Off Topic.....plea

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Off Topic.....plea

Post by Olesia711 » 17 Jan 2022, 22:42

DOUG HOUSE IS THE ADMIN FOR THE EXOCRINE PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY IN DOGS FACEBOOK PAGE......
OVER THE YEARS, DOUG'S EPI FACEBOOK PAGE HAS HELPED MANY, MANY PEOPLE AND EVEN THOUGH NOT PART OF EPI4DOGS- -HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GRACIOUS TO OUR ORGANIZATION, SO MUCH SO THAT I FELT IN HIS TIME OF NEED, WE CAN NOW BE THERE FOR HIM.

.... SO EVEN THOUGH THE FOLLOWING IS NOT EPI RELATED, BECAUSE OF THE EPI CONNECTION, I FELT SHARING THIS POST, A REQUEST TO HELPS DOUG'S AMBULANCE SERVICE IN THE BC WOULD BE OKAY TO POST ON OUR SITE:

On Doug's Face Book Page: Doug House EPI - Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency in Dogs (Original)
January 15 at 4:34 PM ·
Friends, I hate doing this. I am a prideful man who hates to ask for help. But my small business has been seriously affected recently by a criminal act and we are uninsured. As founder of this page, I have turmoiled over whether or not to use the page for my own purposes. Sadly, I’m out of options. Would you help me by sharing this fundraiser and, if you can, contribute a little, my team and I will be very grateful.
If my posting this to this group offends you, I apologize. It’s just a way for me to get the message to 8,500 people quickly.

To donate https://www.gofundme.com/f/paramedics-n ... e=customer

Doug House is organizing this fundraiser.
Created 2 days ago

Accidents & Emergencies
We are MedTech, a small private ambulance service which provides emergency medical services for special events. We provide our services at a lower rate than our government service and, for community events, often donate our services, especially for youth sport.

Covid19 has been disastrous for us as event after event cancelled due to Public Health Orders. We barely managed to keep our heads above water, but we did. We are proud of that. Then disaster struck.

On December 4, 2021, thieves used a rock to smash the passenger window of one of our ambulances and gain entry to the front seat area. From there, they stole two Icom portable two way radios and chargers. They then used the interior electric door switch to gain access to the rear patient compartment. There, they stole a Pelican BLS kit, Pelican ALS kit, IO drill kit and. Zoll “M” 12-lead monitor defibrillator. If the monitor is replaced with a reconditioned bio-Med certified used one, total value of the loss is about $15,000.00-$20,000.00.

Many will ask “Aren’t you insured?”. Sadly, the answer is “no”. You see, this is our third such break-in. After the second one, our insurers declined coverage for break-ins. Our insurance agent was not able to find another provider to cover us, even at high cost.

This matter has been reported to the Surrey RCMP and assigned file number 21-184620.

Funds are low, having had such reduced business for over 1.5 years due to Covid. We respectfully request your assistance in any amount you can to replace this equipment. Anything will help. Any funds collected over the requested amount will be used to purchase additional equipment. You can also help by sharing this fund-raiser with your friends on social media.

On behalf of our team of dedicated Paramedics, thank you for your consideration. Have a safe day!
Attachments
ambulance.jpg
ambulance.jpg (68.45 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Off Topic.....plea

Post by jilbert57 » 20 Jan 2022, 19:35

Gosh I am just now seeing this. Will surely help. How awful.
Thanks for posting!
Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Jan 2022, 22:26

thanks Jill.... I know this is issue is not EPI related, but it is Doug House's small ambulance service and Doug runs another EPI FB page and has helped many, MANY people struggling with EPI... so i hope this reaches others and that maybe they can "pay it forward" a bit................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 21 Jan 2022, 10:43

I was confused because your post said he was in the Uk, with a photo of a left hand drive ambulance! Now I’ve read it again, he’s in Surrey BC, not Surrey , England!
I’ve looked at the Facebook page, and he is indeed a great supporter of epi. What a shame the ambulance has been trashed by morons.
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 21 Jan 2022, 11:29

oh gosh... HUGS mistake on my part, thanks for catching that Patsy. I will go in and fix my original post............

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 21 Jan 2022, 11:30

in the meantime.... i do hope folks come thru for him, like he has come thru for many EPI folks.................