EPI Dog allergies getting worse?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
mkazin
State: California
Pet name: Scottie
My name: Maia

Re: EPI Dog allergies getting worse?

Post by mkazin » 12 Jan 2022, 22:29

Update- we've started to wash Scottie's paws in baking soda and water after her walks, and it's absolutely made a difference. Thank you! Have decided not to try pumpkin yet, as she's been eating really well and we're nervous to throw that off in any way. But we may try in the future, and for now we'll keep getting her glands expressed. Thanks!!!!!!

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: EPI Dog allergies getting worse?

Post by Olesia711 » 12 Jan 2022, 23:14

SO glad to hear that the baking soda is helping.
I know it helped my dog with her itchy paws ... that she liked to chew raw!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........