Dog Food Recall

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Dog Food Recall

Post by Jean » 26 Oct 2018, 03:17

Hellio All,

This was brought to my attention and its a heads up

no opinion is that of EPI4DOGS

Thanks for reading

Jean

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dog Food Advisor

G & C Dog and Cat Food Recall Expands to Include Multiple Brands

October 24, 2018 — G & C Raw of Versailles, Ohio, is recalling all products lots manufactured from February 27, 2018 through July 20, 2018, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

Affected products are sold under the brand names G & C Raw Dog Food and G & C Raw Cat Food and sold through direct distribution to customers.
Product Image

No product images have been provided by either the company or the Food and Drug Administration.
About Listeria

Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in animals eating the products.

Furthermore, there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.

Healthy people infected with Listeria monocytogenes should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, aches, fever, and diarrhea.

Listeria monocytogenes infections can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.

Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.

Pets with Listeria monocytogenes infections are rare, and pets may display symptoms such as mild to severe diarrhea, anorexia, fever, nervous, muscular and respiratory signs, abortion, depression, shock, and death.

In addition to the possibility of becoming sick, such infected animals can shed Listeria monocytogenes through their feces onto their coats and into the home environment and thus serve as sources of infection to humans and other animals in the household.

If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
Where Was Product Distributed?

Recalled products were distributed by direct delivery and may have been sent to the following states:

Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Michigan
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Tennessee

What’s Being Recalled?

The manufacture dates are included at the end of the lot number.

For example, the pet food product manufactured on February 27, 2018 has a lot code of that ends with 022718.

The company is now recalling all products with lot numbers that end in 022718 through 072018.

The recalled dog food products include:

Beef Veggie Mix Dog Food
Ground Beef Dog Food
Sliced Beef Heart Dog Food
Ground Beef Heart Dog Food
Kim’s Special Beef Organ Dog Food
Ground Chicken Dog Food
Chicken Veggie Mix Dog Food
Chicken Mix Patties Dog Food
Duck Veggie Mix Dog Food
Ground Duck Dog Food
Ground Rabbit Dog Food
Rabbit Veggie Mix Dog Food
Ground Lamb Dog Food
Lamb Veggie Mix Dog Food
Ground Beef Pancreas Dog Food
Beef Liver Chunks Dog Food
Beef Sweet Breads Dog Food
Ground Pork Dog Food
Pork Veggie Mix Dog Food
Shelby’s Pork Organ Mix Dog Food
Ground Pollock Dog Food
Turkey Veggie Mix Dog Food
Ground Turkey Dog Food
Tripe Dog Food

The recalled cat food products include:

Pat’s Cat Beef
Pat’s Cat Chicken
Pat’s Cat Turkey
Pat’s Cat Duck
Pat’s Cat Rabbit

No confirmed illnesses have been reported to date.
What Caused the Recall?

The recall was initiated as the result of a routine sampling program by the Ohio Department of Agriculture which revealed that some finished products contained the bacteria.
What to Do?

Consumers who have purchased the products are urged to return them to G & C Raw, 225 N. West Street, Versailles, OH, for a full refund.

Consumers with questions may contact G & C Raw at 937-827-0010 from 9 to 5 pm Easter Time or by email at mgcrawdogfood@yahoo.com.

U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area.

Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.

Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
Get Dog Food Recall Alerts by Email

Get free dog food recall alerts sent to you by email. Subscribe to The Dog Food Advisor’s emergency recall notification system.
Free Recall Alerts
Get Dog Food Recall Alerts
Sent to You by Email
Click Here to Sign Up Now

Get Free Recall Alerts
Best Dog Foods
Best Puppy Foods
Best Large Breed
Puppy Foods
Dog Food Reviews
Brands A to Z
Dry Dog Foods
Wet Dog Foods
Raw Dog Foods
Dog Food Recalls
Dog Food Calculator
New or Updated Reviews

Where to Buy?

Shop at an Online Retailer
Get 30% Off + Free Shipping

Featured Pages

An Insider's Guide to Finding Superior Dog Food Brands
FDA Investigating Potential Link Between Diet and Heart Disease in Dogs

G & C Dog and Cat Food Recall Expands to Include Multiple Brands
Freshpet Dog Food (Brand Summary)
Sport Dog Food Active Series (Dry)
Only Natural Pet RawNibs (Freeze-Dried)

Copyright © 2018 Dog Food Advisor All Rights Reserved
Get Free Dog Food Recall Alerts
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Shirl D.
Staff
State: New York

Re: Dog Food Recall

Post by Shirl D. » 26 Oct 2018, 08:45

Thanks for the heads up, Jean. Recalls are always scary things.

Stacie & Dizzy
Staff
State: Arkansas

Post by Stacie & Dizzy » 26 Oct 2018, 15:45

Thank you for the information. I just cringe every time I see dog food recall.
My name is Stacie and my girl's name is Dizzy. German Shepherd, Age 10-diagnosed 12/24/2011 at 55 pounds, current weight is 93 pounds.
Feeding Taste of the Wild 4 cups a day with Enzyme Diane 1tsp per cup. Wonderlabs b12 once daily.
Dizzy has Pannus, given Cyclosporine drops in each eye twice daily. Pepcid once daily. Apoquel for allergies once daily.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 26 Oct 2018, 20:40

Thank you Jean for sharing this important information!
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 24 Aug 2020, 13:56

Thank you, Jean, for this information.

Barb