Enzym Powder

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
kparkes
Pet name: Jessie
My name: Karen

Enzym Powder

Post by kparkes » 05 Nov 2021, 15:00

Good Evening, I am new to the group and wondered if you could help me.
I live in the UK and have been using Panzym Powder but recently every where is out of stock and I am having trouble getting it.
Is anyone using anything else that you could suggest please.
Thanks
Karen

Jane&Clyde
Pet name: Clyde
My name: Jane

Re: Enzym Powder

Post by Jane&Clyde » 05 Nov 2021, 16:59

Chemeyes is in the UK and has their own brand of enzymes. I'm in the US and haven't had any direct contact, but they are well regarded on the forum. They also have Vitamin B12 with intrinsic factor if your pup needs B12 supplementation like many EPI dogs do.

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 05 Nov 2021, 19:47

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 06 Nov 2021, 05:24

Chemeyes.co.uk for powder and capsules
vet uk for own brand concentrated pancreatic supplement enteric tablets for epi (contain 88000 units of lipase unlike their digestive powder product) . They also stock Lypex which is pricey.
After my dog refused panzym powder, she had capsules all her life.
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 06 Nov 2021, 06:11

Good morning we are also from Liverpool UK

I think I saw this on another site

We used Panzym for years and its a nuisence they seem to be having difficulties in process , but they are not alone

I have checked a couple of sites and it seems to be not available

As said Chemeyes are produced in house in Surrey so they are your best bet , Their owners are brilliant to deal with, and Suj is my friend of a long time

Let us know

maybe give us some details as to your journey
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 06 Nov 2021, 06:13

My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Floramac

Post by Floramac » 07 Nov 2021, 06:25

Found it here, cheaper, though they only have 800g - https://thepharmpetco.co.uk.
Kenzie diagnosed Sept 2015. Fed 3 times a day on Millies Wolfheart, Panzym enzymes 1+ tsp per 120grams food, 1/8 tsp tylan twice a day, altenate 1/2 b12 per day. Also on 1 previcox a day for arthritis in paws and 1 Apoquel for allergies. Diagnosed with poor heart contractibility Sept 2020, on 1 Vetmedin twice a day. 2nd heart scan March 21 shows little deterioration so appear to be working.

Latest TLI was 5.5 Previous readings have been TLI - 3.4 and 4.2.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 07 Nov 2021, 07:38

Hi, I am glad you got some good suggestions from our members all over. The shortages are concerning.

Barb

Floramac

Post by Floramac » 08 Nov 2021, 08:25

All out of stock now. Can Anyone help?
Kenzie diagnosed Sept 2015. Fed 3 times a day on Millies Wolfheart, Panzym enzymes 1+ tsp per 120grams food, 1/8 tsp tylan twice a day, altenate 1/2 b12 per day. Also on 1 previcox a day for arthritis in paws and 1 Apoquel for allergies. Diagnosed with poor heart contractibility Sept 2020, on 1 Vetmedin twice a day. 2nd heart scan March 21 shows little deterioration so appear to be working.

Latest TLI was 5.5 Previous readings have been TLI - 3.4 and 4.2.

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 08 Nov 2021, 12:49

In stock today are the capsules which you ope and sprinkle over the food, no pre-soaking. 1-2 capsules per 100gm.
https://www.chemeyes.co.uk/product/panc ... dogs-cats/
Same as the powder, just pre-measured.
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.