Looking to Re-home

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
AliciaBoyd
State: Missouri

Looking to Re-home

Post by AliciaBoyd » 07 Mar 2019, 15:53

Hi,

I need help finding a new home for our boy.

Lucky, is a 2 year old male. He was diagnosed with EPI before his 1st birthday. Currently, we use powder enzymes to treat his condition, which has been successful. He eats Royal Canin for German Shepherds. Lucky, has been around children his entire life, and enjoys playing with them. Regarding his temperament, he has been around other dogs and had no issues. There has not been interaction with other animals, such as cats. Lucky, is high energy, playful, and likes to bark when he’s outside. He is the perfect fit for a family, or someone who needs a companion. We need to re-home simply because of the financial strain, and not being able to give him the attention he deserves. We are located in Missouri and I can not find any resources to help.
Attachments
F34AD7A1-2297-410A-BC50-3D1D5E9E3675.jpeg
F34AD7A1-2297-410A-BC50-3D1D5E9E3675.jpeg (4.25 MiB) Viewed 3894 times

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Looking to Re-home

Post by Jean » 08 Mar 2019, 04:14

hello there

i really feel for you, its a hard decision

what enzymes are you using

i will ask for this to be put on our FB page

j
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 08 Mar 2019, 07:40

Hi Alicia. Thank you for reaching out. I posted Lucky on our FaceBook page. Hopefully someone will reach out to you.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

AliciaBoyd
State: Missouri

Post by AliciaBoyd » 08 Mar 2019, 11:56

It is really hard. Makes me sick to even think about giving him up. I appreciate your help.

TerryBin
Staff
State: Washington

Post by TerryBin » 08 Mar 2019, 12:44

He is beautiful. Looks like he is doing well. Are you using EnzymeDiane's enzymes. They are generic powder and costs quite a bit less than what you get through your vet....and effective. Many dogs here are on her enzymes. Would help with the financial strain and possibly help with the re-home if people see it is a lesser cost.
Currently 2 Shiloh Shepherd Pups! Two Shilohs that passed over the Rainbow Bridge.
Taiko was born 6 September 2006 and had EPI; she passed over the Rainbow Bridge 10 April 2019 NOT EPI-related.
Pharaoh born 24 November 2007 and had EPI. He passed September 2020 NOT EPI-related.
Moku born 15 April 2014 and was dx with EPI in January 2019.
Hoshi born 6 July 2019 and does not have EPI
Taiko and Pharaoh were half siblings through their sire; their sire is Moku's grandfather through his Mom. Moku and Hoshi have the same sire.
Moku uses PancreaPlus tablets and receives weekly B12 shots at home.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 08 Mar 2019, 13:45

good point Terry

its why I asked what enzymes she is using

thank you

jx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Paige's Guardian
State: Arizona

Post by Paige's Guardian » 09 Mar 2019, 16:54

My Great Dane has to have enzymes. I could not do it financially without Enzyme Diane. Not at all. So glad, since she is such a great dog. No behavior issues. Just amazing.

Hope that Lucky finds a great home. I saw the posting on FB.
Paige's Guardian (Conny)

Paige, 8-year old Great Dane.

Dx: Malabsorption at age 9 months of age. Low Folate. On plant enzymes for 1.5 years. Experienced bloat 2x and Pancreatitis. Switched to Enzyme Diane. TLI tested but never low. Diarrhea when off enzymes.
06/2019--cPL <50 (normal) SID-Tylan 3/8 tsp 2x/day. 1 tsp Pancreatin 6x per meal. Royal Canon Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Food