New Member Introduction- Help needed

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Re: New Member Introduction- Help needed

Post by Madelon » 23 Nov 2019, 23:09

Hi and welcome to our EPI family. You are in good hands with Jean and Patsy in the UK, however, something stuck out to me - you said other levels were normal. Please know that EPI dogs need their B12 levels in the high side of normal 600+ and supplementing is for life with these dogs. We recommend in the beginning giving the right dose of enzymes, B12, proper food for about two weeks to see if the gut corrects itself .
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.