Anxiety and EPI

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
maya193
State: Rhode Island
Pet name: Maya
My name: Debbie

Re: Anxiety and EPI

Post by maya193 » 24 Nov 2021, 09:19

When Maya was first diagnosed our vet made a comment about our recent move and said that alone creates lots of stress in animals. And her weight loss etc began right around the time we started packing up our home. I didn't make the correlation at first but I think she was signalling to her experience with other clients. I will have to ask her when we see her next. I will say that my experiences so far are showing that when Maya is in her daily routine that things are more or less in balance. The minute stress comes into play (going away for weekend, change in routine, new face in the house) that there is a change in her stools. I think if we could maintain a high enough level of B-12 all of the other pieces would fall better into place. But it's the waiting to see and waiting to test -- that is the challenge. Time will tell I guess.
Maya is a belgian mal/german shep diagnosed with EPI on 10/12/21. TLI 1.2, B-12 196, Folate 4.8. Currently on Maximum K-9 raw diet, beef and vegetable, Enzyme Diane, Wonderlabs B-12 with IF, Proviable and Slippery Elm.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: Anxiety and EPI

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 24 Nov 2021, 17:04

I agree, Jean. I shared a Facebook memory from 2018 that popped up on my page, where I was musing that Tucker had stolen an apple pie from the Thanksgiving table, and could no longer be trusted. Apparently, I forgot about the trust issue, because on Christmas Eve he stole 13 cupcakes. The months that followed saw him starting to have symptoms, but it wasn't until a year later that the poo turned yellow.

It was a slow process, but I will always believe those sweets were the beginning of his EPI experience.
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.