Trouble finding Bio Case lately

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
KarmaJean
State: Ohio
Pet name: Karma Jean
My name: Jim

Trouble finding Bio Case lately

Post by KarmaJean » 04 May 2022, 09:54

Hello all! Thanks for letting us join. We are the parents of a 6 y/o female GSD, Karma Jean. She was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 6 months of age and EPI at 1 year old. We jokingly call her our million dollar pup after two hip surgeries and the ongoing EPI issue. We have been feeding raw beef pancreas and Bio Case powder with her kibble, since the very beginning of this journey and she has done wonderfully on the combination. Firm stools and pretty steady weight, running between 85 to 90 lbs. We have a very steady supplier for the beef pancreas. My issue today is locating the 2.2lb cans of Bio Case, or any size for that matter! Like most everything, the price has sky rocketed over the past year, but today I am finding it difficult if not impossible to locate a source, let alone the 2.2lb cans.
My question is, what other options have you folks found to be as effective as the powder we are currently using and at what costs? The can I just ordered was 350.00 USD(more than doubled in price!) and was the ONLY place I could find that had any in stock, regardless of container size.

Thanks and looking forward to your responses.

maya193
State: Rhode Island
Pet name: Maya
My name: Debbie

Re: Trouble finding Bio Case lately

Post by maya193 » 04 May 2022, 10:48

Hi there. BioCase+ is currently available at chewy.com. I got a notice from Thomas Labs (makers of BioCase) that they were going out of business. Have you tried Enzyme Diane? A great product, made in the US and much less $ than Rx enzymes. Just a thought! :)
Maya is a belgian mal/german shep diagnosed with EPI on 10/12/21. TLI 1.2, B-12 196, Folate 4.8. Currently on Maximum K-9 raw diet, beef and vegetable, Enzyme Diane, Wonderlabs B-12 with IF, Proviable and Slippery Elm.

KarmaJean

Post by KarmaJean » 04 May 2022, 11:29

Thank you VERY much for the recommendation!! I had never heard of Enzyme Diane and also did not know that Bio-Case was shutting down. I have a call in to our Vet to get his opinion on doses and such for when we switch her over. This really bothers me because she has done so well on the regimen we have her on now. Again, thank you very very much!!

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 05 May 2022, 09:11

Hi Jim,

Yes, Biocase was a very good product. Problem now is that the porcine enzymes are hard to access.

The 6x EnzymeDiane enzyme https://enzymediane.com/ is equivalent to Biocase and all the other prescription porcine enzymes.... so the ratio (to start with) is 1 level tsp per 1 cup of food (if using kibble)... if using wet food (canned/home-made, raw, etc) then you start with a lesser amount, usually 1/2 tsp to 3/4 tsp of enzymes per cup of wet food.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

KarmaJean

Post by KarmaJean » 05 May 2022, 13:50

Had wonderful and very informative phone call with Enzyme Diana. Her 6x is a perfect match for the Bio Case. I felt so confident after chatting with her that I ordered a 1 kilo package. Very nice lady and very free with information!

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 05 May 2022, 14:25

her products are equal to the prescription products and the cost savings is a life saver... i know for us it was. After my 1st bottle of prescription enzymes .. and my husband telling me that we wouldn't be able to afford these enzymes for the life of the dog :( .... i switched to EnzymeDiane's enzymes and my dog was on her enzymes for almost 14 years!!! My dog di fantastic on her 6x and EnzymeDiane customer service is beyond the best !!!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 05 May 2022, 16:36

My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 05 May 2022, 16:48

Jean... if you click on the link... it says it is "No Longer Available" :(

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 06 May 2022, 04:10

I know , its what it says on the link, is there a reason for this
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

KarmaJean

Post by KarmaJean » 06 May 2022, 07:05

Thomas Labs, the makers of Bio Case, is going out of business. Hence no more supply.