Enzyme Diane concern with increased cost

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Enzyme Diane concern with increased cost

Post by Jean » 17 Jan 2022, 12:13

i am in for this'
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 17 Jan 2022, 12:40

Go JEAN!!!!
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 17 Jan 2022, 13:22

Thanks Pam

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

patrickfatrick
State: Washington
Pet name: Oliver
My name: Patrick

Post by patrickfatrick » 17 Jan 2022, 17:11

Tuckaboo Pam wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 14:46 Hey Everyone---At this time, Amazon has 17 jars of BioCase left. I have no idea how much stock Diane has, but I wanted to let you all know that Amazon is running low. --- Pam
Walmart PetRx has 2.2lb (1kg) jars of Bio Case PLUS for $200, or $180 with autoship. Since we also use Pet Factor B-12 I figured this was definitely worth a shot when we run out of our current batch of Enzyme Diane and pulled the trigger. We've used Bio Case before so I know it's a good product.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 17 Jan 2022, 20:11

jean... if you are in... then Epi4Dogs is behind you all the way :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 18 Jan 2022, 06:14

I will certainly give it a go

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

maya193
State: Rhode Island
Pet name: Maya
My name: Debbie

Post by maya193 » 18 Jan 2022, 16:48

Pantenex info for those who want to know: Spoke to a very nice guy today in quality control named Joe. Inquired about how their product is sourced. Although it comes to the US via Germany, glands are only sourced from EU countries as they follow GMP guidelines. China used to be a big supplier of glands however due to a "recent" outbreak in China they can no longer source them and had to destroy animal populations there. SO, according to Joe that is the reason why the price of enzymes has gone up recently because China is now sourcing from other countries and the US is following suit in raising prices. So hopefully this sheds a little light to the goings-on in enzyme land....
Maya is a belgian mal/german shep diagnosed with EPI on 10/12/21. TLI 1.2, B-12 196, Folate 4.8. Currently on Maximum K-9 raw diet, beef and vegetable, Enzyme Diane, Wonderlabs B-12 with IF, Proviable and Slippery Elm.

Jane&Clyde
Pet name: Clyde
My name: Jane

Post by Jane&Clyde » 18 Jan 2022, 18:32

Debbie, thank you so much for the information about Pantenex!

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 18 Jan 2022, 22:53

Thank you Debbie... that is great information and gives us the background on what is going on with the enzymes.........greatly appreciated... although this not good for those of us who depend on pig pancreas glands for enzymes for our sick dogs...........
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

maya193
State: Rhode Island
Pet name: Maya
My name: Debbie

Post by maya193 » 19 Jan 2022, 09:30

You are welcome! I remind myself that although yes Diane's prices have increased it could be worse....I remember when I was paying $360 for 12oz of RX enzymes....yikes....So I try to put things in perspective. Still not easy and frightening.
Maya is a belgian mal/german shep diagnosed with EPI on 10/12/21. TLI 1.2, B-12 196, Folate 4.8. Currently on Maximum K-9 raw diet, beef and vegetable, Enzyme Diane, Wonderlabs B-12 with IF, Proviable and Slippery Elm.