Slimy regurgitation with white foam and some food after drinking water

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Slimy regurgitation with white foam and some food after drinking water

Post by Jean » 22 Sep 2020, 05:04

Hi

Dont forget to keep your diary

We could never wean Kara off Tylan she has such a minimalist dose , but ut worked as a maintenance for 6 years once we got her organised
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Pita
State: Pennsylvania
Pet name: Pita
My name: Laura

Post by Pita » 26 Nov 2020, 22:33

Hi, new to this site . My pita is an 8yo chi/yorkie mix , 7 pounds . For the past 10 days she is vomiting a small amount yellow stomach bile early in the morning while still In bed. She shows no signs of distress, regular poops/pees, eating good, playful. In bed at night I can hear her swallowing repeatedly and it sounds like reflux or uncomfortable. I started her on boiled chicken/rice/egg last Friday, still a morning vomit . Wednesday I discontinued egg, and discontinued her daily greenies . Today (Thursday) I began her on 1/3 tab of Pepcid, I gave this twice today. I still hear her uncomfortable (we are in bed now). Worth noting- her usual food is beneful Incredibites small breed which I soak in water to soften. I discovered one week ago that the bag she has been eating the past 2-3 weeks was expired by one month (10/20) . I discontinued and threw away immediately. Any insight or advice I greatly appreciate, I’m so so worried and my vet doesn’t have an opening til December 10. She has had mild bouts with pancreatitis in the past if someone slips her ham or bacon (my in laws) so I know her stomach is sensitive to disruption.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 06 Dec 2020, 10:36

Hi Laura - welcome to our group. I'm afraid your post got lost as it's on someone else's thread so I'm replying here so hopefully you will get notified but if you start your own topic thread our members will be able to reply directly to you.

Does your dog have EPI? If so can you tell us what enzymes you're using and how much? Some EPI dogs will throw up bile first thing in the morning because their stomach has been empty too long over night. For some, feeding a small enzyme meal before bed helps.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.