Page 1 of 1
Posted: 22 Mar 2020, 11:32
users creon help! I can’t buy enzymes anymore; I have access to Creon 10 Creon25. how much do you give for 2-2.5 cups? need to incubate?
Posted: 22 Mar 2020, 13:40
Hi there. I have never used Creon but this is the information from our website about Creon
Giving CREON is not straight-forward…. the pet owner will have to trial and error to find the right dose and the right administration technique. The following is a little guidance on how to do this:
The trick to giving CREON is make sure that its activation starts at the right time while going thru the digestive system- -and that will depend on each dog’s very own pH level in their digestive tract / small intestine.. So…. it is all based on what your dog’s pH level is, not his size nor the amount of food given…. and this is why it takes a little trial and error with these dogs when placed on CREON.
First…. the dose. We suggest starting with a CREON 10,000 (or 12,000) per meal (you can add more if this amount doesn’t work)
Next… the technique…. the best way is to just try the following techniques to see which works best … and that is determined by the poo quality:
1. Give the CREON 10,000 (or 12,000) capsule whole or sprinkle the contents and feed immediately or wait for 10 minutes before feeding (some dogs respond better with either method). Watch the poo for a few days and try to assess. Please note: if you are going to sprinkle the contents ensure that the dog eats the entire meal so that all of the Creon is ingested. If in doubt, give the capsule whole before trying the sprinkling method.
2. if the above does not produce optimal poo results, then you can try 2 x CREON 10,000 (or 12,000) capsules. Watch the poo for a few days and try to assess if this helped, or if it is just right or not working at all….
3. if the above is not working at all…. then try giving a CREON 10,000 (or 12,000) capsule about 5 minutes prior to a meal… again, watch the poo and try to assess if this appears to work better than the above or not. If it does appear to work better…. but still isn’t perfect, then try giving the CREON 10,000 (or 12,000) about 10 minutes prior to a meal and again assess the poo over the next few days.
These are some techniques… the trick in giving CREON will be up to you to try and figure out TWO THINGS!
1. what is the best “timing” method of giving CREON.. whole in capsules or in some cases whether opened and served immediately or 5, 10 or 15 minutes prior to a meal.
2. and then the right “dose”… whether one CREON 10,000 (or 12,000) is enough or if you need two CREON 10,000 (or 12,000)… or if your dog is going to need approximately CREON 25,000 .