Transition Enzymes?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
kholzer
State: Ohio
Pet name: Oliver
My name: Kat

Transition Enzymes?

Post by kholzer » 12 May 2022, 03:38

Hi all!
Thank you for all of your start up tips ot was all super helpful for us. Oliver’s poop is finally formed and normal! Weight is up and I can for the first time in a year say I can’t feel his hip bones anymore. I am currently using the PancrePlus enzyme which is running about 180$ a month from Chewy. I am thinking of swapping to Enzyme Diane, would I need to slowly swap him over? Or do I just completely switch him one day?
Thank you again!

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Transition Enzymes?

Post by jilbert57 » 12 May 2022, 08:48

Hi Kat. Oliver is on his way to becoming a member of the Chunky Monkey Club! That is great to hear.
If you want to mix half and half for a few days you can but they sjould be pretty interchangeable. Call Diane and talk to her. She has a lot of tips and information on her site. Look at the strength of the PancrePlus and the strength of Dianes for comparison. You would probably want the 6x.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Obie426
Pet name: Chase
My name: Diana

Post by Obie426 » 12 May 2022, 11:05

Hi Kat

I am switching Chase to Enzyme Diane 6x from Pank Aid today. When I bought it I contacted Diane and she did suggest starting with the same dose and go from there. We will know pretty quickly if the dose needs to be adjusted. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 12 May 2022, 11:10

when i switched from prescription enzymes to EnzymeDiane 6x... i switched over all at once... however.... giving Diane a call to see what she has to say or doing what Jill suggested... switch with 50% and work your way up to a full dose also sounds like a very good suggestion.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

kholzer
State: Ohio
Pet name: Oliver
My name: Kat

Post by kholzer » 12 May 2022, 17:28

Thank you everyone! I will give her a call. I weighed him this morning and he’s almost back to his original weight 😍 turns out the vet thinks he could stand to be 5# above his OG weight since he’s always been on the string bean side

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 12 May 2022, 19:05

WOW... that is great news on the weight gain :)

I am sure the enzyme transfer will work out just fine :)

But do keep us posted!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........