.00 folate 8.3 cobalimin 611

Antibiotics  2 Oxytet antibiotics 3 times a day also if we cannot fit the Oxytet in she has Tylan 1/8th teaspoon before her meals as a maintenanance dose

Food- Ashenbank Lamb Casserole  twice daily equalling 3 cups per day possibly more

Zantac (ranitadine) 75 mg 30 minutes before each meal as too much acid was being produced, causing shedding of bowel lining

enzymes-Panzym 1 gram per meal twice daily ( 1/4 teaspoon )  plus one Lypex

B12 injection once every three weeks

one Chemeyes B12 with intrinsic factor of 40 daily

one Antepsin before bedtime

alergies to beef pork chicken and white fish confirmed by blood test

33.6 kilos in weight as of 5th May 2013

39 kilos as of 10th June 2014

"UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WAS INVENTED BY DOGS"

December 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paula

Beautiful dogs! I'm sure grown up Tasha is just as beautiful as her mom. Can't wait to see pictures. I BInged the breed and they look a little like Briards to me. Gorgeous!

The good news is that, other than the vitamin B12 supplement and the enzymes, you should definitely be able to dispense with the other meds quickly. As long as it's EPI and not IBD, you do not need the steroids. And, once you get rid of the SIBO, the antibiotics will only be needed if there is a flare up - they are rare and usually short lived. But Tylan is a gentle antibiotic - safe for long term use when needed. There have been several studies done on its efficacy and satety in treating SIBO, available under the SIBO tab.

The 30 lb weight loss is scary, I know, but there have been many others who started out worse on a percent basis and are thriving now. That's the thing about this condition. With proper management, Tasha will lead a long and healthy life. She'll be able to do anything except have untreated food. I like to consider them "gourmets" who just prefer their food sprinkled with enzymes.  Speaking of which, I'm so glad you conferred with that second vet. Food in, enzymes in! And definitely do the B12 protocol. You and Tasha will be so happy. It's a simple subcutaneous injection in the scruff of the neck. Doesn't hurt at all. I even give them to Maya myself every week, just to be sure she stays in the upper levels.

--

December 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dar

Hello and Welcome !!!  B12.. get started !!   We refer to it as liquid gold for these pups..... Can't wait to see pics of Tasha....mom and pops are beautiful..I also googled the breed ,very nice !! Ask any questions and keep a log of everything, it will help in the future for any tweaking that needs to be done.

--

Dar and Kodi, From Washington state

' I aspire to be the person that my dog thinks I am !!'

Kodi (GSD female) , born August 19, 2010 , was diagnosed July 15, 2011 at 11 months .Lowest weight, 47 lbs, weight as of  4/27/2013  62.9 lbs. Our goal for her at this time is now 65 lbs. !!!   And she made it!! .  TLI .07 , Folate 9.4 , Cobalmin 536 .

Kodi is on Pioneer grain and potato free Pork, 2  cups kibble with added canned or home cooked pork 2 times a day with  3/4 teaspoons of enzymes (X 8 ) per cup,from Diane. (Also some home cooked meals)1 Trinfac-B capsule once a day. Also  1/8 t. of ground coriander, 1/16 t. of ground fennel seed and cinnamon per meal (for stomach acid and burps). Cylosporine 100 mg. every other day for her terrible spring allergies.

December 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cedar's Mom, Barb

Welcome from us as well. What beautiful dogs! You've had great advice already, so I'll just settle for the welcome and say that EPI is quite manageable but does take a bit of tweaking to find the right balance of food, enzymes, B12 and antibiotics if there is SIBO. You will get there with Tasha

--

- Barb -

Mom to Cedar, diagnosed with EPI Nov 1, 2010, TLI 1.2, Feb 2013 B12 653 (150-700), Folate 23 (7-39); B12 injections weekly; 1 3/4 tsp pancreatin 8X/meal, 1 1/4 c TOTW Pacific Stream or Sierra Mountain + 1/2 c add ins (pork, salmon, sardines, haddock, egg, pumpkin are the usual), 1/3 c water, incubated x 30 minutes; 2 meals/day; current weight 75 lbs. Also has Pannus; treated with tacrolimus ointment 2 x daily each eye and gets 100 ug Vit E daily for immature cataracts. Also Mom to pupkids Bree and Griffin, and catkids Abby, Diamond and Max...and skinkid Ayden

December 18, 2012 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tracey, Sofie's mom

I'd also like to add my welcome, Tasha is lovely:)

--

Tracey, Sofie's mom

Sofie, Shiloh shepherd, born March 2010; diagnosed April 2011. Currently eats 3.5 cups of TOTW Lamb per day plus a bit of cooked beef, pork, tripe or liver, etc. with 1 tsp. of 8x enzymes per cup. 1 Wonderlabs B12 pill per day, 1 tbsp coconut oil 2x a day and currently back on Tylan 2x a day. Her lowest weight was 66 lbs, she is now a lovely 85 lbs.

December 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Heidley

Just wanted to say welcome although we are sorry that you are here. No two EPI dogs are the same, this forum is a lifesaver- certainly was for us and the lovely people here are knowledgable and supportive along the way.

Just a note with the food, I noticed you are using the Hills ID canned food, I recently had a 15 week old pup have intusseseption (? Spelling!) and the diet that was recommended to give her intestines a break was the Hills ID canned, which we did for some weeks but we were not able to gain much weight only 100 gms- not enough for a growing pup so decided to change her on the Canidae which we feed our epi girl, it did the trick and we turned a very important corner so might be worth looking a food change to help with weight gain.

--

Mum to Indi- 3 y.o GSD Dx with EPI on 1/4/11 starting weight 26.5kg currently weighs 32kgs - we have made it to goal weight!!! Currently on 2 cups Canidae salmon twice a day with 1 creon 25,000. Also getting a inner health plus capsule daily. Indi lives in SA Australia :)

Mum also to Sampson, Meg, Fanta,Junior, Shelley, Penny and Vesper- all GSDs a happy full house :)

RIP Neve- taken to early! Miss you always

December 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Viking

First I want to thank everyone for all your wonderful advice. Tomorrow I will be meeting with my new vet for Tasha to get her first B12 shot. On the down side you are all reccmending feeding her 150% more food but her appetite has gone way down. Only one can of food from morning to night. I hope she eats the can I am leaving out overnight. She has become very lethargic. I am giving her about 2 tteaspoons of my existing Panakare and a pinch of Tylan in each bowl. And have decreased ( slowly) her Predisone. Her poop was pretty decent the day before and yesterday but today very bad. Soft and very mustard in color again. Im getting very nervous about this. I am going to try some different food tomorrow. She has to eat more.

--

December 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Viking

PS. New Pic. Tasha last summer. Need to figure out how to use photobucket to download others.

--

December 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Addiemoose

Welcome Viking & Tasha. I'm glad you are getting a B -12 injection tomorrow. She should have them every week for at least 6 weeks. EPI pups need to have B12 levels in the upper range- >600 preferably. That should help her lethargy & appetite. Also Tylan is very bitter & many dogs will not eat it sprinkled on food because of the taste / smell. I give Addie Tylan in capsules that I make myself, but a compounding pharmacy or your vet can probably help you out to start with. Also you can try putting the Tylan in a little pocket of cream cheese or a grain- free pill pocket as long as it is given simultaneously with an enzymed  meal.

I hope the shot helps her appetite- please keep us posted after you meet with your vet.

--

Kelli & Addie

Shetland Sheepdog, 5 yr- old female, diagnosed 7/18/11. TLI 1.6, Folate >24, B-12 <150.

B-12 shots every week. Weight 28lbs then-now 40! Member of Chunky Monkey Club!

Feeding Canidae Pure Elements 1/2 C 2x/day, 1/8C at night. Mix & set 20 min.

Tylan 2x/day for recurring SIBO. Coconut Oil 1 tsp/day. Omeprisol 1/day for acid reflux

December 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Viking

Addie. Tasha is not a pup. she is 7 years old. But this is getting more serious by the day. Now she is coughing like she wants to vomit but it is a dry cough, as if she has liquid in her lungs. Something like that.

--

December 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

maddie ann

Hello to you and Tasha- i really do think that Low b12 can be the reason why you are getting all of these problems not wanting to eat and even the dry heave can be signs of this so please dont get despondent .I was only thinking that two years ago maddie started to display her syptoms properly i banned treats for Xmas in 2010 because i thought it was a food allergy by the April she lost 1/3 of her body weight by July she has only regained 6lbs of that wieght all because she had untreated low b12 i remeber crying in the car thinking she wasnt going to make it but 2 years on she is actually getting some food treats for Xmas.

Good luck today.

--

ANN (UK)

“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Maddie DOB 01-10-2007 she is now  6 DX 04/11 .B12 140 now 644 TLI <1.00 Folate 14.2.

After 15 months on the B12 tablets with the intrisic factor she was retested and her b12 is now 902.

Weight was 22.3kg now 33.2kg (04-05-12) she is a small GSDbut she gained .(24lbs)

Feed a mixture of foods she does better on fibre 3% and below she has  b12 tablets daily (imported from the USAhttp://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.php?itemnum=6881) now changing to the uk version from http://www.chemeyes.co.uk/

organic virgin  coconut oil dailly. Use Panzym 1/4 a tsp per 200 grams of food .Got SIBO under control after antibiotics ( stormormgyl) used synbotic by protexin. a pre-probotic also given daily.

December 20, 2012 at 5:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tracey, Sofie's mom

I know it gets really frightening when they won't eat and are so lethargic - but it can turn around in just a couple of days if you get her food, enzymes and meds tweaked a bit.

I agree about the Tylan - Sofie would never touch her food if I put it on there. I bought some empty gel caps from the health food store and it's not that hard to make them yourself. Sofie knows she has to have her pills before she eats (although I put them down her throat, she won't swallow them willingly:) But she sits and takes them no problem (we use B12 pills with intrinsic factor daily so even without anti's she gets a pill every day).

And you might want to think about changing to a grain-free low fiber food right away, unless there are allergies at play there are better foods for Tasha's condition.

Please keep us posted, we are here to help so ask as many questions as you need to, we want Tasha to feel a bit better for the holidays:)

--

Tracey, Sofie's mom

Sofie, Shiloh shepherd, born March 2010; diagnosed April 2011. Currently eats 3.5 cups of TOTW Lamb per day plus a bit of cooked beef, pork, tripe or liver, etc. with 1 tsp. of 8x enzymes per cup. 1 Wonderlabs B12 pill per day, 1 tbsp coconut oil 2x a day and currently back on Tylan 2x a day. Her lowest weight was 66 lbs, she is now a lovely 85 lbs.

December 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Advanced Forum Search

For best results use this box to search forum

Recent Videos

295 views - 1 comment
960 views - 4 comments
983 views - 2 comments
2319 views - 0 comments

Testimonials

• "When I inherited Pixie from my mother-in-law, I was very nervous about managing her EPI. She had already been diagnosed, but as my m-i-l's health deteriorated, apparently Pixie..."
    Grateful EPI Mom
  • "not sure where we would be today without this forum this has been a journey of faith and learning and i have found friends alomg the way to share the good and bad times with ..."
    jean
    grateful family member
  • "I have a beautiful Maltese, Eva. She will be 4 in March. In July this year she started to poo too often. After a stressful four months and lots of sleepless nights and tearful d..."
    Mum to Eva

Recent Visitors

Facebook Like Button

Twitter Tweet Button

Google +1 Button

Google Translator