Tylan uk

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Floramac

Tylan uk

Post by Floramac » 11 Nov 2019, 08:07

Hi, can those of you who use Tylan in the UK tell me approx what you pay, 100g soluble.
Thanks
Kenzie diagnosed Sept 2015. Fed 3 times a day on Millies Wolfheart, Panzym enzymes 1+ tsp per 120grams food, 1/8 tsp tylan twice a day, altenate 1/2 b12 per day. Also on 1 previcox a day for arthritis in paws and 1 Apoquel for allergies. Diagnosed with poor heart contractibility Sept 2020, on 1 Vetmedin twice a day. 2nd heart scan March 21 shows little deterioration so appear to be working.

Latest TLI was 5.5 Previous readings have been TLI - 3.4 and 4.2.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Tylan uk

Post by Olesia711 » 11 Nov 2019, 11:30

I am from the USA, so i cannot help you with this, here in the USA, if someone secures a prescription from their vet to order a bottle of Tylan, made by Elanco, online, it is usually $50/+.... however, that doesn't really help you.

I send out a few private emails to some of our members in the UK to see if they can chime in and help you out.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 11 Nov 2019, 11:48

hi there

£38.00 for a 100 gram soluble container, I imagine different vets will charge different rates

only available from the vet, and had to sign a disclaimer as its not licensed for companion animals

I hope this helps

Jean
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Floramac

Post by Floramac » 11 Nov 2019, 12:16

Just checking as I believe we have been seriously overcharged - £88.00! I think perhaps that should be for two but only asked for the one!
Kenzie diagnosed Sept 2015. Fed 3 times a day on Millies Wolfheart, Panzym enzymes 1+ tsp per 120grams food, 1/8 tsp tylan twice a day, altenate 1/2 b12 per day. Also on 1 previcox a day for arthritis in paws and 1 Apoquel for allergies. Diagnosed with poor heart contractibility Sept 2020, on 1 Vetmedin twice a day. 2nd heart scan March 21 shows little deterioration so appear to be working.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 11 Nov 2019, 12:35

Blimee !

check your receipt

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

Floramac

Post by Floramac » 11 Nov 2019, 14:45

Hubby did the collection as I am not too well. Well enough to sort this out though! Their receipts are terrible, I will be on the phone first thing!

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 11 Nov 2019, 18:36

You will have had the cost of the actual prescription included in that bill. About £15. But you could just pay for the prescription to buy off an animal meds website. As Jean said, as it is licensed for farm animals, you have to sign a disclaimer at the vets. The vet is making a handsome margin. I would query it. It’s the same story with their prices for Lypex or panzym which don’t even need a prescription.
Plenty info online if you google it, particularly from people who keep pet chickens.

Elanco tylan powder is sold on www.viovet.co.uk for between £25-£35 for 100g tub.
hyper drug.co.uk
www.farmacy.co.uk.

If vets are like human pharmacies, they will refuse to take back anything that has been dispensed, because it could have been tampered with.
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 12 Nov 2019, 02:36

i always got mine from the vets, but Viovet is a good price, check the vets prescription charge, and whetger they have repeats built in

Farmacy are out of stock

as a matter of interest what do you pay for Panzym ?

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

Floramac

Post by Floramac » 12 Nov 2019, 03:27

We are insured so apart from the annual massive excess!, it's all ok. When we first started on this journey I did research the cost of Panzym and contacted the insurance company to tell them I could get it online £80 cheaper. All they cared about was I would have to pay for the prescription so I decided I would not help out any big insurance company! Our vets charge £206 for 650g (£136 online)and after some checking they charge £44 for 100g Tylan, they either get ripped off or they rip us off!

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 12 Nov 2019, 04:00

there is no prescriptiob needed for Panzym

this is the cheapest we found

https://www.panzym.co.uk/product-page/p ... owder-650g

as Kara got older, and had issues we decided to pay for her enzymes ourselves

what is your excess

ours was £100.00 per illness, as most of it was EPI related we only paid the one excess

so what was the £88.00 for ? surely they didnt charge consultation fee

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx