Earthborn Dog Food Question

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Ruby
State: Florida

Earthborn Dog Food Question

Post by Ruby » 29 Jan 2020, 00:57

Has anyone had this problem with Earthborn Dog food yet?? I bought a new large bag of Earthborn Dog Food (Great Plains Feast) recently. The kibble is suppose to be a light brown (tan) color.. It wasn't it was almost black in color even smelled different. I bought it back to the store. Went to another store they opened up two bags (large size) the kibble was black. BUT, the medium size is the right color a light brown. I called the company got a man that said he didn't know why but he sent me a medium size bag and the color was fine. It must be this particular batch that is being sold at this time. If you need to know the expiration date and the lot number let me know and I will post it.

Has anyone had a problem with this kibble. It seems no one seems to know the problem the company, the stores. Went to Petsupermarket like I always do same thing. Went to Rural King, Tractor Supply. All the same thing. No one knows. I don' t want my dogs to get sick. If know know anything please let me know. In the meantime I will try and call the company again and stick with the medium size bag.

Thanks ...I hope all you furbabies are doing fine.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Re: Earthborn Dog Food Question

Post by Madelon » 29 Jan 2020, 21:30

You might try calling the company back in a few weeks. I went through the same thing last year - although the kibble didn't change color but Doc's poops went south - they said they had not changed anything and the bag did not indicate anything had changed. I called again a couple of weeks later and sure enough they had changed the formula of the dog food only they are not required to change the bag immediately!! SO FRUSTRATING!
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Ruby
State: Florida

Post by Ruby » 29 Jan 2020, 23:42

Yes, I will try a call again. I have the phone number of the gentleman that called me last week or so and sent me a medium size bag of the same dog food and it was fine. But, the problem is with the one batch of Earthborn Great Plains Feast. I see what happens if anyone owes up to the change of kibble for that particular batch lot number.

How sad it is such a big deal for the customers. to get any straight answer.....

Paige's Guardian
State: Arizona

Post by Paige's Guardian » 07 Feb 2020, 06:09

If you are here in the US, you might try ordering from Chewy. They are really great at giving you a credit if you have any issues with the dog food. You are not required to send it back.
Paige's Guardian (Conny)

Paige, 8-year old Great Dane.

Dx: Malabsorption at age 9 months of age. Low Folate. On plant enzymes for 1.5 years. Experienced bloat 2x and Pancreatitis. Switched to Enzyme Diane. TLI tested but never low. Diarrhea when off enzymes.
06/2019--cPL <50 (normal) SID-Tylan 3/8 tsp 2x/day. 1 tsp Pancreatin 6x per meal. Royal Canon Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Food