Winter

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
carolejon58
Pet name: Winter

Winter

Post by carolejon58 » 02 Sep 2018, 04:44

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted for a long time three years since diagnosis have just flown by. Winter is still doing well has had a problem with shedding the bowel lining a few times but has recovered, keeping her weight at 7.80kg. Sadly we lost our Willow in April with Renal and liver failure was only 8yrs.Our Blenheim Whisper is fine and we have a new adopted Cav X Nova age 18mths. Hope everyone's pups are doing well (hope you all remember us). Still so grateful for all the help I was given.
Winter. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel aged 9yrs diagnosed three yrs ago. 25/06/15
CTLI TLI 1.01 Folate 12.8 Cobalamin 150
Chemeyes Enzyme Powder
Chemeyes B12 with Intrinsic factor.
Food. Forthglade Complete Wet Food Grain Free
Trinfac
Coconut oil 1tsp daily
Prebiotic Protexin Bio
Weight. Start 5.57kgs now 7.80kgs
Oxetetrycyclene when needed
Carole (UK)

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Winter

Post by Jean » 02 Sep 2018, 05:33

Hi Carol

I cannot believe this, I was going to email you today

Kara has had issues with bowel shedding, and the bowel apparently is the fastest to recover, as per my vet

I am so sad to hear your news, but delighted you have openned your heart, and home again, bless you

we are also grateful you joined with us in our quest against EPI misunderstanding

Love

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 02 Sep 2018, 09:31

Carol, good to hear from you!
It is nice when folks who have been dealing with EPI and are getting along check in. It gives new folks hope they too can stabilize their pets.
I am so sorry to hear you lost Willow, but glad you found it in your heart to adopt another.
Take care!
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 02 Sep 2018, 12:43

Hi Carol - it's sooooo good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you a lot lately as the rescue group I volunteer with rescued some King Charles Cavalier Spaniels. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your little Willow - it's never easy. Glad to hear that Winter is doing well overall. Would love to see some updated pictures when you have time :)
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 02 Sep 2018, 15:13

Hi Carole,

Of course we remember you and your 3 pups, Winter, Willow & Whisper......
Image (if i remember correctly, Willow is on the far left, Winter on top and Whisper on the right???)
..... i am so sorry you had to say goodbye to Willow.. that must have broken your heart.... and Winter & WHisper's too, as they look like they were all close to each other......

So glad you to hear that you adopted another, do Winter and Whisper like the new addition???
Sorry that Winter had to deal with the bowel lining shedding, when it happened to Jean's Kara... she posted a picture of it... and OMG it looked horrible- -i can't even imagine how terrible it must make the dog feel having that happen on the inside ....but thank goodness Winter is feeling better now.

Carole, if you want/can, post a pic of the new puppy, we would love to see :)
Attachments
www.JPG
www.JPG (25.29 KiB) Viewed 6333 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

carolejon58
Pet name: Winter

Post by carolejon58 » 02 Sep 2018, 16:57

Hi Olesia, So glad you remember us thanks for your reply, will try to put a photo on of Nova and yes they do get on fine Winter was reserved in the beginning but Willow was her buddy she let's her sleep cuddled up to her now. Whisper is the one she follows he is used to it now have had Nova 8 wks but she is very scared of everything. Hope your pups are doing well.
_20180728_163347.JPG
_20180728_163347.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 6330 times
Winter. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel aged 9yrs diagnosed three yrs ago. 25/06/15
CTLI TLI 1.01 Folate 12.8 Cobalamin 150
Chemeyes Enzyme Powder
Chemeyes B12 with Intrinsic factor.
Food. Forthglade Complete Wet Food Grain Free
Trinfac
Coconut oil 1tsp daily
Prebiotic Protexin Bio
Weight. Start 5.57kgs now 7.80kgs
Oxetetrycyclene when needed
Carole (UK)

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 02 Sep 2018, 23:48

Thanks for posting the pictures - they are absolutely adorable. I hope Nova comes out of her shell once she realizes she's in the best home ever with the best mom ever. Doc sends kisses
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 03 Sep 2018, 02:49

lovely pics Carol

i takes time to be in the "gang", but they look lovely together

jx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 03 Sep 2018, 09:39

Carol, your pack is beautiful! Our latest Jack is afraid of a lot of things also, takes daily work for sure to get them used to the big scary world. Thanks for the picture.
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Riley's Mom
Staff
State: Virginia

Post by Riley's Mom » 03 Sep 2018, 10:02

Of course we remember you! Once a part of the Epi4Dogs family......
Sorry about your loss, they are never here long enough. Glad your new member is settling in!
Elisabeth

Riley is a 10 year old Labradoodle. She was diagnosed with EPI in 2014.
She currently eats Taste of the Wild, I cup in the morning, 2 cups in the evening, each meal with 1 Wonderlabs B12 sprinkled over her dinner. Enzymes are EnzymeDiane, 1 tsp per cup of food, mixed in home made bone broth. No other supplements or meds at this time.
Riley currently weighs about 44 pounds, which is pretty heavy for her.