Donated Panzym Enzymes-So Essex England available

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Donated Panzym Enzymes-So Essex England available

Post by Olesia711 » 28 Dec 2020, 16:22

Hi everyone, i am posting this for one of our members, Jacqui, who is graciously donating some remaining enzymes to someone who could use them and would like to pick them up in South Essex England. Her sweet EPI dog Mel passed away just before Christmas on December 21st. .
Image Image Image

This is Mel's' story....
Ten years ago our little border collie puppy was eating well, food obsessed and bouncy. But her weight was dropping and her stool was yellow and runny. It took 3 month of repeated tests and finally the vet suggested neutering her and doing an exploratory operation at the same time but he couldn’t see anything wrong. As she recovered, she ‘pooed’ on the floor at his feet and he finally understood what I had been saying to him. I said it was like something was missing in her digestion. He broached the subject of EPI which I had not heard of. Within days of starting enzymes, she was a different dog and the weight piled on. In the UK we use Panzyme which I can get on the internet.

At 2 years old she began to get poorly again. I came down in the morning and she had wet on the floor, it had dried and my feet stuck to it. I knew straight away it was diabetes. Again she was soon back to normal once we started her on insulin. Insulin commencement was not easy as she refused to be injected at first and getting the dose right took a while. Over the years her EPI has been fairly stable but the diabetes would be upset easily for instance when there were fireworks she got so excited she would become unstable for a week or so. As she got older she became more anxious and nervous. Then over the last 2 weeks she began to have frequent hypos. Last week she started falling over and by the time we got her to the vet she was fitting. Sadly on Monday night, just before Christmas, she crossed the rainbow bridge. The vet thinks she had a tumour somewhere but her body had had enough.

I have a small amount of panzyme if anyone would like to pick it up from South Essex. England. Please contact Olesia (olesia.kennedy@gmail.com) for my contact information.
Attachments
Mel2.jpg
Mel2.jpg (17.71 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Mel1.jpg
Mel1.jpg (17.66 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Mel3.jpg
Mel3.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Donated Panzym Enzymes-So Essex England available

Post by jilbert57 » 29 Dec 2020, 09:50

Mel, you are beautiful. So sorry you had to cross the Rainbow Bridge. Bless you.

Jacqui, thank you for the donation of enzymes to help other EPI animals.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 29 Dec 2020, 13:37

So sorry you lost your sweet Mel. It's extremely kind of you to think of others while you are grieving. Thank you for your generosity. Run free sweet Mel.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 30 Dec 2020, 04:50

Good Morning from Liverpool

We all understand losing our best friend, and I send love and hugs

I will talk to Suj from Chemeyes, she may well know someone,

And she lives in that neck of the woods

I will write personally to Mel

Jeanxx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx