EPI * Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

managing EPI

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > birthday boy!

Goği

20.12.12 Goði became 2 years old and 40kg! which is the weight he was before he got epi, but he lowest was 28! There is always hope ppl!!

here r sum pic off a wery happy boy and a wery happy owner

mary christmas and a happy new year..greatings from Iceland

December 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Goği

haha i am sorry...did not relise how many pics i put in :P

December 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cedar's Mom, Barb

Beautiful pics of a very handsome pup. He looks terrific! Way to go and a very Happy New Year!

--

- Barb -

Mom to Cedar, diagnosed with EPI Nov 1, 2010, TLI 1.2, Feb 2013 B12 653 (150-700), Folate 23 (7-39); B12 injections weekly; 1 3/4 tsp pancreatin 8X/meal, 1 1/4 c TOTW Pacific Stream or Sierra Mountain + 1/2 c add ins (pork, salmon, sardines, haddock, egg, pumpkin are the usual), 1/3 c water, incubated x 30 minutes; 2 meals/day; current weight 75 lbs. Also has Pannus; treated with tacrolimus ointment 2 x daily each eye and gets 100 ug Vit E daily for immature cataracts. Also Mom to pupkids Bree and Griffin, and catkids Abby, Diamond and Max...and skinkid Ayden

December 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Goği

thank you :) i really want to put som before and after pictures and becose i have already put so mani pictures i picked 4..hope u dont mind but i am just so proud off him...the before is taken in oktober and after i took today :)

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

December 30, 2012 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sailin Suzie & Brenda

He is so beautiful and yours is a great story.   WOW  ICELAND!!!!!   I have been away from the forum for a while.  I am so happy that we have a representative in ICELAND.   Well, not happy that your boy has EPI, but so glad you found us I guess.

A very belated welcome from an old timer.

--

Brenda & Sailin Suzie.   Worlds Greatest Boat Dog

December 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Goği

thank you :) i am wery happy that i found this website, i have a great vet that pointed it out and recomended it for me to read:) 

they have really help me out and done there study coz she only remember 1 dog in iceland that had epi..and that was 10 years ago :)

December 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shirl

Those pictures are wonderful!  I absolutely adore the one of him snuggling with you on the couch...he looks so content!  You are doing a great job with him...keep up the good work!

--

Mom to Pixie, 8 year old sheltie,inherited from my mother-in-law 3/11.  Dx of EPI 9/09.  TLI in 10/09 was 0.4 ug/L.  As of 12/2/11, Folate fasting levels was 13.6 ug/L, and Cobalamin fasting was 615.   Current weight 20.9 lbs (7/13), solid member of the Chunky Monkey Club!  Ideal weight around 17, I think, but she's not obese at this weight, so maybe 17 is a little low.  Feeding grain free - Merrick 96% Pork canned and Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Lamb kibble.  Giving slightly less than 1/2 tsp Pancreatin 8X per 1/2 cup of food.  Tylan 1x/day maintenance dose.  Also takes 1/2 tablet pepcid for stomach upset 2x/day.   Getting bi-weekly B-12 shots.  Our little pack also includes my husband, our 13 year old sheltie, Lucy, and our 10 year old sheltie, Einstein. 

December 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anja & Wanda

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures, looks like a wonderful place to live. Handsome dog. they both look quite contented.

Wanda

--

Anja diagnosed at 8 mos. Jan 26,2010. Lowest weight was 54.5 lbs.  Anja now weighs 75 lbs.

December 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Goği

thank you:) and yeah he is really a snuggling kinda boy ;)

it is a great place to live...never know what is gonna happen in the weather, it was -10c to -18c monday to friday..and then saturday it was +7 haha love it

December 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dar

Beautiful boy !! And.. there are never too many pictures !!!  HappyNew Year!!! So glad to hear that your vet referred you to this site !!

--

Dar and Kodi, From Washington state

' I aspire to be the person that my dog thinks I am !!! '

Kodi (GSD female) , born August 19, 2010 , was diagnosed July 15, 2011 at 11 months .Lowest weight, 47 lbs, weight as of  4/27/2013  62.9 lbs. Our goal for her at this time is now 65 lbs. !!!   And she made it!! .  TLI .07 , Folate 9.4 , Cobalmin 536 .

Kodi is on Pioneer grain and potato free Pork, 2  cups kibble with added canned or home cooked pork 2 times a day with  3/4 teaspoons of enzymes (X 8 ) from Diane. (Also some home cooked meals)1 Trinfac-B capsule once a day. Also  1/8 t. of ground coriander, 1/16 t. of ground fennel seed and cinnamon per meal (for stomach acid and burps). Having acupunture with a holistic vet for food and enviromental  allergies, doing accupressure points and taking 1000 mg.Super Quercetin daily for allergies.

December 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

these are beautiful pics and the before and after are testiment to your patience and love

Olesia will love them

that is one awesome vet you have

Happy New Year

Jeanx 

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

adopted at five months old 26th December 2009

EPI dx August 2010

tli<1.00 folate 8.3 cobalimin 611

Antibiotics  2 Oxytet antibiotics 3 times a day also if we cannot fit the Oxytet in she has Tylan 1/8th teaspoon before her meals as a maintenanance dose

Food- Ashenbank Lamb Casserole  twice daily equalling 3 cups per day possibly more

Zantac (ranitadine) 75 mg 30 minutes before each meal as too much acid was being produced

enzymes-Panzym 1 gram per meal twice daily ( 1/4 teaspoon )  plus one Lypex

B12 injection once every three weeks

one Chemeyes B12 with intrinsic factor of 40 daily

one Antepsin before bedtime

alergies to beef pork chicken and white fish confirmed by blood test

33.6 kilos in weight as of 5th May 2013

"UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WAS INVENTED BY DOGS"

December 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val

WOW... that is one handsome lad and looking GREAT... well done.

I will not show my Cassie those pictures or she will be on a plane over to you for a good romp across the grass... AND she will want that branch.

Isn't it wonderful when they put the weight back and start to blossom and you see the dog they always were meant to be? There is no feeling like ti.

Val

--

Razzy, GSD.

EPI for 4 1/2 years... sadly lost to cancer 30th July 2011 aged 9 1/2 years.

December 31, 2012 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miss Lulupants
Administrator

What a fantastic way to see in the new year - pre EPI weight!!! Congratulations to you and the classicly gorgeous Goði

--

Craig

Lulu (aka Miss Lulupants) is a 6 year old 'Red Shepherd' (Australian Red Heeler x Long-hair GSD) who lives on the Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia. Diagnosed with EPI in April 2010. Currently on one Creon 25k per meal; 2.5 cups Taste of the Wild High Prairie Canine Formula kibble per day + one Wonderlabs Trinfac every 2nd day. Click here for diet/med details. Miss Lulupants' story has been archived but it starts here. Lulu currently weighs: 20.4kg (42.8lbs). Was officially a chunky monkey for a while too :P Lulu is super-smart, a bit plump and very pretty (everybody says so - including her!).

December 31, 2012 at 5:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tracey, Sofie's mom

This is indeed a great way to say goodbye to 2012!! Congratulations, LOVE the pictures, you and your vet have done an amazing job getting Goði back up to weight!!!!!

Happy New Year from Canada to Iceland:)

--

Tracey, Sofie's mom

Sofie, Shiloh shepherd, born March 2010; diagnosed April 2011. Currently eats 3.5 cups of Go Turkey Recipe per day plus a bit of cooked beef, pork, tripe or liver, etc. with 1 tsp. of 8x enzymes per cup. I am going to switch her back to TOTW lamb version when this bag is done - I think both her and my non-EPIer have issues with the turkey. 1 Wonderlabs B12 pill per day, 1 tsp Slippery Elm with her lunch, 1 tbsp coconut oil 2x a day and currently back on Tylan 2x a day. Her lowest weight was 66 lbs, she is now a lovely 85 lbs.

December 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

epi4dogs
Site Owner

WOW!!!!! Happy Birthday Goði and a huge congratulations on the weight gain.... that is fantastic news... You and your vet have done a great job managing Goði EPI....... and please tell your vet THANK YOU very, very much for referring you to this website..... the more people we can help with EPI, the more better for the dogs health!

Ahhhhhhhh.. the pictures.... i am having so much fun looking at them... i feel like i get to travel the world and see all kinds of magical places ..... i LOVE seeing the pics... Your country side is very beautiful and alluring.... and Goði looks SO happy,,,, i just love that full mouth of teeth grin with the stick, and you and him snuggled on the couch... that is such a beautiful picture, and the mountains in the background- -stunning!  And the one with the dogs running, the mountains in back and water in front... just beautiful.... lovely, lovely pictures. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

The before and after..... wow.... BIG improvement!!!! 

Wishing you a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy-35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable almost 8 yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Feed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane. I give 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make chnages to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content  her diet. She now gets 1/2 Annamaet Lean kibble and 1/2 TOTW kibble with either lean pork loin meat, or chicken breast or tuna twice a day. She also receives  9 or 10 units of Vetsulin (depending on her blood glucose reading) a pork based insulin. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. And now we have to monitor her exercise.   It's been one heck of a journey... but aside from all that Izzy has gone thru with her health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

December 31, 2012 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michele

Happy BD beautiful boy!!!   WOW...he looks incredible!!!   Kudos to you both!!!  Never too many pics...loved every one of them - they are great shots!!!   How could they not be with a subject like that and the beautiful countryside!!!   :)

--

Michele

http://gardensoftranquility.com/

Jackie - Diagnosed at 9 mos (09/09) - TLI 0.3 and low end of B12.  Pancreatin 8x dosing 3/4tsp per cup.   Natures Domain, Trinfac-B Intrinsic Factor daily, probiotics and Duralactin in the am. Mega-E:  cisapride and metoclopramide.    Stable and happy 122lbs - thanks to all the beautiful souls on this forum, we could not have done it without YOU.

Dexter - Diagnosed 11/10 approx 3 yrs of age.   We failed fostering and now he has his forever home :)   At initial testing - TLI 1.2 (range 5-35) B12 254 (range 249-733) folate 20.2 (range 6.5-11.5)   Natures Domain, Pancreatin 8x dosing is 3/4 tsp per cup, Trinfac-B Intrinsic Factor daily, probiotics with each meal and glucosamine chondroitin in the am.  Hypothyroidism:   Soloxine.    Stable and happy 97 lbs.

December 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

can I say the more pics the better

we LOVE them

jx

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

adopted at five months old 26th December 2009

EPI dx August 2010

tli<1.00 folate 8.3 cobalimin 611

Antibiotics  2 Oxytet antibiotics 3 times a day also if we cannot fit the Oxytet in she has Tylan 1/8th teaspoon before her meals as a maintenanance dose

Food- Ashenbank Lamb Casserole  twice daily equalling 3 cups per day possibly more

Zantac (ranitadine) 75 mg 30 minutes before each meal as too much acid was being produced

enzymes-Panzym 1 gram per meal twice daily ( 1/4 teaspoon )  plus one Lypex

B12 injection once every three weeks

one Chemeyes B12 with intrinsic factor of 40 daily

one Antepsin before bedtime

alergies to beef pork chicken and white fish confirmed by blood test

33.6 kilos in weight as of 5th May 2013

"UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WAS INVENTED BY DOGS"

December 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb

He is stunning. What a good news story too. Congratulations on doing such a great job managing his epi.

--

Kody DOB 2nd Jan 2011. Diagnosed 11th Dec 2012. TLi less than 1. Dx weight 31.3kgs. Currently on 2x Creon 10 with every meal. Feeding 4 Big Dogfood premade Barf lamb patties and 500gms turkey mince meat divided between 4 meals. Started 6 week course B12 Injections 5th Jan 2013. 1 wonderlabs once a day. 1 Inner Health Plus a day.Started Tylan in case of "sneaky Sibo" 12th Feb 2013 as we were not seeing any weight gain although no true sibo signs.  10/4/2013  Started 1tbsp mash sweet potato before every meal for acid reflux - has made a big improvement to his burping. Oct 2013 Started 1tsp slippery elm per day & 1tsp coconut oil daily. Slowly increased to 5 tsps coconut oil a day. Also, on tylan for life.

21/12/2012 Test results at dx B12 257 (range 150-1020) and folate 15.9 (range 11-29). 

14/10/2013 Retested B12  1589 (range 150-1020) Folate 31 Cut wonderlabs to 1x day

27/11/2013 Weight 36kgs.

24/12/2013 Weight 37.3kgs. 3/2/2014 39.20 kgs 19/3/2014 41kgs

December 31, 2012 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Goği
Wow thank you all:-) and yes i am so.happy with the progress and i love my vet :-) i will definetly keep on posting pics.it makes me glad reading those comments :-) happy new year everyone!!
January 1, 2013 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jill

What an absolutely gorgeous member of the family! You have done a great job. Thank you for sharing the photos, and a Happy New year to you and everyone else.

--

Mickey 6/99  17.5 lb  jack russell, chronic pancreatitis

eating whatever he will eat at the time

2 #2 Dianes enzymes 6x premeal, Optagest mixed in also

hyperuricosuria: potassium citrate nightly for urine alkalinization

2.5 mg Amlodipine, .2mg soloxine, 100mg ursodiol started for gall bladder thinning 3/24

arthritis:  6.25mg tramadol 2x/day, 25mg gabapentin every 12 hrs,  Assisi soft loop used on back and elbow

Denamarin once a day, 1/16 t tylan (150mg)  

1/4 Zantac am and pm, Senilife started 12/14/13, Trixsyn

Optimmune and Dry eyes, 125mg amoxicillan started 4/11 for teeth problem 

Kiya is Mickeys sister, 3/4 aussie, 1/4 blue heeler born 9/2006.  She thinks she is a 44 lb jack russell who tries to heel Mickey!!

January 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Advanced Forum Search

For best results use this box to search forum

Recent Videos

257 views - 2 comments
433 views - 4 comments
545 views - 2 comments
1130 views - 0 comments

Testimonials

• "Hello to everyone, I know it can be very overwhelming when your animal has been diagnosed with EPI, I know I was! GSD Orion was diagnosed Fall of 2011 and I was so scared. ..."
    Encouragement To All
  • "When a child is sick, there is limited things you can do. They can't tell you where it hurts or what's wrong. The days before Kobe's diagnosis of EPI were filled with fear, worr..."
    The only place
  • "A huge thank you to Olesia for creating this site. Gabi would not have gotten stable without all these beautiful people & pups (& cats). We share our stories, ideas & experience..."
    Relieved Mom

Recent Visitors

Facebook Like Button

Twitter Tweet Button

Google +1 Button

Google Translator