Forever Irregular?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Forever Irregular?

Post by Montgomery » 19 Nov 2021, 23:37

Montgomery will have predictable bowel movements for about three days at a time, and then completely change. So, lately its last thing in the evening and mid-day, but this is day two now, so if his pattern continues, he'll switch again tomorrow or Sunday. Is this normal? His mealtimes do not ever change.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Forever Irregular?

Post by Jean » 20 Nov 2021, 06:05

I trully have no idea

how old is he

J
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Nov 2021, 09:02

i don't know if Montgomery's situation is normal or not... but with EPI dogs...... some experience degrading bowel movements due to some sort of everyday stress.... it can be simply activity, someone ringing the doorbell, having too much fun or getting stressed out with a visit to the vets..... etc, etc...... so maybe Montgomery's situation is along the same lines...............
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Montgomery

Post by Montgomery » 20 Nov 2021, 11:00

What comes out of him is fairly consistent, but his timing is not. Since we're out of the house a lot, it can make things tricky. He's pretty bomb-proof, so I don't think its a stress thing. Other than karaoke and cell phones, nothing scares him, and we don't encounter those much.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Nov 2021, 12:10

then i am at a total loss....don't have a clue why this might be happening.................if you ever figure it out though, please do let us know!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 20 Nov 2021, 18:18

V---It's really nice when you can predict what they are gonna do. I know that pretty much every time I take Tuck outside, he's gonna squeeze out some poop, as if on command. Go outside, poop a little or a lot. Could M's situation be related to exercise?

I'm really just commenting because every time I see Montgomery's picture I smile because he's just so stinkin' cute in his little hoodie, and I don't think I've told you that. ---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Montgomery

Post by Montgomery » 21 Nov 2021, 00:04

His exercise is unpredictable. Sometimes he sleeps all day, and sometimes - like tonight - he has mad zoomies. He likes to shoot marbles and slot balls. Today he slept most of the day. He had two bowel movements, both before six, which was unusual. We got home from work, he ate, had his B12 shot, and then he ran all over the place, up and down the scratch post and across the wall units, whacked his slot ball around, chewed a cardboard box, and then passed out in his cube. He didn't get up again until his last meal before bedtime, and when I left him, he was in his bed with his hot water bottle sawing logs.
When I know he needs to go, I can put him in the litter box and ask him to go, but it can take a lot of putting him back in there and repeating the request. When he needs to go, he can get gassy, restless, and a bit crabby. When he's gone, he's good for a couple hours of napping at least. Good, solid napping with cat snores.
Thank you - I'll pass on your compliment to the little hairball. He's getting a rather large head.