Vaccines And The Mobile Moggy

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Sparkle Tangerine
Pet name: Montgomery

Vaccines And The Mobile Moggy

Post by Sparkle Tangerine » 26 Aug 2019, 17:23

Montgomery is going in for his first set of vaccinations a week from Thursday. He will receive his very first FVCRP vaccine. He is seven and a half years old. When he was little, he was too sick to vaccinate. Now he's STRONG! He's also traveling with me most days, and there are some scary things I don't want him picking up. I intend to do the full FVCRP FeLV Rabies vaccinations. His veterinarian says to do them a month apart. FVCRP, then a booster, then Rabies, then FeLV. Is there anything I should be asking, or anything I should be watching out for with him? She knows he's very sensitive. I don't know if there's anything else I should be bringing up.
Thanks!
Montgomery was born 21 March 2012. He is a DSH orange tabby and white. Montgomery eats RCFHN Spayed/Neutered Kitten dry food and Royal Canin Ultra Light wet food. He is a catnip junkie who loves paper bags and his stuffed mouse, Ignatz. His Pank-Aid is put into capsules each day as he gets mouth ulcers if it is mixed into his food. He gets two size zero capsules with each meal and eats six times each day. He gets .5ml Ovol twice a day for his gas. He is an enormous 3.08kg and strong enough to give his veterinarian a hard time. He is smart as a whip, has the loudest purr in the universe, and is so, so loved.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Vaccines And The Mobile Moggy

Post by jilbert57 » 26 Aug 2019, 18:19

Good luck Montgomery! It has been over 30 yrs since we had cats. Sorry I can't help but I am glad he is now strong!
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.