Enzyme Diane concern with increased cost

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
arlenetickner
Pet name: Nina
My name: Arlene Tickner

Enzyme Diane concern with increased cost

Post by arlenetickner » 14 Jan 2022, 18:38

Dear Forum members,
If like me, you just received an email from Enzyme Diane notifying you of the raise in the cost of the enzymes that many of us depend on to keep our EPI companions alive, you too are probably asking yourselves how you will afford the very significant increase in prices. As someone who lives outside the United States and earns her salary in a highly devaluated currency, I would appreciate any thoughts that come to mind.
In solidarity,
Arlene

patrickfatrick
State: Washington
Pet name: Oliver
My name: Patrick

Re: Enzyme Diane concern with increased cost

Post by patrickfatrick » 14 Jan 2022, 19:12

Yep, ouch. Looked back through receipts and back in 2019 1kg of 8x was $176! FWIW 1kg of BioCase is now a little cheaper on Amazon than Enzyme Diane 6x (which is kinda crazy since it defeats the whole purpose of Ezyme Diane). Considering switching.

Jane&Clyde
Pet name: Clyde
My name: Jane

Post by Jane&Clyde » 14 Jan 2022, 21:03

I realize that Diane has been a friend of this forum for a long time, and I have happily placed orders with her. However, with this latest price increase, she has lost a customer (at least for now...I would happily switch back if prices dropped). I saw the e-mail and immediately placed an order with Pantenex. Their current price for a kilo is $200 including shipping, while Diane's is $269 plus shipping. Please note that if you use Pantenex (Pantenexdogenzymes.com), their enzymes are labeled "10x". However, they are approximately the same strength as Diane's 6x. They are NOT stronger than her 6x or 8x products. I have used Pantenex enzymes, and they are a quality product.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 15 Jan 2022, 08:38

i know this is so disheartening regarding the increase in enzyme prices with Enzyme Diane..... but..... she has faithfully served the EPI community with honesty and integrity over many years... 14 years if memory serves me correctly.

There is a shortage of pig pancreas glands.... the industry everywhere is having a shortage. The less expensive prices you are currently seeing with other products are from (1) previously purchased USDA raw materials (2) previously purchased raw materials from China .

Diane purchases her enzymes only from USDA sources in the USA...... some others do not.

I hope that availability of the porcine pancreas glands improve/increase sooner rather than later, because if not, once all the existing stockpiles are depleted, enzyme prices will sky-rocket everywhere.

I am very sad about this, as we all depend on affordable enzymes to treat our dogs with, but i am thankful that Enzyme Diane was willing to share with us what is going on behind the scenes giving us a heads up

In the meantime, it is your choice to either stay with Enzyme Diane, seek out other sources, or do whatever works best for you at this time. These are trying times for everyone ……..
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 15 Jan 2022, 09:02

I feel your pain Arlene :|

Nikki is on Pan-Tenex and I just ordered some more because I'm sure prices will go up. Not sure what to tell you because things in this country are only going to get worse. Many pets will suffer because people won't be able to afford food/meds/medical care.

Take a look at Walmart PetRx to see if they have any enzymes that are cheaper, they carry several brands. When you select Auto-Ship it will usually give you the best price. Here is just an example but they carry more enzymes than just these, just do a search. https://www.walmartpetrx.com/search.asp ... sufficency
Never mind just saw that you don't live in the United States :( I'm going to leave it so it may help other members.

The really upsetting part is that this didn't have to happen.

Take care,
Michaela

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 15 Jan 2022, 10:13

Diane is part of this world, an important part of Tucker's life, and she has to work within the parameters of the current economy. At Publix this week, an entire section of the dairy case was empty, so here we go again. Better stock up on toilet paper.

The price increase is better than no enzymes, which would be a true nightmare. I won't be surprised to see other suppliers, with more backup inventory, be forced to raise their prices down the road. She is still much cheaper than what my vet was charging me three years ago. Best wishes to all of you, but I remain faithfully on Team Diane. --- Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

patrickfatrick
State: Washington
Pet name: Oliver
My name: Patrick

Post by patrickfatrick » 15 Jan 2022, 13:43

Jane&Clyde wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 21:03 I realize that Diane has been a friend of this forum for a long time, and I have happily placed orders with her. However, with this latest price increase, she has lost a customer (at least for now...I would happily switch back if prices dropped). I saw the e-mail and immediately placed an order with Pantenex. Their current price for a kilo is $200 including shipping, while Diane's is $269 plus shipping. Please note that if you use Pantenex (Pantenexdogenzymes.com), their enzymes are labeled "10x". However, they are approximately the same strength as Diane's 6x. They are NOT stronger than her 6x or 8x products. I have used Pantenex enzymes, and they are a quality product.
This is a great tip, hadn't heard on Pan-tenex before. Will research it some more before trying it out but looks promising.
Tuckaboo Pam wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 10:13 Diane is part of this world, an important part of Tucker's life, and she has to work within the parameters of the current economy. At Publix this week, an entire section of the dairy case was empty, so here we go again. Better stock up on toilet paper.

The price increase is better than no enzymes, which would be a true nightmare. I won't be surprised to see other suppliers, with more backup inventory, be forced to raise their prices down the road. She is still much cheaper than what my vet was charging me three years ago. Best wishes to all of you, but I remain faithfully on Team Diane. --- Pam
I understand this and definitely appreciate Enzyme Diane's contribution to the EPI community. But their stated goal is to provide a less expensive alternative and currently it isn't that. Maybe other suppliers just have yet to raise their own prices given market constraints. If we do switch to something else we will happily switch back to Enzyme Diane when her prices are competitive again.

maya193
State: Rhode Island
Pet name: Maya
My name: Debbie

Post by maya193 » 15 Jan 2022, 14:09

Question about Pantenex....Do they source from Germany and distribute from the US? I'm confused because I noticed a comment on their website and label and was just looking to see if anyone could clarify. Thanks much! "Product of Germany, packaged in the USA"......
Maya is a belgian mal/german shep diagnosed with EPI on 10/12/21. TLI 1.2, B-12 196, Folate 4.8. Currently on Maximum K-9 raw diet, beef and vegetable, Enzyme Diane, Wonderlabs B-12 with IF, Proviable and Slippery Elm.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 15 Jan 2022, 14:46

Hey Everyone---At this time, Amazon has 17 jars of BioCase left. I have no idea how much stock Diane has, but I wanted to let you all know that Amazon is running low. --- Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 15 Jan 2022, 19:38

"Question about Pantenex....Do they source from Germany and distribute from the US? I'm confused because I noticed a comment on their website and label and was just looking to see if anyone could clarify. Thanks much! "Product of Germany, packaged in the USA"......

Yes, Pantenex source from Germany but the bigger question is where does Germany get THEIR raw pig glands from........................

And yes, that is correct.... Pantenex is packaged in the USA. There are many companies (across the board) that do this..... this is not uncommon.......where a product is processed in one country and yet packaged in another country....
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........