Which Sport Dog Food Elite?

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Which Sport Dog Food Elite?

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 11 Jan 2020, 13:50

I keep reading about it, and finally I'm biting the bullet & ordering some Sport Dog Food Elite. I can't decide which one, though. Tucker is 5 1/2 years, 70 pounds, and he's a shepherd/lab. If somebody can please tell me which flavor worked for your dog, I'm going to cross my fingers and order that kind. Reading ingredients makes my eyes roll back in my head, and I start shaking all over. So I'll just wait to hear from you. Thanks!---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Which Sport Dog Food Elite?

Post by jilbert57 » 11 Jan 2020, 15:27

I see that Madelon's Doc eats the elite Herding .

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 11 Jan 2020, 17:51

Thanks! Jill...I never thought of just looking at the signatures---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

jilbert57
Staff

Post by jilbert57 » 11 Jan 2020, 18:17

No problem Pam, I knew where to look for at least 1 suggestion😉

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 12 Jan 2020, 09:21

Thanks Jill for letting Pam know. I use the Herding because of his food sensitivities. I think Olesia uses the fish one. Let us know how it goes.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

faye grimm
State: Oregon
Pet name: Daisy
My name: faye

Post by faye grimm » 12 Jan 2020, 12:32

I know what you mean .. they all sound good but I think when I run out of the Carna4 fish kibble I will order the herding formula as well. I just hope this lasts till next month when I can afford the new kibble as it is only in the large bag. I imagine shipping on a 30lb bag will be substantial and I won't be able to afford 2 bags for free shipping at that time.
Still catching up from all the tests and vet fees. haha .. but I am getting there.
Daisy and I live in rural southern Oregon. In June of 2013 I saw someone selling 5 week old puppies from a van and I swear I was "only looking" when Daisy's head popped up from the back of the box and she jumped across her liter mates straight to me, got up on her hind legs and started licking my face.
She had just chosen me. The guy wanted $100 a pup. I told him I only had $50. He said no way.
I replied, "This is my dog now. Take it or leave it. But she is coming home with me."
So I gave the man his $50 and we have been joined at the hip every since ...

jilbert57
Staff

Post by jilbert57 » 12 Jan 2020, 13:36

https://www.sportdogfood.com/products/herding-dog

You might have already gone to their site. They offer it for sale from their site plus you can get a sample size or a 5 lb bag if you want to try it. (The herding was 18.75 for 5lb and shipping to be determined on zip code.) They have autoship and an incentive program on the 30 lb bags.
That being said I think Chewy is free ship over a set amount.

Jill

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 13 Jan 2020, 20:36

Thanks Jill for posting the link. Last time I checked ordering directly from Sport Dog Food was a little less expensive but it did go up in price a bit so I'm not sure which is cheaper anymore. I had an issue once getting it from Chewy so now I only order from the company,
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.