Saying Goodbye

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Conniej83
State: Wisconsin

Saying Goodbye

Post by Conniej83 » 04 Aug 2019, 17:04

Tomorrow is the day I say good bye to my Zoe. She was diagnosed at 1.5 years old and now at almost 12.5 years of age it isnt EPI taking her but a slight stroke. She has become very lost should I say. She is not herself and doesn’t get along with the rest of her pack anymore. I can’t rehome because when startled she tries to bite.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Saying Goodbye

Post by jilbert57 » 04 Aug 2019, 18:39

Connie,
I am sad to see this post about Zoe. You take care and we will be thinking of you and Zoe and the pack tomorrow. Hugs
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 04 Aug 2019, 21:04

Oh Connie I am heartsick to be reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all started almost together so long ago with these extraordinary EPI companions, and one by one they are leaving us.
I am shattered to be reading this. I know that their time is much less time with us, and i know it is the best final gift of love that we can give them to let them go with dignity, but it still hurts so very much....................

Sending tons of gentle loving hugs....

Olesia & Izzy
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 04 Aug 2019, 21:22

Connie I am so so sorry to read this. It's such a hard thing to have to help our beloved pets cross the Bridge. To have an EPI dog stable and thriving for that long is absolutely wonderful and shows what an amazing mom you are. Sending you lots of hugs and healing prayers in this extremely difficult time.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 06 Aug 2019, 10:34

I dont know how I missed this

I send hugs

I feel for you as i lost Kara in May

love

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Hoosier
State: Indiana
Pet name: Shelby
My name: Sheila

Post by Hoosier » 06 Aug 2019, 22:01

So sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is as I had to do the same thing just this past July 25th with my 15 yr old boy due to dementia. Hugs and prayers for you.
I am Sheila and I am Shelby's mommy.
She is not EPI positive according to Dr. Barko from his TLI testing. But she does have a pancreas problem .
She is on 6x enzyme 1.5 tsp on each meal. She eats Forza 10 Sensitive Skin formula and gets 1.5 cups 2 x per day. She currently weighs just under 100 lbs. She takes B-12 (2)pills every other weekend. She suffers from yeast that I cannot get rid of. She gets 4 pills of antihistamine each day 2 with each meal.

Shelby left my world on November 19-2019 She will be forever missed and loved.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 07 Aug 2019, 19:44

Connie, I am so sorry. It is so heart-breaking to let our beloved companions go. You have taken such wonderful care of Zoey and of course, helping her through her transition is a priceless caring gift. We all face it as our pups age. Know that we are thinking of you and walking the path of grief with you. Zoey's light is with you always.

Barb