Enzymes in granules

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Re: Enzymes in granules

Post by Madelon » 04 Jan 2021, 20:56

Hi Ana! I've messaged Suj with Chemeyes to see if she can ship her B12 pills to Croatia - I'll let you know as soon as I hear back. With the B12 that low you definitely need to supplement. My boy's was 406 when he was diagnosed and my vet too did not think he needed supplementing but after reading the research here and testimonies I talked to my vet and I gave the WonderLabs B12 Pet Factor pills (Chemeyes has a similar pill which is why I'm trying to see if they can ship to you). B12 supplementing is critical to properly managing EPI and is for life for these dogs.

Creon will not damage anything long term. I'm not familiar with the other brands but Olesia will likely chime in on those. If Chemeyes can ship to you, you might be able to try their powder enzymes.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Madelon
Staff

Post by Madelon » 05 Jan 2021, 08:25

Hi Ana - I just heard back from Suj with Chemeyes and she can ship to Croatia - she's AMAZING and will be able to help you with the B12 and enzymes. Here's a link to her website https://www.chemeyes.co.uk/

Don't hesitate to reach out to her with any questions she's so helpful and knowledgable - we have lots of members across the pond that use her products with great success.

Keep us posted :)
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

anapo1998
Pet name: Bella
My name: Ana

Post by anapo1998 » 05 Jan 2021, 11:52

Many thanks, Madeline! Will definitely try them. In the meantime, I went to wanderlabs site and managed to place an order of vitamin B12 and Slippery Elm. I was thinking to check whether the vet can give her B12 shots while waiting for the order to arrive.

Also, I decided yesterday to try Creon again and even after after a few meals with Creon I noticed a difference in terms of quantity, color and consistency of her poo, which is quite exciting. However, just now I’ve seen that she threw up food (I fed her an hour ago). Is that common? Now I’m not sure what to do....

Madelon
Staff

Post by Madelon » 05 Jan 2021, 21:20

The throwing up could be the SID which won't get under control until you have the right balance of food, enzymes, B12 and possibly Slippery Elm or antibiotics.

anapo1998

Post by anapo1998 » 06 Jan 2021, 01:16

I’m going to the vet today to try and get B12 shots and some antibiotics. I ordered slippery elm and b12 powder through wanderlabs but it might take a while to get here. Does slippery elm have to be for dogs or the one for humans work as well?
As for enzymes, I tried to order through chimneys yesterday but sth was wrong with their website. I’ll try again today. Not sure whether I should continue with Creon or try this other enzyme in granules I got? I found some info about it on website and it looks it’s entrinsic coated enzyme, so I should apply it the same as Creon? No need for incubation
I’m thinking to stabilize her throwing up and poop (yesterday evening started to get soft again) before changing food, what do you think?
Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions....

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 07 Jan 2021, 12:22

Hi there

I am going to put out a shout as to whether a company in UK can ship b12 to Croatia

people have used Creon for years in Australia, so I dnt see an issue if you can get it

Gee, when Pam said that EPI dogs cant have lamb I was ready to argue, and then Olesia qualified what she had said,

My Kara only had lamb based food for 8 years, she was blood tested for foods she couldnt tolerate and they were beef, chicken , white fish, white fish just flew through her , and we knew before the test that she couldnt tolerate chicken, or or poultry fat in dog food

she could however, tolerate the lot except white fish ccoked by ourselves

They are a conundrum, but we love them

please ask away
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 07 Jan 2021, 12:28

just an update

Chemeyes in the UK have confirmed thay CAN ship to your part of the world

https://www.chemeyes.co.uk/product/vita ... ic-factor/

they are wonderful to work with, and EPI4DOGS is proud to be able to support, and recommend them, as they support us, and have done for a number of years, they are a tried and tested company , including myself for years

Jean

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 07 Jan 2021, 12:47

sorry I have just seen Madelon has also contacted them, well at least you have positive shipping info

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

anapo1998

Post by anapo1998 » 07 Jan 2021, 12:56

Jean,

Today I managed to place an order of B12 and enzymes with them. Yesterday I took Bella to the vet and she got B12 shot, which should tie her over until the shipment arrives. She also got anti vomiting shot , so I continued to give her enzymes, which are like Creon but for dogs. Today her poo was perfect. I’ll see tomorrow if she’ll vomit(after the injection stops working)

Thank you and Marlene for support!