WE ARE A FAMILY

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

WE ARE A FAMILY

Post by Madelon » 21 Jul 2020, 19:56

We at Epi4Dogs Foundation, Inc., consider every one of our members family. Our family is spread throughout the world, and at this moment in time, our family is struggling through this pandemic. Although our focus is EPI in our pets, we understand that there are things going on that we cannot control. We hope that the support we provide for your pets, translates into support of YOU, the pet owner.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: WE ARE A FAMILY

Post by jilbert57 » 21 Jul 2020, 22:30

Thank you Madelon. Well said.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 22 Jul 2020, 04:29

I can only speak for the UK, but the pandemic has united people as never before, its like a war effort , charities have been delivering food parcels to the elderly and infirm right through

and neighbours who didnt know each other before, certainly do now

As far as EPI4DOGS goes I feel we have reached out right through, and thankfully, I have been ok, but the staff , and members should give themselves a clap on the back for support, it goes a long way for a bit of humour, and love across the miles, and we have seen some great stories

and we are indeed a united family

EPI Exceptiona People Incorporated

Jeanxx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Shirl D.
Staff
State: New York

Post by Shirl D. » 22 Jul 2020, 07:47

l am incredibly grateful to be a part of this amazing EPI family. I have had so much support from EPI members, both staff and non-staff members, since I first joined the forum 9 years ago. It's very comforting to know I have such a wonderful resource available to me, and that so many people are here that care.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 30 Jul 2020, 18:48

Montgomery and I don't know what we'd do without you all. Thank you for all the support over the years. This is a wonderful place!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Donna Warmer
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Ziska
My name: Donna Warner

Post by Donna Warmer » 08 Aug 2020, 13:46

Very well said! We epi'ers ARE family .... no matter how long you've been in epi-world or how short of a time, our group is like no other in support of one another. We are always here for each other!
epi4dogs helped save our sweet Onza's life when she was 4 years old. We lost her in March 2017; she was almost 13. She was in the Chunky Monkey Club! We rescued precious Ziska shortly after losing Onza. She was 30 lbs and approx 7-8 yrs old - every bone in her body showed. We had her tested for EPI ...the rest is history. Who saved who?? We lost Ziska in February 2022. Both of our EPI dogs will be in our hearts forever -- they touched so many lives!

kellyl
State: New York
Pet name: Wade
My name: Kelly

Post by kellyl » 11 Aug 2020, 13:02

When we decided it was time to pick our litter, we did and we settled on the dog with the brown collar. We thought bringing home a puppy when everybody was home and could be more focused on him was a good thing. Little did we know that Wade needed us much more to help him thrive. I'm thankful we could bring him home during this time but even more thankful after we received the diagnosis and finding this group! When the uncertainty of our daily lives were a question, you all helped by showing us that our puppy would be OK! Thank you for letting us be apart of the EPI family!

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 11 Aug 2020, 16:00

Hey you dont need to say thank you

All are welcome

I joined in 2010 when EPI was much less known about than now, and these folk are my extended family and always be

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

Sadie'sMom
State: Wisconsin
Pet name: Sadie
My name: Lisa

Post by Sadie'sMom » 17 Aug 2020, 09:08

I have considered this EPI group of people to be my second family. They began as total strangers offering continued, hourly support when Sadie was first diagnosed and we were in a tail spin not knowing what to do. This group literally saved Sadie's life --- because we were doing everything wrong and had zero guidance from the vets. I will be forever grateful to the amazing staff who so freely gives of their time to help others.

Lisa & Sadie
Sadie is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ("Toller" for short). She eats Authority Grain Free Chicken & Pea kibble. To make sure she ingests the enzymes, we mix some No Sodium Chicken Broth and a small handful of meat - chicken, hamburger, pork - and stir it up with her dog food (she eats like a champ now!). With each meal she gets 5 scoops (1 1/4 tsp's) of Diane's Enzymes and a WonderLabs B-12 with Intrinsic factor. She gets 1 Proviable-DC probiotic per day. Diagnosed in September 2019 with EPI. She has some issues with dry skin we are dealing with now.

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 17 Aug 2020, 10:42

I think its pay back for all of us , whether we be staff, or members

When my Kara was diagnosed, in 2010, I had some background of EPI I told the vet she had it and he said she was too young, Back in the early 80's I had a cat with EPI you never forget the smell

Anyway he tested her and it was positive, but you are on your own once you leave the vets office

I found EPI4DOGS kn its infancy in some ways and I was, ana, am in UK everyone seemed to be in USA but I found one person, Val who became a friend and still is

So in time I found others in UK and th1ey have become very close personal friends

My friends all over the world mean the world to me and Lisa they did a wonderful tribute to Kara on the calendars, totally overwhelmed

So you are family and we are here

Love

Jeanx

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx