Thankful for this forum

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Steve
State: Oregon

Thankful for this forum

Post by Steve » 23 Dec 2020, 13:02

Just wanted to say thank you to all who shared their knowledge on this forum. I haven't posted much because usually when I had a question it was already a topic here that I could read and learn from. I lost my dog Duffy to cancer on Monday. I'm proud that I could give him a reprieve from EPI for so long and that he didn't die from it. My vet knew very little about EPI so I learned everything I know here. What a blessing. Thanks to all who helped us on this journey. I do have about 250 grams of 6x Enzyme Diane that I'd like to donate for just postage costs if possible. I'd hate to see this go to waste. Duffy would want to see this help someone I know. Is there a way to do that? I'm in Oregon USA.

Steve

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Thankful for this forum

Post by Jean » 23 Dec 2020, 14:23

Hello Steve

I am so sorry this has happened, and few dogs die from EPI , lost my Kara to DM , horrible condition

I will throw this wonderful offer out to the group. and offer my thanks

Olesia will get in touch

Again thank you, and please stay safe,

And thank you for your kind words when you must be devastated

Jean

Forum Director
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 23 Dec 2020, 14:34

Dear Steve,

I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Duffy, but glad that he and you received so much help here. Many of us have gone through what you are going through. There is something so special about these dogs with EPI. They somehow create a space in us that changes the way we look at things, giving us the certainty that we have received a treasured gift in being able to care for them. Obviously, you have found that space. You will always be connected to Duffy there.

Barb

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 23 Dec 2020, 16:11

Steve, I am so sorry to hear you lost Duffy.
Thank you for thinking of others.
God Bless

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 23 Dec 2020, 16:29

Hi Steve,
I am so sorry to hear that you lost Duffy to cancer... it is so hard to say goodbye to these wonderful and soulful companions. No matter how long they are with us, it is never long enough...........

Thank you for your kind words about our forum/website...... we are so glad that our information was helpful to you and that it gave Duffy more quality time with you. And a huge thank you for wanting to pay it forward by donating the enzymes and are only asking the postage to be reimbursed. We can do that for you...... I will write you privately with the information.

Again, please know our hearts go out to you.................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Steve
State: Oregon

Post by Steve » 23 Dec 2020, 17:17

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll get these donated back to Enzyme Diane and let them help other dogs with it.

Steve

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 23 Dec 2020, 22:31

Thank YOU Steve... and please email me the postage expense.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 24 Dec 2020, 11:09

Steve, I'm so sorry for your loss of Duffy. No matter how long they are with us it's just never long enough but while they are here the love and joy they bring to our live is priceless. It's so kind of you to think of others while you are grieving. Thank you for your generosity.
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.