Lyra is loosing weight fast. F word!

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Paulag
Pet name: Lyra
My name: Paula

Re: Lyra is loosing weight fast. F word!

Post by Paulag » 08 Sep 2019, 16:25

Lyra gained 1pd since Tuesday!!

Abby&Milo
State: Maine
Pet name: Milo
My name: Abby

Post by Abby&Milo » 08 Sep 2019, 21:13

Glad Lyra is doing better!

I found the type of food to be the last key factor in getting Milo super stable with long-term good poops.

I feed him TOTW Pacific Stream, I found just 1% less fiber made all the difference. Of course he did just have a small flare up but a bit of Tylan got things back on track within a couple of days.

Once you find an agreeable food things get easier! Milos had the most stable poops once finding the best food for him. Good luck Lyra! Bad poops and losing weight can definitely be stressful!
Milo is a 3.5yr old Standard Poodle. Diagnosed with EPI on 9/01/2017 at 1.5 yrs old. TLI <1
Food: TOTW Pacific Stream. 1 tsp of 6x Enzyme Diane per cup of food. Cooked ground beef, and sometimes a bit of sardines added to food as a small topper. One B12 pill with intrinsic factor added to food daily. One pump of salmon oil twice daily with each meal. 1/2 tsp of Slippery Elm morning and night with each meal. 10mg of Pepcid or Omeprazole once a day for acid reflux. Milo eats about 3+ cups of food per day with added toppings (free feeding). Current weight 41lbs, lowest weight was ~32lbs, and his weight before EPI signs was 38lbs. Very stable weight now. Go Milo! <3

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 09 Sep 2019, 11:13

Thanks for the good update!

Barb