Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Post by Olesia711 » 28 Nov 2019, 10:05

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving...... enjoy your day with lots of good food, good times with family and friends...surrounded by happy dogs.
Attachments
Happy Thanksgiving.jpg
Happy Thanksgiving.jpg (10.96 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Post by Jean » 28 Nov 2019, 11:08

We dont celebrate in UK,, but a very happy celebration to those who do

Love

Jean

s
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 08 Dec 2019, 18:58

A week later, and I am happy to say, Tucker has recovered from my Turkey Day blunder. On Thanksgiving evening I was so tired by dog dinner time, that I just called all five dogs to the kitchen & gave everybody turkey mouthfuls, until I figured thay had had enough. Monday. my elderly mother had had emergency surgery, and Wednesday my husband went to our daughter's house to feed her dogs while she celebrated her son's birthday at Disney World. He called the newly adopted GSD to come & eat, but Koda burst threw the screen door & jumped the fence, disappearing into the darkness & headed for a very busy area with shops and a direct route to the interstate. Right at dark, on Thanksgiving eve. When my husband called, I dropped everything & drove the 20 miles to my daughter's house to join in the search, which really seemed futile. Honestly, with all the traffic & the darkness I felt that I was just looking for his body, which was a horrible feeling. We eventually had to return home, but about an hour after that, Koda was spotted on my daughter's porch, where he waited until she got home. What a good boy, and what a happy ending. Until the following day, when 10 relatives came to eat dinner, and I fed turkey to my Tucker, without any enzymes. After the days at the hospital with my mother, and the search the night before, I was just so tired...well, of course his poo was soft and yellow Friday morning, which was so scary. It's been months since he had that kind of poo, and I worried that we would have a long setback. I just put my nose to the grindstone, though, and I was vigilant with his feedings. After about two and a half days, he returned to normal for him. Thank goodness. And thank you all, for always being here, and for letting me vent when I need to. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Take care---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 08 Dec 2019, 20:07

Ahh don't you hate it when that happens? I am so glad he came home and that the poop is on track! Good job.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 09 Dec 2019, 09:37

Pam, i will tell you a story, many moons ago my Kara stole a box of cheese biscuits over night, we found the box remains the following day, along with yellow poo everywhere, all over the carpet, all over her, where she had shaken herself, up the walls and up the stairs, my other half Derek calmly said, wash her down, and take ger out, he washed everywhere, cleaned the carpets etc so in with enzymes and antibiotics, all was well with the world

But what a fright you had with Koda, they are sent to try us

Jean

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 09 Dec 2019, 18:00

Thank you, Jill. The really happy part is, my daughter was just fostering Koda, to try and find a home for him. After thinking he was lost, though, she realized that she's already in love after ten days, and Koda will be staying with my daughter and her family, permanently. As everybody here knows, German Shepherds are such good dogs! Jean, that is probably the worst dog poo story ever, and good for you, for marrying well!!!
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 10 Dec 2019, 04:30

See, things happen for a reason, Koda has a permanent home, love it

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx