Olesia Kennedy's Birthday today

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Ayasha
State: Michigan

Olesia Kennedy's Birthday today

Post by Ayasha » 28 Mar 2019, 10:22

Hello all,

I am one of the first people that Olesia invited to this new "EPI4Dogs.com" site. We were rabble rouses and got kicked off the old Yahoo forum EPI site. That disagreement with the Yahoo EPI site owner Created this site. Olesia had created such a great site people were actually stealing her content of the site. Because of Olesia's hard work, our Ayasha survived many more years than expected. When Ayasha crossed the bridge, EPI was not the cause, it was cancer. I learned a lot and our Vet learned a lot because of Olesia's hard work in researching this health crisis. Ayasha and her family met Olesia and her family back when they lived in Indiana, and it was a memorable visit. Ayasha has been gone for three years and is still missed greatly. I am no longer an active poster but I am a lurker and you will see me post a Happy Birthday shout out to Olesia every year on March 28th

Here is a word of encouragement to the newbies to EPI. EPI is not "Curable" but it is "TREATABLE". With Olesia's research and help from other forum members, you can succeed in adding years to these dogs, cats and tigers.

Frank & Terry Dajnowicz without Ayasha
Ayasha - GSD. Born Oct 3, 2006 P.T.S. May 14, 2016 (9 years, 7 months, 11 days) Dx'ed with EPI at 7 months. Kept stable with Enzyme Diane's Pancreatin 8x. An Antech-TLI Cobalamin/Folate test was done on 12-05-2007. Her score was 0.03. Ayasha was PTS Saturday May 14, 2016, due to tumors that were attached to major arteries.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Olesia Kennedy's Birthday today

Post by Jean » 28 Mar 2019, 11:19

Frank, thank you for the wonderful words that new people need

i cant believe its 3 years since you lost Ayasha, you were wondeful whenI started out

keepin touch

Love to Terry

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 28 Mar 2019, 14:52

OMG.... it's been 3 years already since you said goodbye to Ayasha??? These EPI dogs seem to form extra-special bonds with us and no matter how much time passes when they leave us, our hearts will always treasure them ........
Gosh, I still remember your visit when we were in IN.... and remember the perogi's ??! :)

Yep, Epi4Dogs began 11 years ago... can you believe it??!!! and what an amazing journey. This organization FAR exceeded my hopes and dreams. The amazing people we've met along the way, the research work we've collaborated on, the wonderful staff we have on board.... volunteering so much of their time and knowledge helping others.....and would you believe Epi4Dogs has served well over 2 million people seeking help???!!!! Never in my wildest dreams would i have foreseen any of this. And now fingers and paws crossed that our latest, most intense, research collaboration will (hopefully) yield some reasons or even indications why EPI happens.

Thank you for your kind words for my birthday..... i can't believe you remembered... so, so very nice of you.

Please give my regards to Terry.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 28 Mar 2019, 15:37

Hi Frank!
I remember you, Terry and Ayasha. What a nice letter and good words to help other folks who are getting their pups on track.

Happy Birthday Olesia :D
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Stacie & Dizzy
Staff
State: Arkansas

Post by Stacie & Dizzy » 28 Mar 2019, 16:31

Thank you for posting words of encouragement. I received so much help in the beginning from Olesia and this site. I will forever be grateful! Happy Birthday Olesia!!!
My name is Stacie and my girl's name is Dizzy. German Shepherd, Age 10-diagnosed 12/24/2011 at 55 pounds, current weight is 93 pounds.
Feeding Taste of the Wild 4 cups a day with Enzyme Diane 1tsp per cup. Wonderlabs b12 once daily.
Dizzy has Pannus, given Cyclosporine drops in each eye twice daily. Pepcid once daily. Apoquel for allergies once daily.

Riley's Mom
Staff
State: Virginia

Post by Riley's Mom » 28 Mar 2019, 16:35

What a nice tribute to the birthday girl! I can’t believe it’s been 3 years either. Glad you still “lurk” around.
Elisabeth

Riley is a 10 year old Labradoodle. She was diagnosed with EPI in 2014.
She currently eats Taste of the Wild, I cup in the morning, 2 cups in the evening, each meal with 1 Wonderlabs B12 sprinkled over her dinner. Enzymes are EnzymeDiane, 1 tsp per cup of food, mixed in home made bone broth. No other supplements or meds at this time.
Riley currently weighs about 44 pounds, which is pretty heavy for her.

Buttermom1
Staff
State: Texas

Post by Buttermom1 » 28 Mar 2019, 17:38

Hey Frank!!! I too remember you and Ayasha!! This year will be three years since we lost Butter as well. We just can't seem to leave though!! So nice to hear from you again, and it makes me feel good that you're "lurking". Just knowing you're around is reassuring. Your words are comfort to the new folks, and soon enough they will feel comfortable in helping others.
Happy Birthday Olesia!! I don't think there are enough or proper words to tell you exactly what you and your baby here means to those of us desperately searching for answers and help. You are a wonderful individual and we are lucky to know you!!
Susan

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 28 Mar 2019, 20:16

Happy, Happy Birthday, Olesia! We are so glad you are here!
A beautiful tribute, Frank.

Our Kolby was diagnosed in May of 2010, so we were fairly close to the time when the Forum was created. We will forever be grateful for all the advice and support we were given by all the wonderful people here. Frank, I remember your sense of humor, your insights and good advice, and the beautiful pictures of Ayasha. She is here with us still.

Have a wonderful birthday, Olesia, knowing that so many people 's lives have been changed for the better because of your vision, your knowledge, your never-ending generosity, and your determination.

And the journey continues......

Thank you for reminding us, Frank. Love to Terry.

Barb

Miss Maddie Moo
Staff

Post by Miss Maddie Moo » 29 Mar 2019, 08:09

Frank it is so nice to hear from you again and what a lovely birthday tribute to Olesia.
I to have lost my Gal to the dreaded c but i still hang around its a shame to waste the knowledge i look at it that Maddie memory lives on through here...please dont be a stranger.
Maddie DX April 2011 along with low B12 she was feed with a low fibre food below 3% , fat was not restricted ( she wasnt good on pea based foods ) She initially had a course of B12 shots weekly over a period of 6 months and then we used the B12 pills from Chemeyes in the UK . We used Panzym and slowly had to increase the dose as she aged when she was first DX she was 23kg but she gained weight quickly and got back to 33 kg .
Maddie gained her angel wings in Jan 2018 at the age of 10 to a condition unrelated to EPI.
[/color]

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 29 Mar 2019, 23:02

WOW!!!! We truly are a FAMILY...... long after we say goodbye to the extraordinary souls that brought us together.... we continue to stay together and help one another and others.

So nice to hear from each of you and thank you for remembering me on my birthday. It was a very pleasant day. I had nothing special planned and just took the time to do some of the things i wanted to do / check out, but never had time before.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........