Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Been a long while...

Pamela/Rosina/Lakme

Hello everyone! I know it's been an extremely long time since I've been on here. Things have been moving at lightning speed this past year. I can't believe it's gone by so fast. I've been trying to catch up with everything, but it just seems impossible. I have been watching the updates that come through my email and things that are going on in our EPI world. Like, what's up with changing SIBO into the scary name??

We bought a house in May, moved in, my husband got a new teaching position only 3 miles from our house, and we are now trying to make plans to replace all the grass in the backyard since Rosina is allergic to it. That will have to wait until Spring when we also replace our entrie fence, but the Winter should kill out most of the pasture junk that's back there. Rosina has been great with the EPI. Everything has been normal. No news is good news right? I can't believe it's already been 3 years. My girl is going to be 11 this December! She's starting to show her age and a little arthritis is setting in. It seems she has nicked the ACL in her left left, but it's not bad enough yet for surgery like we had on her right one a couple years back. It may be fine on it's own. We just have to watch her and not let her go up and down the stairs too much. I sure get my exercise carrying the 21 lb furball up and down though! A week ago she started having issues and had a UTI. She went in for xrays to make sure she didn't have stones and they felt a hernia in her groin that will probably be reduce without surgery. She has to go in for an ultrasound in a week when the antibiotics are finished so that they can make sure she doesn't have any residual stones or tumors since there was so much sediment in her urine. While she was at the vet's though she got Kennel Cough. So, back we go to get more anti's. She doing fine and hasn't coughed in 3 days. The humidfier with lavender and eucalyptus oils have help alot with the congestion. Hopefully, this will be this last of our illnesses for a while. When it rains it pours, right?!

In sadder news, we lost our 13.5 year old cat, Milo in August to Heart Disease. It came on so fast. His last check up in late Spring showed no signs of trouble. In July after a trip to MS and back with the critters he started having trouble breathing. We thought it was a cold, but he had fluid around his heart. He spent 4 days in the hospital, 2 on oxygen and they sent him home with lasics and other meds. He started getting better, but after taking him back for another xray and check up, he became so stressed out, that it made things worse. A week later, his little body just couldn't hold up anymore and the fluid would not decrease even with extra lasics. His last night with us, he jumped onto the couch with me and curled up by my side for a nap even though he was having a hard time breathing. He'd never done anything like that before. I believe he knew it was about time to say good bye and that was his way of telling me he loved me. We'll see each other again one day. In the mean time, he's having a great time across the Bridge, chasing birds and playing with my Bizet who left us last year.

In a couple weeks, we may be adding another member to our family. It seems like it's going to be a pretty easy process. There is a 4 month old Aussie/Spaniel mix that has EPI. Her foster family and rescue group has worked really hard to get her stable and they decided last week that she is stable enough to find a forever home. We've been planning on getting another dog since we now have a big back yard and we've been looking for an Aussie or Sheltie. We were worried how we would deal with the food situation since the other dog wouldn't need enzymes.  I hadn't been on petfinder for a while but yesterday, when I was taking a break from cleaning and disinfecting the house so Rose doesn't reinfect herself with Kennel Cough, I came across her profile. I put in the application which can take up to 2 weeks for a reply. I got a call last night from the local rescue organizer. We talked for a while and they are rushing our application approval and home visit. We may be able to meet her this weekend!!! She is precious and they are thrilled that someone who is familiar with EPI is wanting to adopt her. I am so excited that I can help another dog by using the knowledge I've gained from everyone in this group! I'm sure we'll have some ups and downs while getting her settled, but I know that we will be able to make a difference in this sweet baby's life and give her a home that she deserves. I will post some pictures when I get some of her and let you know how things go. But I am positive that it will all work out! They certainly find you when the time is right, don't they!

--
Pamela

Rosina; Crossed the Bridge unexpectedly in her sleep after ACL surgery at 11 yrs old on 1/1/14;  LH Chihuahua Mix; dx'd 10/26/10; Lived a wonderful full life with no complications from the EPI. Left us at a solid 20 lbs.

We now also have Lakme! Born 06/16/2013; Adopted on 10/12/13 at 15.5 weeks old. She is an Aussie/Springer Spaniel? mix. Dx'd at 8 weeks-TLI score of 0.7.  Folate 14.3, B12-226.. Now eating 3.5 cups Merrick Beef and Sweet Potato Grain Free, ground and mixed with 3.5 tsp Diane's 8x's Enzymes-Split between 3 meals per day. First B12 shot given on 10/18/13 with magical results! Starting weekly shots and will retest in 6 weeks or so when she goes in to be spayed. EPI is under control and stable. Occasional liver treat for training with no upsets. Update: as of 1/12/14 Lakme is now 27 lbs, 19 inches tall, and is growing like a weed. Energy is through the roof. May have to increase food again to keep up with the calories she burns each day.

October 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jill

Wow, what a comeback!  Pamela, you are right when it rains it pours. Hopefully you can get your Rosina cleared of all the antibiotics soon.  So glad to hear things are going well.  You are a very special family to take in another EPI dog in need, and your pup will get someone to play with!  Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

--

Mickey 6/21/99 - 8/29/2014 

17.5 lb  jack russell, chronic pancreatitis, hyperuricosuria

eats hard boiled eggs, RC Hepatic, mashed potato

2 #2 Dianes enzymes 6x premeal

2.5 mg Amlodipine, .15mg soloxine am/pm, 100mg ursodiol started for gall bladder thinning 3/24

arthritis:  6.25mg tramadol 1x/day, 12.5mg gabapentin every 12 hrs,  Assisi soft loop used on back and elbow,started Yucca Intensive 2x/day 4/29/14, 1 540meq potassium citrate nightly

Denamarin once a day, 1/16 t tylan (150mg)  2x/day 

Senilife started 12/14/13, Trixsyn

Optimmune and Dry eyes,  

Kiya is Mickeys sister, 3/4 aussie, 1/4 blue heeler born 9/2006.  She thinks she is a 44 lb jack russell who tries to heel Mickey!!

October 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daisy's grandma

That's wonderful that you are adopting another EPI dog. I have an aussie mix rescue girl who had heartworms. She is the sweetest dog ever. Can't wait to see pictures of your new one ;-)

--

Mimi and Daisy

Daisy, border collie born April 2009, was confirmed with EPI June 28, 2013. TLI of 1.9; Cobalamin, 251, Folate 8.4. Started enzymes June 13, weighed a bony 36 pounds at that time.  Started weekly B12 shots on June 29. Gained back to 46 pounds, but had lots of tummy gurgling. Started Tylan on July 13. Within a week, Daisy quit eating, had bloody diarrhea, and ended up in hospital with a massive intestinal infection. After about a week in the hospital that included exploratory surgery that showed nothing except an atrophied pancreas, Daisy is now doing well. Trinfac once a day, B12 injection every 3 weeks, tablespoon of pumpkin with every meal. Currently eating Natural Balance Duck and Potato rotating with Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Bison. It's been over a year now since that crisis. Miracles happen ;-)

October 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

Welcome home Pamela

I was seriously wondering about you recently

so many people have disappeared since we started 3 years ago along with you!

What an upheaval you have had, and kennel cough to go with it

can I suggest that you use white vinegar for the disinfecting, its so user friendly, and no side effects, I found it very early on in life and use it for all, including counter tops, carpets,floors etc, you might need it for the new puppy too

A NEW PUPPY..................................

four months and EPI, well thats a marriage thats been negotiated in heaven somewhere

The rescue must be doing a jig and we want every bit of information and pictures PLEASE

I am so sorry about Milo my Titch is 18, and I panic sometimes!

and I agree I will talk SIBO too

keep in touch

jeanx

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

born 21st July 2009

adopted at five months old 26th December 2009

EPI dx August 2010

tli<1.00 folate 8.3 cobalimin 611

Antibiotics  2 Oxytet antibiotics 3 times a day also if we cannot fit the Oxytet in she has Tylan 1/8th teaspoon before her meals as a maintenanance dose

Food- Ashenbank Lamb Casserole  twice daily equalling 3 cups per day possibly more

Zantac (ranitadine) 75 mg 30 minutes before each meal as too much acid was being produced, causing shedding of bowel lining

enzymes-Panzym 1 gram per meal twice daily ( 1/4 teaspoon )  plus one Lypex

B12 injection once every three weeks

one Chemeyes B12 with intrinsic factor of 40 daily

one Antepsin before bedtime

alergies to beef pork chicken and white fish confirmed by blood test

33.6 kilos in weight as of 5th May 2013

39 kilos as of 10th June 2014

"UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WAS INVENTED BY DOGS"

October 9, 2013 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michele
Administrator

Wow...that sure is a lot going on!!    Congratulation on managing Rosina's EPI so well!   Sounds like she has had a couple ups and downs with other stuff, but hopefully that is all part of the past.     Keep us posted on your new addition to your new home!    Awww...I am so sorry to hear about Milo :(    We are just never ready to lose our furry loves but you did all you could and it warms my heart to hear he got to say his last good-bye's in that sweet curl up next to you.

Congratulations on all the wonderful things going on (hubby's new job included) and thank you for the update.   Please do keep us posted on your new addition and hugs to sweet Rosina!

--

Michele

http://gardensoftranquility.com/

Jackie - Diagnosed at 9 mos (09/09) - TLI 0.3 and low end of B12.  Pancreatin 8x dosing 3/4tsp per cup.   TOTW High Prarie, Trinfac-B Intrinsic Factor daily, probiotics and Duralactin in the am. Mega-E:  cisapride and metoclopramide.    Stable and happy 122lbs - thanks to all the beautiful souls on this forum, we could not have done it without YOU.

Dexter - Diagnosed 11/10 approx 3 yrs of age.   We failed fostering and now he has his forever home :)   At initial testing - TLI 1.2 (range 5-35) B12 254 (range 249-733) folate 20.2 (range 6.5-11.5)   TOTW High Prarie, Pancreatin 8x dosing is 3/4 tsp per cup, Trinfac-B Intrinsic Factor daily, probiotics with each meal and glucosamine chondroitin in the am.  Hypothyroidism:   Soloxine.    Stable and happy 97 lbs.

October 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Buttermom

Well hey stranger!!!!   Geez, have you been able to relax lately???  Glad to hear Rosina is on the mend and is doing great with the EPI, but I'm so sorry about Milo.  Congratulations tho on the new pup.....   You are very special to see a dog most would ignore, and decide instead to bring her into your home.....   So good to hear from you!  Welcome back!!!

Susan

--

"I am I because my little dog knows me."   Gertrude Stein

Butterbean, Chihuahua born on 06-27-2004, diagnosed in May-June of 2010 via pancreatic biopsy. TLI score of 0.7. Feeding Darwins duck, 1.2 ounces twice daily with 1/4 tsp of enzyme. In the am she also gets 1/4 tsp of Platiinum Performance Canine CJ as well as 1/8 tsp of slippery elm powder.  She gets a B12 shot every 10 days, and a Wonderlab's capsule every 3 days.

October 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

FionaB

Wow, what a lot going on for you

And how wonderful tht you are taking on an EPI puppy - looking forward to seeing pictures or Rosina and your new baby

Fiona x

--

Fiona and Dexter

Dexter, Rough Coated Lurcher , adopted from

The Dogs Trust at 17 weeks on 30th May 2011

Dexter was diagnosed on 19th October 2012 cTLI 1.5 B12 689pg/m

weighing 14.3kg

current weight 18.8kg  

Millies Wolfheart  Kibble (various mixes from range Riverside/Gundog/Utility/Gamekeeper/Endurance)

Panzym 3.75g per 180g of kibble  2x per day

Chemeyes B12 with Intrinsic Factor x2 a day

Tylan or Oxytetracycline for SID (SIBO) as necessary

October 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dar

Hi !! Thanks for the update...you have been vey busy !!   Sorry for your loss of Milo.. we are never ready to lose one of our furbabies...Happy theat Rosina is doing good  and maybe a new EPI dog too!! Wow..as they say..you only live once!!

--

Dar and Kodi, From Washington state

' I aspire to be the person that my dog thinks I am !!'

Kodi (GSD female) , born August 19, 2010 , was diagnosed July 15, 2011 at 11 months .Lowest weight, 47 lbs, weight as of  4/27/2013  62.9 lbs. Our goal for her at this time is now 65 lbs. !!!   And she made it!! .  TLI .07 , Folate 9.4 , Cobalmin 536 .

Kodi is on Dogswell Livefree Turkey, 2  cups kibble twice a day with  3/4 teaspoons of enzymes (X 8 ) per cup,from Diane. (Also some home cooked meals)1 Trinfac-B capsule once a day. Also 1/8 t. of ground coriander, 1/16 t. of ground fennel seed and cinnamon per meal (for stomach acid and burps). Cylosporine 100 mg. every other day as needed for  allergies.

October 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pamela/Rosina/Lakme

Thanks! We're extremely excited about this puppy! We had a home visit from the rescue today and it went well. Rosina was not too loud and obnoxious. We can now set up a time, hopefully tomorrow, to go meet the puppy. Her name is Tulia for now but we will probably change it to Lakme (from Deliebes opera). Here is her puppy picture that was posted on Petfinder.

--
Pamela

Rosina; Crossed the Bridge unexpectedly in her sleep after ACL surgery at 11 yrs old on 1/1/14;  LH Chihuahua Mix; dx'd 10/26/10; Lived a wonderful full life with no complications from the EPI. Left us at a solid 20 lbs.

We now also have Lakme! Born 06/16/2013; Adopted on 10/12/13 at 15.5 weeks old. She is an Aussie/Springer Spaniel? mix. Dx'd at 8 weeks-TLI score of 0.7.  Folate 14.3, B12-226.. Now eating 3.5 cups Merrick Beef and Sweet Potato Grain Free, ground and mixed with 3.5 tsp Diane's 8x's Enzymes-Split between 3 meals per day. First B12 shot given on 10/18/13 with magical results! Starting weekly shots and will retest in 6 weeks or so when she goes in to be spayed. EPI is under control and stable. Occasional liver treat for training with no upsets. Update: as of 1/12/14 Lakme is now 27 lbs, 19 inches tall, and is growing like a weed. Energy is through the roof. May have to increase food again to keep up with the calories she burns each day.

October 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

Oh Pamela

how on earth could you give that scrap up to a rescue?

good luck on the meet, is Rosina going too ?

when will you get her?

I hope she will love her too, I assume you are into opera, and that is a good name

please let us know

sorry bout the questions, but I am getting excited for you

jeanx

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

born 21st July 2009

EPI dx August 2010

Antibiotics  2 Oxytet antibiotics 3 times a day also if we cannot fit the Oxytet in she has Tylan 1/8th teaspoon before her meals as a maintenanance dose

Food- Ashenbank Lamb Casserole  twice daily equalling 3 cups per day possibly more

Zantac (ranitadine) 75 mg 30 minutes before each meal as too much acid was being produced, causing shedding of bowel lining

October 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

FionaB

Awwww what a gorgeous pup, I cant believe someone gave her up

still there loss is your gain

wishing you all the luck with you new pup 

Fiona and Dexter xx

--

Fiona and Dexter

weighing 14.3kg

current weight 18.8kg  

Millies Wolfheart  Kibble (various mixes from range Riverside/Gundog/Utility/Gamekeeper/Endurance)

October 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

She's Got Moxi

So very precious!!! Good luck with all the visits, etc.  Hope you get her HOME soon!

--

Pat - mom to Moxi & Sadie (nonEPI) b 12/14/13

MOXI 7/16/12-8/15/13 Gone to the Rainbow Bridge too soon!  Parvo survivor - dx  EPI 3/19/2013 at 24#, got up to 41# before kidneys failed unrelated to EPI  Thank you for loving us, Moxi!      

http://www.epi4dogs.com/epiquickguide.htm

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=10935

http://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.php?itemnum=6881

http://enzymediane.com/

MOXI'S JOURNEY IS DONE, BUT OUR ROAD GOES ON...

October 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pamela/Rosina/Lakme

Thanks everyone! We are thrilled! We weren't going to bring her home until next weekend, but we got her yesterday! She was so good last night. Is very calm, for a puppy. Wants to play with Rose, but respects that she doesn't want to at times. She backs off when Rose doesn't want to play, but they are getting closer. I'm going to go out and get another kennel for her and some puppy chews. She's teething so the nylabones might be a good option.

Poop hasn't been super great, but it's getting better. She must have eaten grass or something at foster mom's yesterday before we brought her home. I think I need to get her a B12 shot. We never had to worry about that with Rose, but her analysis from A&M says that she had low B12 when they tested it. There are no numbers except 0.7 for her TLi score. Rose goes in for her ultrasound on Tuesday hopefully, so I'll ask the vet if I can bring Lakme in on Friday to get a shot to see if it makes a difference. Her Folate was normal according to A&M.

She and her 9 other siblings and her pure bred Red Aussie Mom were "found" in a field when the pups were 4 weeks. The lady who was fostering Lakme and 2 others actually had all 11 of them until the pups were weaned and could go to other foster homes. All the pups and mom now have homes. However, all the pups look exactly like Lakme. There is not an inkling of Aussie. They must really take after their dad. She loves water too! Not bath, but garden hose spray! Here are some new pictures of her.

--
Pamela

October 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

She's Got Moxi
Awww! Looks like some spaniel in there.
--

Pat - mom to Moxi & Sadie (nonEPI) b 12/14/13

MOXI 7/16/12-8/15/13 Gone to the Rainbow Bridge too soon!  Parvo survivor - dx  EPI 3/19/2013 at 24#, got up to 41# before kidneys failed unrelated to EPI  Thank you for loving us, Moxi!      

http://www.epi4dogs.com/epiquickguide.htm

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=10935

http://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.php?itemnum=6881

http://enzymediane.com/

MOXI'S JOURNEY IS DONE, BUT OUR ROAD GOES ON...

October 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

maddie ann

Hello Pamela she is beautiful i to would have though all springer....i am sure that we dont have to drum into you the importance of b12 i can see that you are doing the test already....cant wait to see her growing.

--

ANN (UK)

“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Maddie DOB 01-10-2007 she is now  6 DX 04/11 .B12 140 now 644 TLI <1.00 Folate 14.2.

After 15 months on the B12 tablets with the intrisic factor she was retested and her b12 is now 902.

Weight was 22.3kg now 33.2kg (04-05-12) she is a small GSDbut she gained .(24lbs)

Feed a mixture of foods she does better on fibre 3% and below she has  b12 tablets daily (imported from the USAhttp://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.php?itemnum=6881) now changing to the uk version from http://www.chemeyes.co.uk/

organic virgin  coconut oil dailly. Use Panzym 1/4 a tsp per 200 grams of food .Got SIBO under control after antibiotics ( stormormgyl) used synbotic by protexin. a pre-probotic also given daily.

October 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

FionaB

Oh Pamela, she is soooooo adorable

And how lucky is she to find you

Wishing you lots and lots of happiness with you new furbabie

Fiona xxxx

--

Fiona and Dexter

weighing 14.3kg

current weight 18.8kg  

October 13, 2013 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

I am in love

no wonder you couldnt leave her

can I suggest ice cubes for teething, they have worked for all three of mine

you know what is odd, you make a picture of people in your mind, and its great to finally meet those behind the posts

keep us up to speed here she is so fab

and pics of her and Rosina please

you were so supportive to me and Kara, and I will be likewise

jx

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

born 21st July 2009

EPI dx August 2010

October 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean and Kara

I have just noticed another fur ball sitting on the couch

who is that?

jean

--

Kara

From Liverpool England

born 21st July 2009

EPI dx August 2010

October 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

epi4dogs
Site Owner

Pamela.... omg... she is SOOOOOoooo cute!!!!  Looking forward to watching Lakeme grow up here on the forum with her epi family.... and you are doing great already .... perfectly managing her EPI....getting her B12.   It's amazing how understanding EPI removes the fear of managing it.... especially when you have experience ;).  Glad to hear that Rosina is doing so well too!

--

Olesia, owned by Izzy-35lb SWD, Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.3, Stable almost 8 yrs! Once stable, was able to reduce enzymes to only 1/2 tsp of Enzymes with each meal, but after almost 4 years of stabilization... had to increase the amount of enzymes to 3/4 teaspoon with each meal. Feed various grain-free kibble+real meat, 6x pancreatin enzymes from EnzymeDiane. I give 1 tsp of coconut oil one day and 1 tsp salmon oil next day, and also give canned sardines packed without salt or canned herring for extra omega oils.

In Feb 2013, Izzy developed a very serious condition called IMHA which she (thankfully) beat and is now in remission. We also discovered that now, at 8+ years old, she not only has EPI, but also Diabetes, Low Thyroid and High Cholesterol.  Izzy was able to receive excellent care because of the kindness of so many here on epi4dogs and  is currently  doing extra-ordinarily well. If anyone could spend a day with Izzy, they would never guess that she has any health problems!  Because of Izzy's concurrent conditions of Diabetes and High Cholesterol we had to make changes to our daily EPI routine. We had to alter the fiber, type of fiber and the fat content her diet. She was getting Annamaet Lean kibble plus a lean meat and did well on it....... but we have since switched again because of her diabetes to an all home-made diet which she does even better on and has even been able to reduce the Vetsulin (por-based insulin) dose from 9 units to 6 units... because of the diet change to all home-made i no longer worry about hypoglycemia- -she is much more even keeled with a diet of sweet potato+ a lean meat+coconut oil/fish oil+vitamins and bone meal. We tried Novolin N a human synthetic RNA insulin.... but Izzy did not do well on it. aside from all of Izzy's health issues.... she continues to wake up every day full of joy and a great sense of humor!

October 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pamela/Rosina/Lakme

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the lovely words about our new girl.  She is a mess! Yesterday was especially hard because she was forgetting herself and tinkling on the floor. Twice within 5 minutes. She doesn't have anything wrong, but gets super excited when she thinks it's time to eat (which is all the time) or I'm in the kitchen. Today has been better since I was able to leave the back door open for her to go out whenever she wanted to. It was raining for 4 days, so that wasn't really an option. Must buy a steam cleaner this weekend to clean the carpets and get rid of the wet doggie smell.

Jean, I tried the ice cubes and she seems to like them. She doesn't really chew them but I'm sure the cold helps with the teeth. Oh and the other furball on the couch was the foster mom's dog Emma. She's a Samoyed. One of the 3 dogs the foster mom already had before taking in the 10 pups and mother. I can't believe she was able to do that. She has such a big heart. I haven't been able to get any pictures of Rose and Lakme together because Rose doesn't want to have much to do with her. We had a barking contest this morning. And I've had to keep Rose from killing her a couple times. Well, I don't think she was going to hurt her, it just sounded really bad and Lakme never tried to retaliate. Hasn't been any yelping so I'm guessing Rose was just telling her who was boss. She was so good with my parents' puppy this summer I figured things would be good. I'm sure she'll come around but I wish it would happen sooner than later.

Rosina goes in tomorrow for her ultrasound and urine draw. We'll find out how bad the hernia is and hopefully that there is nothing in her bladder or kidneys. I'm going to take Lakme in on Friday or Saturday to see my vet for the first time and hopefully get her started on B12. I don't have any numbers for her yet though. We may need to run the test first to see how it is. I'm going to try using Diane's enzymes instead of the Panakare Plus that Lakme was sent home with. There seems to be the white grainy particles in her poop like others have talked about in another thread. I think it's the extra vitamins, but we'll see if it's still there with Diane's enzymes. They were not grinding her food and she doesn't chew when she eats, she inhales. So, I figured grinding like I always have for Rose would help and it has. Poops are much smaller and have gotten darker. Consistency is the biggest issue. It's sometimes good and sometimes not so good. Never liquid, but sometimes cow patty or start tootsie roll and end as cow patty. This morning was excellent, but as it dried, I saw the white particles showing up. Lunchtime wasn't so good and this afternoon wasn't too great. She's eating 3 meals per day, but has been drinking rain water, so I'm sure that hasn't helped. I try to stop her, but she still gets some. Maybe now that there is no rain water, I'll see a change as well. I'll let you know more when I get some numbers.

--
Pamela

October 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Advanced Forum Search

For best results use this box to search forum

Recent Videos

991 views - 1 comment
1547 views - 4 comments
1590 views - 2 comments
3025 views - 0 comments

Testimonials

• "not sure where we would be today without this forum this has been a journey of faith and learning and i have found friends alomg the way to share the good and bad times with ..."
    jean
    grateful family member
  • "Thanks to epi4dogs.com was my Jamie very quickly and right diagnosed, we have overtaken the time! Thanks to this great website is Jamie?s journey more easy! After confirm EPI di..."
    Kat
    Huge THANKS from Slovakia!
  • "We want to thank all the people who have give us already advise in just a short period. Hopefully we can say in a short time everthings goes right. We are glad these site is on ..."
    Thanks

Recent Visitors

Facebook Like Button

Twitter Tweet Button

Google +1 Button

Google Translator