TLi retest

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: TLi retest

Post by Olesia711 » 28 Aug 2021, 23:13

Jennifer... i hope this helps and please do keep us posted!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Seattlelove13
State: Washington
Pet name: Juniper
My name: Jennifer

Post by Seattlelove13 » 29 Aug 2021, 01:44

Hi,
Haha no we aren't but I just googled the song!
Jennifer
Juniper is our 6 y/o GSD diagnosed with EPI in June 2021. TLI 0.9 and Cobalamin (B12) <150. Lab and U/S confirmed SIBO/SID. Lowest weight 60.6 on 6/29/2021. Currently stable/healthy weight of 74lbs :D EnzymeDiane 6x 3/4 tsp per cup. Prednisone 5mg/day. B12 supplement 1000mcg/day orally. She received a 6 week course of injections before we started. Eats Hills Prescription Digestive Care i/d and boiled chicken.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 29 Aug 2021, 11:43

this is a very interesting thread

is there any chance of you posting the actual test results here

My Kara was under the care of Liverpool Small Animal Hospital when we started off , and it was always said that the numbers would never go up , so this is mad

let us know

and I would be interested in the Donovan link
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 29 Aug 2021, 11:44

just seen it

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 29 Aug 2021, 13:24

Jennifer is going to share with her vet what the researchers said about this situation and hopefully we will learn why this happened.... but.... one of the researchers cautioned that we may never know why this happened................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 29 Aug 2021, 19:00

Jean---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCtcXDCxh7w

And now I'll stop being silly. In this world of hurricanes, wars, hunger, and poverty, sometimes you just need to let it go!

Love to all---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 31 Aug 2021, 03:33

I saw him live many moons ago in Liverpool doing this one and The Hurdy Gurdy man and many more

we need a bit of light refreshment

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

Seattlelove13

Post by Seattlelove13 » 31 Aug 2021, 20:01

Hi,
I was going to share results but am not seeing how to attach an image or pdf here...
Vet replied today and was contacting the lab. She said "Juniper sure does like to keep things interesting" which I found pretty funny. Yes, my beautiful girl sure does! Haha.
Juniper is our 6 y/o GSD diagnosed with EPI in June 2021. TLI 0.9 and Cobalamin (B12) <150. Lab and U/S confirmed SIBO/SID. Lowest weight 60.6 on 6/29/2021. Currently stable/healthy weight of 74lbs :D EnzymeDiane 6x 3/4 tsp per cup. Prednisone 5mg/day. B12 supplement 1000mcg/day orally. She received a 6 week course of injections before we started. Eats Hills Prescription Digestive Care i/d and boiled chicken.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 31 Aug 2021, 22:45

Hi Jennifer... glad you spoke to your vet about this.
To attach the test results:
hit the option below where it says "attachments"
then hit "add files"
and folders on your computer should show up... select the appropriate folder and insert the pic of document....

Seattlelove13

Post by Seattlelove13 » 16 Sep 2021, 17:45

Hi friends! Ok, so we retested the TLi and she is 2.1. So this was certainly a lab or sample error. She is definitely an EPI dog. I'm so happy we confirmed and didn't try reducing enzymes. How awful that would have been for her! Anyway, for those following my husband's thread on the SID/SIBO episode likely caused by the piece of fabric toy she ingested, wanting to share that our girl is finally stable again. Good poops, healthy appetite and good energy. Thanks for being here and a special thanks to Olesia for connecting so quickly with the researchers!