Molly's Story!!

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Molly's Mom
State: Texas

Re: Molly's Story!!

Post by Molly's Mom » 11 Aug 2018, 17:31

Thank you everyone!
Molly Mcbutter is almost 5 years old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She was diagnosed with EPI on 8/9/18. Her TLI is 1.8. She was 15 lbs on 11/18, she went down to 9 lbs this August. She has an older brother named Rehan is a black lab mix.

She is eating the Hill's i/d digestive care right now that I got from the vet, when that's finished I don't know if she will go back to royal canin dry food or what I should put her on.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 14 Aug 2018, 23:54

Please keep us posted on Molly..... after all.....she is part of our family now... ;) ..... and a real cutie!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Riley's Mom
Staff
State: Virginia

Post by Riley's Mom » 15 Aug 2018, 10:23

I'll add my welcome as well.....
Wow what a scary story. Many EPI journeys begin in a scary place, but hours from death is pretty alarming!
So glad they got you a diagnosis, and you can begin to get things balanced and get her back to health.
Ask questions as you have them and keep us posted on how she is doing!
Elisabeth

Riley is a 10 year old Labradoodle. She was diagnosed with EPI in 2014.
She currently eats Taste of the Wild, I cup in the morning, 2 cups in the evening, each meal with 1 Wonderlabs B12 sprinkled over her dinner. Enzymes are EnzymeDiane, 1 tsp per cup of food, mixed in home made bone broth. No other supplements or meds at this time.
Riley currently weighs about 44 pounds, which is pretty heavy for her.