Newly diagnosed and don't know where to start...

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
TerryBin
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Newly diagnosed and don't know where to start...

Post by TerryBin » 26 Aug 2019, 08:41

Welcome! I can understand how worried you are. After you have talked to Jean can you give us an update and let us know how you are doing? As many have said, it's finding the right balance. Some vets know more than others about treating EPI and often members' experiences and knowledge can supplement what the vet doesn't know.
Currently 2 Shiloh Shepherd Pups! Two Shilohs that passed over the Rainbow Bridge.
Taiko was born 6 September 2006 and had EPI; she passed over the Rainbow Bridge 10 April 2019 NOT EPI-related.
Pharaoh born 24 November 2007 and had EPI. He passed September 2020 NOT EPI-related.
Moku born 15 April 2014 and was dx with EPI in January 2019.
Hoshi born 6 July 2019 and does not have EPI
Taiko and Pharaoh were half siblings through their sire; their sire is Moku's grandfather through his Mom. Moku and Hoshi have the same sire.
Moku uses PancreaPlus tablets and receives weekly B12 shots at home.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 26 Aug 2019, 12:59

PLEASE RING ME

Trust me my Kara was not much different she just had longer hair

your head will be firmly up your backside, as mine was

any time after 10.00 am

let me know roughly when so I can get my act together

Jxxx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Rioismygirl

Post by Rioismygirl » 27 Aug 2019, 03:07

Hey, I can 100% say that Jean is the best person to speak to. I was in your shoes last year and Jean gave me the help, support and advice I needed to get my girl back on track, I still can’t thank her enough.

You have definitely joined the right forum!!

All the very best xx