CREON 10000BPU

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: CREON 10000BPU

Post by Olesia711 » 04 Jul 2020, 11:19

Hi Annie, don't beat yourself up about this.... Apple Cider Vinegar is usually very good to give dogs.... but not dogs taking pancreatin enzymes..... i too am guilty of doing the same. Years ago, i tried putting a tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar in my dog's water bowl. Luckily they refused to drink it .... so i stopped. Years later i learned from EnzymeDiane that the enzymes can be killed by vinegar... so never tried that again.

That's what is great about communicating with other EPI'rs.... you learn all kinds of tips and tidbits
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

AnnieWood
Pet name: Holly
My name: Annie

Post by AnnieWood » 05 Jul 2020, 19:02

Turn for the worst. :cry:

Holly was getting better.. I even had a small victory dance for her poop yesterday.

Today I am not sure what to do. She won’t stop vomiting and going to toilet with diarrhea
Dog mum to English Staffy Winston 3 (born with hereditary cataracts) and Maltese Shih Tzu Daisy 2 (so far healthy but a slight underbite) looks super cute :D

Our beautiful boy staffy x jack russell Arnie 2006-2017. Believe he had EPI and we watched him waste away. Tried everything to save him. English x American Staffy Holly 2008 -2020.

Will spread the word about EPI and SIBO and help another dogs live a long healthy life.

AnnieWood

Post by AnnieWood » 05 Jul 2020, 19:48

She is stable again.

Stopped vomiting and pooping liquid.

Maybe you ate something I didn’t see.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I feel like a horrible dog mum :cry:
Dog mum to English Staffy Winston 3 (born with hereditary cataracts) and Maltese Shih Tzu Daisy 2 (so far healthy but a slight underbite) looks super cute :D

Our beautiful boy staffy x jack russell Arnie 2006-2017. Believe he had EPI and we watched him waste away. Tried everything to save him. English x American Staffy Holly 2008 -2020.

Will spread the word about EPI and SIBO and help another dogs live a long healthy life.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 05 Jul 2020, 21:55

Hi Annie. You are not a terrible mum. You are doing all that you can to help your pup - unfortunately with EPI, until you get the four cornerstones of enzymes, B12, antibitiocs and food in balance you will have ups and downs. It sounds like the SID is still rearing it's ughly head. It can take some time to get SID under control so don't beat yourself up.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

AnnieWood

Post by AnnieWood » 05 Jul 2020, 22:27

Hi Madelon

Thank you for your reply

Things have gone down hill again. She is currently at the vets on a drip from dehydration and having pain killers.

They have asked us what we want to do. Decide for her to go to doggy heaven or get tests done etc.

This happened to our last dog and he did get better but eventually this disease killed him a year later. It was the most exhausting year of my life. Watching him suffer like that.

She is nearly 12 and we love her so much but she looks so sick right now.

I am a terrible person if we do send her to be with her brother?

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 05 Jul 2020, 23:54

Oh Annie, i am so so sorry you and sweet Holly are going thru this.
EPI is mostly manageable and usually not a death sentence, usually our dogs are taken by some other health condition. But, that being said, Holly may be dealing something else too.

Here on the Epi4Dogs Forum we do not advise nor criticize anyone for any decision they make....we do feel that our beloved companions will let us know when it is time, and i also feel that no matter what anyone else says, a person will know, in their heart, what and when is the right time to make this decision. It is just not easy.

Please know that we as a community are sending many thoughts and prayers your way................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

AnnieWood

Post by AnnieWood » 06 Jul 2020, 02:02

Thanks for your support

We have decided to let her go. :cry:

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 06 Jul 2020, 04:44

Good Morning Annie

there are no words

I had to let my Kara go May 2019 to an illness not connected to EPI

Just love and hugs from across the pond

Jeanxxxxxxx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

AnnieWood

Post by AnnieWood » 06 Jul 2020, 06:29

Thanks Jean

Wish you all the best :)

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 06 Jul 2020, 07:45

Likewise

Love

Jeanxx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx