Success! Roxanne is getting adopted!

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
ed7385
State: Texas

Success! Roxanne is getting adopted!

Post by ed7385 » 22 Oct 2018, 16:44

I'm so excited and wanted to thank everyone for helping me with my foster dog Roxanne. She is up TEN pounds, and nearly at her goal weight (at 65lbs right, she could gain a few more, but she looks fantastic compared to her 52 lbs when she was pulled from the shelter!)

And the best news of all, she has an adopter! He was not scared by the EPI at all, and the rescue is starting him with a good supply from enzyme diane :)

Yay!

Now, I have another dog with EPI in the rescue who we haven't quite figured out. I may be back to ask the experts about him :)
Roxanne, foster dog extraordinaire, GSD/malinois mix (Lord help me with the high energy)
Diagnosed 6/18, new to foster home 9/18 and let the treatment begin
PancreaPowder Plus 2tsp, 3x/day mixed with 2 cups Victor, weekly b12 injections, metronidazole

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Re: Success! Roxanne is getting adopted!

Post by Barb » 22 Oct 2018, 17:11

That is wonderful news! Woohoo! So glad to hear it. She deserves a loving, caring home.
Thank you for all you do for these pups!

Barb

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 22 Oct 2018, 19:16

WAHOO!!!!! This is fantastic news!!!! WOW! Biggest congrats to Roxanne and her new forever home.
Please be sure to give the new parents our website and forum address and encourage them to keep in touch with us regarding Roxanne.

And a HUGE thank you to YOU for giving her such awesome care :) and to EnzymeDiane for supplying enzymes to help the new family out with the adoption.

Simply wonderful news.

And sure, ask any question you might have regarding the new EPI pup.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 24 Oct 2018, 14:10

Happy Gotcha Day Roxanne!!! This is WONDERFUL.

Thank YOU so much for fostering her and helping her get healthy so she could find her forever home. And holy cow, you have another EPI dog at the shelter - so sad to think of these special pups in a shelter. Hopefully you can get it figured out and please know that we are always here to help.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 25 Oct 2018, 04:23

hi there I am so pleased 10 piunds up, and ready to start a new era, if you can, please introduce the new owner to us

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

worriedparents

Post by worriedparents » 25 Oct 2018, 15:01

YAY!! Congrats on Roxanne's adoption. It's wonderful she was saved from the shelter, properly diagnosed, is recovering well and now has a new home.
Adopted Finn 4 years ago. He's 7 maybe 8 years old? Reoccurring diarrhea, picky eater and loss of appetite from day 1. Low B12 causing hind-end weakness in July 2017. B12 injections didn't help his appetite, diarrhea or energy like we thought they should have. I found this wonderful forum and learned about EPI, which he doesn’t have, and SIBO/SID which he does have. On Tylosin and B12 pills with intrinsic factor long-term. Blood clot in his left femoral artery in July 2018, which Clopidogrel and Xareltro helped clear up, also long-term. Latest problems since fall 2018 are food sensitivities and (misdiagnosed) UTI causing incontinence.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 26 Oct 2018, 06:51

AND, we are here for you with the new dog with EPI

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Devika
Staff

Post by Devika » 26 Oct 2018, 07:06

Great news on the adoption and on the weight gain! Fabulous to hear!
Mahi, the Indian EPI dog, was symptomatically diagnosed with EPI in 2009, when she was 1 and a half years old. We come from a small town in India where no one had ever heard of EPI - many thanks to the angels at EPI4dogs for working with me and encouraging me to find EPI resources here in India.

Combination of grain-free dog food and home cooked diet, root vegetables, lauki (bottle gourd) carrots, beetroot, sabudana(tapioca) eggs - boiled and mashed - divided into three equal meals. One Creon 25k tablet given 20 mins before every meal. Tylan twice a day. Bi monthly B12 injections.

Down to 19 kgs at her lowest, now a bright, active 10 year old EPI survivor weighs 30 kgs.

Shirl D.
Staff
State: New York

Post by Shirl D. » 26 Oct 2018, 08:44

Wonderful news! Thanks so much for all you've done for Roxanne! Hopefully her adopters will join us so we can see how well she's doing.

Kodis Mom
Staff
State: Washington

Post by Kodis Mom » 26 Oct 2018, 09:27

Yeah Roxanne ! Congratulations and thank you for helping her. Hopefully her new parents will keep us informed .
Kodi
B. 8/19/2010 Diagnosed at 11 months.
Kodi is now on Natures Logic turkey and/or pork kibble, 2 cups with 2 teaspoons of enzymes, 1/8 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1/16 teaspoon of cinnamon and ground fennel seed (for tummy upsets) twice a day, plus one one B12 capsule from Wonderlabs. She has been very stable and on occasion needs a dose ofTylan.
She is our second GSD with EPI. It was not so scary this time ! And thank goodness for epi4dogs.com ! 💝 Kodi passed on August 25, 2023 just after her 13th birthday.💝 Forever grateful to Olesia and epi4dogs. She live a long and adventurous life with EPI.