Epi4Dogs at the 2019 AVMA Conf

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Epi4Dogs at the 2019 AVMA Conf

Post by Olesia711 » 04 Aug 2019, 13:33

Hi everyone,
Madelon (Pres) and Diane (VP) are doing a fabulous job at the 2019 AVMA Conference in D.C. representing Epi4Dogs, talking to vets, vet students AND networking with other companies.

We, Epi4Dogs, are so thankful to be able to be at the AVMA Conference spreading awareness and education of EPI. The booth next to us was Upright Canine Brigade and told us they have had several German Shepherd dogs with EPI and Mega-E! We’ve spoken to many veterinarians, students and techs - some familiar with EPI and some who’ve never diagnosed it but were extremely interested in learning about it.

Posted on our FB page: "Day Two! In addition to talking with veterinarians, students and techs, we’ve also networked with other exhibitors like Elanco (maker of Tylan) and Purina. We will be networking a lot more today and tomorrow to educate on EPI. We are going live on Facebook later today so keep an eye out.

#epi4dogs
#epi
#episurvivor
#wecanlickit

and some photos:
Image[/img]
Attachments
2019 AVMA3.jpg
2019 AVMA3.jpg (83.82 KiB) Viewed 3874 times
2019 AVMA1.jpg
2019 AVMA1.jpg (12.58 KiB) Viewed 3874 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Olesia711

Re: Epi4Dogs at the 2019 AVMA Conf

Post by Olesia711 » 04 Aug 2019, 13:35

some more photos taken at the conf:
Image[/img]
Attachments
2019 AVMA5.jpg
2019 AVMA5.jpg (104.17 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
2019 AVMA2.jpg
2019 AVMA2.jpg (11.32 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 04 Aug 2019, 13:37

and more pictures....Image
Attachments
2019 AVMA6.jpg
2019 AVMA6.jpg (95.17 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
2019 AVMA4.jpg
2019 AVMA4.jpg (89.43 KiB) Viewed 3871 times

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 04 Aug 2019, 15:40

Everything looks great! I hope you have some good conversations with those who stop by. It's great to be able to get the word out about EPI to so many people at once.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Barb

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 04 Aug 2019, 21:59

What an experience! It's been amazing to talk to veterinarians - some who were familiar with EPI but had not idea there were ways to help their clients save money on enzymes and B12, some who had never diagnosed EPI and were excited to learn about it, but especially talking to the vet students who we know are some day going to be practicing and when they see a dog who is losing weight despite massive amounts of food or has unresponsive diarrhea they will now think of testing for EPI. We heard from several veterinarians when we told them we had an online support group for EPI owners to learn how to properly and affordably manage EPI and that through experience we have tips to help their dogs adjust to this new lifestyle how happy there were to know there was a website with information and a support group they could share with their clients. The booth next to us was Upright Canine Brigade and on the first day they were so excited to meet us because they have had some German Shepherds with Megaesophogus that also had EPI! This is what it's all about - spreading awareness and education one veterinarian, student, technician, pet owner, rescue at a time!

We want to give a big thank you to all of our EPI pet owners for all of our love and support throughout the years. You are what makes this website and forum what it is - the best place for EPI owners to get the information and support needed to help guide them and their pets through the amazingly wonderful journey of EPI.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 05 Aug 2019, 04:22

brilliant pictures, have a blast girls

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 05 Aug 2019, 08:56

What a great adventure. Thank you for representing us and spreading the word of EPI!
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Ruby
State: Florida

Post by Ruby » 06 Aug 2019, 02:12

This is absolutely fantastic. I am so happy you have this chance to share about EPI. All I can say is WOW. :D

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 11 Aug 2019, 14:59

That’s a very eye catching display. There has been a lot of hard work preparing it all, thank you for being so dedicated!
Getting the attention of so many vets is vital
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.