Panzym problems uk

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Floramac

Panzym problems uk

Post by Floramac » 21 Apr 2020, 03:27

Hi, after placing an order for Panzym with the vets, they have told me their powers that be cannot get Panzym due to Coronavirus. The only alternative is Pro- enzorb, this is capsule form and will be a nightmare to work with. Kenzie has been on Panzym since the start, 7 years ago and I have found it everywhere online no restrictions. Anyone having similar problems?
Thanks stay safe
Kenzie diagnosed Sept 2015. Fed 3 times a day on Millies Wolfheart, Panzym enzymes 1+ tsp per 120grams food, 1/8 tsp tylan twice a day, altenate 1/2 b12 per day. Also on 1 previcox a day for arthritis in paws and 1 Apoquel for allergies. Diagnosed with poor heart contractibility Sept 2020, on 1 Vetmedin twice a day. 2nd heart scan March 21 shows little deterioration so appear to be working.

Latest TLI was 5.5 Previous readings have been TLI - 3.4 and 4.2.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Panzym problems uk

Post by Jean » 21 Apr 2020, 04:51

try this site

I always bought from them direct, and you get it cheaper and discounts too

https://www.panzym.co.uk/shop

I personally wouldnt change to Pro Enzorb or aything else

Good Luck

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 21 Apr 2020, 09:32

So sorry to hear that you too have issues sourcing enzymes.... it's getting bad everywhere.
One of our members from South America (CHili) had her dog on CREON, the human enzyme drug that is universal.... and now she can't get any, they are all out, because of the coronavirus ..... such sad and scary times!

Jean can help you since she is also from the UK.... but as far as i know, i think Chemeyes, LLC in the UK still have available appropriate enzymes for our dogs................

https://www.chemeyes.co.uk/product/panc ... me-powder/
at the very least, you can contact them and ask.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 21 Apr 2020, 09:53

Another option just in case, fingers crossed you can get the enzymes soon.

https://www.pantenexdogenzymes.com/prod ... ed-kingdom

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Patsy

Post by Patsy » 21 Apr 2020, 11:34

Jean’s right. Panzym have a discount at the moment as well. Do check the link she put.
I don’t understand your Vet’s response. They know you can get it yourself online and should inform you. Otherwise you need to advise them! If you are happy with panzym, no problems. There are powders from Chemeyes, and capsules on Vetuk who have Lypex, Pancreatic nutrient, as well as Panzym. (Just in case there are other UK people reading this).
Hope everything is going well for you and Kenzie!
Springer spaniel Marti had Epi, PLE , MMM just to confuse me. She lived till 12yrs, chubby and happy despite eight years of epi.
Capsule enzymes suited her best. B12 supplements made her into a new dog!
After a cocker with PLN kidney disease, I now have two healthy rescues, a lively, suicidal , small ginger terrier, adopted with pneumonia, and gum disease needing nearly all his teeth out, and a fluffy grey toy poodle/terrier from Greece.

Floramac

Post by Floramac » 21 Apr 2020, 14:13

Yes, I checked online and found it at loads of sites.
I spoke with our insurance and they agreed they would cover it if I had a prescription and invoice.
Had a long chat with the vets pointing out, it is the customer who is being treated badly here and they have now issued a prescription to cover 3 lots of Panzym, at no charge!
I will now source the Panzym from the above links.
Thanks everyone, Stay safe.
Kenzie diagnosed Sept 2015. Fed 3 times a day on Millies Wolfheart, Panzym enzymes 1+ tsp per 120grams food, 1/8 tsp tylan twice a day, altenate 1/2 b12 per day. Also on 1 previcox a day for arthritis in paws and 1 Apoquel for allergies. Diagnosed with poor heart contractibility Sept 2020, on 1 Vetmedin twice a day. 2nd heart scan March 21 shows little deterioration so appear to be working.

Latest TLI was 5.5 Previous readings have been TLI - 3.4 and 4.2.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 21 Apr 2020, 20:02

Well..... that is very good new and extremely nice that you are going to get 3 lots of Panzym at no charge.... EXCELLENT!!!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 22 Apr 2020, 05:53

you dont need a script for Panzym, the vets love to charge !

we saved a lot of money going direct for the insurance co. £120 as against £180 from the vets

but you may well need proof for the insurers
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 26 Apr 2020, 14:31

Glad you were able to find what you needed and it's going to be covered.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.