Mental health n logistics

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Mental health n logistics

Post by Jean » 16 Jul 2021, 09:06

I understand we have had 5 dogs and four cats and its never easy losing them

so huge hugs across the water from me

Take care

jxx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 16 Jul 2021, 11:59

I so remember the depth of our grief with each of our German Shepherds who have passed. It was different from the grief we experienced when members of our human family have passed. I don't know how to explain that.

I am glad that you are on the path of healing. You are doing a wonderful job with Buddy.

Barb

Nainbud
Pet name: Buddy
My name: Naina

Post by Nainbud » 16 Jul 2021, 12:30

Thank you so much Jean n Barb.
True the grief is unexplainable.
I had started getting healings done since the day my angel BRUNO passed away.
I don't know how God blessed us with so much strength to bear her loss but we are so much better now n love to look at her photos n videos.
The healings have had a huge impact otherwise I would have been a complete wreck.
Also the way Buddy has adjusted to everything gives me hope n inspires me to be strong each day.
Buddy has become fearful of voices,sounds n any change that happens but the shift from outside to inside has been well n she has learnt where her things are n where she isn't allowed (kitchen ) so I am glad for all of those things.
I hope everything is good with you all.
Buddy diagnosed on July 8,2020.
Currently on Pancreatic lipase 1000: 1.5 capsule for each meal.
Broth of chicken potato pumpkin supplemented with 2 eggs, banana(1/2 per day) n curd n multivitamins, each meal has atleast 350gms food n 300gms of water. She is currently at 21kgs which was her original weight. she is an active dog who loves to play.

Arielle63
State: West Virginia
Pet name: talitali
My name: Sarah

Post by Arielle63 » 27 Jul 2021, 13:29

Nainbud wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 14:04 Hi Olesia
Thank you for such a prompt reply and thank you for creating this platform to bring us all together.
Well my dog doesn't eat anything else outside as long as nobody has mistakenly thrown some eatables except her own poop. As for the muzzle I have it at home n she absolutely hates it to the core n becomes highly irritated.

Yes for the long days away from home I have planned to have someone who can look after her n her meals but I fail to think that I can have anyone who can keep a 24*7 track of her.
As for her enzymes her poop is mainly of category 2 or 3 thanks to God so I believe meilleures mutuelles France I will try the meat tenderizer to see if she stays away from her poop.

I feel Epi is a mental health roller coaster. Some days are so gloomy because of our own thoughts that I feel I need to get professional help 😭
Maybe you need to hire someone to deal exclusively with your problem.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 27 Jul 2021, 14:03

yes.... sometimes if nothing seems to be helping.... with all the little tips and tricks....... sometimes the best thing is to hire a professional.... and if that is not available to you.......maybe watch some YouTube videos on dog issues.... sometimes visually seeing a solution is easier to recreate that might help vs. reading about a possible solution.................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Nainbud

Post by Nainbud » 27 Jul 2021, 18:17

Olesia buddy is no longer eating her poop n is stable.
Infact I am happy to share that she has reached her pre epi weight. Even though the hair growth is a lil scanty n I plan to work on biotin for it . I'm thankful to this forum n epi india Ms. Abhaya n Mr. Samir who helped me throughout this journey.
Broth of chicken potato pumpkin supplemented with 2 eggs, banana(1/2 per day) n curd n multivitamins, each meal has atleast 350gms food n 300gms of water. She is currently at 21kgs which was her original weight. she is an active dog who loves to play.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 28 Jul 2021, 12:24

Thank you so much for letting us know that things have improved and that "Ms. Abhaya n Mr. Samir helped you throughout this journey." they are wonderful representative of Epi4Dogs and do a tremendous job helping those in India where sometimes, things that we, on the EPi4Dogs forum recommend, just is not available in India.... so substitutes have to be used.

SOOOOoooooo glad Buddy is doing better :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Nainbud

Post by Nainbud » 28 Jul 2021, 14:42

I am glad too.
It's a pain to see your dogs falling sick.
But seeing her bounce back so wonderfully has given me hope n strength.
May all our dogs remain healthy n happy throughout their lives

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 28 Jul 2021, 17:04

Naina, this is great news! So glad to hear from you & Buddy!---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 30 Jul 2021, 05:33

I too am glad to gear thinks have taken a really good turn, and thank our Indian friends
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx