wonderlab B12 and Slippery Elm

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
storm
Pet name: Storm
My name: Debbie

wonderlab B12 and Slippery Elm

Post by storm » 26 Apr 2021, 13:02

Hi I need some direction, finally got the B12, living in Canada took almost a month to get here . It says 2 tablets daily Do I do 2 once a day or one morning and night and do I empty the capsule or just give it to him in his food?
Also should I start the slippery elm now too or wait till I see some results from the B12. and if I start now do I split that up per day too or once daily ? Sorry for all the questions but want to get the best results asap.
Thank you for all help.
Deb

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: wonderlab B12 and Slippery Elm

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 26 Apr 2021, 14:41

I give one B12 a.m. & one p.m., but I'm not sure it matters. I empty the capsules & then hold onto them to use for things like Tylan occasionally.

That's a great question about starting the slippery elm, or waiting, because the rule of thumb is, only do one thing at a time. Wait a few days & add the other after you've seen your results. Until you hear otherwise from a member of the staff, maybe hold off on the slippery elm.

I can imagine how happy you are to have finally gotten the B12!---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 26 Apr 2021, 20:26

before you give two a day... what does your dog weigh.
B12 is forgiving, so you can always give more and there won't be a problem, BUT.... i kind of like to suggest how much to give based on a weight range.

Regarding the SLippery Elm, i agree with Pam... best to make one change at a time when possible........ give the B12 a week and observe if any change,,,, then include the slippery elm .

Regarding the B12 .... you an check out the entire B12 protocol page: https://epi4dogs.com/b12-protocol/ or just use this on that page (from Texas A&M Gastro Lab) as a B12 dosing guide- -just like i said, no need to be exact... just within range... and over range is better than under range.

And just to clarify... these doses are the same for mcg like what the B12 pills are that you ahve... they are 1000mcg Methylcobalamin.
Attachments
B12 Dosing.jpg
B12 Dosing.jpg (36.64 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

storm
Pet name: Storm
My name: Debbie

Post by storm » 29 Apr 2021, 08:47

His last weigh in he was 73 lbs he started the wonderlab B vit on Monday night and I see a difference in stool already more firm and formed (this has been hit and miss to this point) so will do as you suggest and start slippery elm next Monday He has no stomach noises now but does seem to have gas on occasion usually after heavy playing.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 29 Apr 2021, 22:57

Excellent...... hope the improvement continues....looking forward to hearing more good reports :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........