Urgent Help with managment of SID

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Urgent Help with managment of SID

Post by Olesia711 » 19 Jan 2022, 13:03

Paola,

We actually have an EPI Brochure for people living in COlumbia.... please go to this page
https://epi4dogs.com/epi-quick-guides-outside-usa/
and scroll down to :
EPI Management in Columbia, South America
Attachments
Filo.jpg
Filo.jpg (76.54 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
Filo.jpg
Filo.jpg (76.54 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 19 Jan 2022, 13:04

In Columbia.... here are some resources:

3. For SIBO you need Tylosina powder/200 mg capsules. Agrocampo sells it. Flagyl will also work. (Hopefully Agrocampo still sells Tylosin 200mg capsules!). Elanco does not import Tylan to Colombia .

4. There is a vet on Bogota, Columbia, Dr Diego Ordoñezf. He was at UNal Clinica para Animales Pequeños. He is a very good and knowledgeable vet. His email is cpadaordenezf@gmail.com

5. For B12 you can buy injectable from any pharmacy. I use hidroxicobalamina
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Paola Guzman
State: *
Pet name: Patacon
My name: Paola

Post by Paola Guzman » 23 Jan 2022, 08:45

Hi Olesia,

I read the brochure for Colombia and Agrocampo doesn't sell Tylon. I also try to email the vet and it is a wrong email :(. I will try to find him since I found the place where he works.

Thanks for your help

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 23 Jan 2022, 19:54

thanks for letting me know that the email is wrong.... if you do get the correct email or any contact information, please let me know so that i may update the information.
Also... if you do find where Tylan (Tylosin Tartrate soluble powder) might be available... again.... please let me know.

If you cannot get any Tylosin... then ask your vet if they can get Oxytetracycline antibiotic. IN the UK.... there is a product called Oxytet.... not sure if something similar is in Columbia.

arlenetickner
Pet name: Nina
My name: Arlene Tickner

Post by arlenetickner » 25 Jan 2022, 13:56

Hola Paola! I just wrote you an email offering as much help as I can with managing this problem in Colombia. Please write me directly and I would be happy to pay back all of the extraordinary support that I have received from Epi4Dogs.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 25 Jan 2022, 14:43

Arlene.... thank you Thank You THANK YOU for reaching out to Paola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you can email me (olesia.kennedy@gmail.com) with any new/updated resources for Vets that understand EPI and/or where one could access tylan antibiotic powder.... please, PLEASE let me know so that i can update the information on this site.

I really appreciate this!