Newly Diagnoised

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: Newly Diagnoised

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 23 Jul 2021, 11:25

Sounds good, Shawn. Piper's a lucky pup!
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 23 Jul 2021, 13:54

I give it morning meal and evening meal.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

PipersMom
State: New Jersey
Pet name: Piper
My name: Shawn

Post by PipersMom » 23 Jul 2021, 17:48

Tonight I took a little over 1/4 tsp of SE and mixed with a little water. Added to food and let rest for 30 minutes as enzymes needed to incubate. Piper ate it no problem. She usually goes right after dinner but nothing yet.
Shawn, from NJ. Piper is Chow Chow, German Shepherd, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Bluetick Coonhound, Boxer, Border Collie, and Pit. Born 8/28/19.

EPI Diagnoised
: 4/7/21 (cTLI-1.8, B-12-<150, Folate->24). Started Enzymes 4/8/21. Piper's weight dropped to 45 but was a is a steady 50lbs. Lowest weight 42lbs. As of 4/5/21 B12 was 505. As of 12/14/22 was 830
Daily Meds: PancreVed Powder with each meal, B-12 1000mg every other day, Proin 25 mg BID, Gabapentin 150mg BID, Proviable-Forte Capsule, Priolosec 20mg and Incurin .5mg. If needed: Galiprant, Cerenia, Tylan
Current Food: Homemade food by me with a vet nutritionist recipe that has added vitamins and minerals.

Tuckaboo Pam

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 24 Jul 2021, 13:23

Sounds good. Did she go last night or this morning?
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

PipersMom

Post by PipersMom » 24 Jul 2021, 15:47

Tuckaboo Pam wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 13:23 Sounds good. Did she go last night or this morning?
She actually landed up going at 7pm. She also went this morning and surprisingly early at 1:15 this afternoon. I THINK she will go again but I am not sure. I can tell you that her stool is good and a tad shiny. But not the slimy shiny but shiny. I don't know how to explain it LOL... :lol:
Shawn, from NJ. Piper is Chow Chow, German Shepherd, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Bluetick Coonhound, Boxer, Border Collie, and Pit. Born 8/28/19.

EPI Diagnoised
: 4/7/21 (cTLI-1.8, B-12-<150, Folate->24). Started Enzymes 4/8/21. Piper's weight dropped to 45 but was a is a steady 50lbs. Lowest weight 42lbs. As of 4/5/21 B12 was 505. As of 12/14/22 was 830
Daily Meds: PancreVed Powder with each meal, B-12 1000mg every other day, Proin 25 mg BID, Gabapentin 150mg BID, Proviable-Forte Capsule, Priolosec 20mg and Incurin .5mg. If needed: Galiprant, Cerenia, Tylan
Current Food: Homemade food by me with a vet nutritionist recipe that has added vitamins and minerals.

Tuckaboo Pam

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 24 Jul 2021, 20:51

Poop with Bling!

PipersMom

Post by PipersMom » 25 Jul 2021, 04:45

Tuckaboo Pam wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 20:51 Poop with Bling!

EPI Diagnoised

PipersMom

Post by PipersMom » 25 Jul 2021, 18:05

Piper had been on the SE for a couple days now but at half the recommended amount. 1/4 tsp with each meal. I am wondering if I should bump it up as she still shears to have a little something going on. I don't know if they are burps or what as she looks like she wants to and also kicks her lips at times. More at night.

Any ideas? My vet just said to give her a pepcid before bed and watch for a few days and let her know. However everyone here is so much more knowledgeable.

I feel like a pain with all my questions. Sorry about that ..

EPI Diagnoised

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 25 Jul 2021, 19:01

If it was me I would bump up to the recommended dose of SE for the weight.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

PipersMom

Post by PipersMom » 29 Jul 2021, 08:12

New Question.

Piper does great eating her food with the enzymes (they incubate 30 minutes) and the SW (a little less then 1/2 tsp). However we have been noticing that she is licking her lips and it looks and sounds as if she is trying to get a furball up. Nothing comes out but she does that. This occurs a couple hours after she eats.

Her weight has not changed and her stool is great.

What can this be? The vet in the past has said it was acid reflux and to give her a pepcid each night at bedtime. I ask you all first before making a vet appointment because this forum is more educated then my vet.

Thank you in advance.

EPI Diagnoised