Winter

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
carolejon58
Pet name: Winter

Re: Winter

Post by carolejon58 » 03 Sep 2018, 10:13

Madelon wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 12:43 Hi Carol - it's sooooo good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you a lot lately as the rescue group I volunteer with rescued some King Charles Cavalier Spaniels. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your little Willow - it's never easy. Glad to hear that Winter is doing well overall. Would love to see some updated pictures when you have time :)
Hi, Madelon hope everything OK with your doc. Thanks for your reply will try to put some photos on now. 🤗🐕🐕🐕
Attachments
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG (510.57 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
Winter. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel aged 9yrs diagnosed three yrs ago. 25/06/15
CTLI TLI 1.01 Folate 12.8 Cobalamin 150
Chemeyes Enzyme Powder
Chemeyes B12 with Intrinsic factor.
Food. Forthglade Complete Wet Food Grain Free
Trinfac
Coconut oil 1tsp daily
Prebiotic Protexin Bio
Weight. Start 5.57kgs now 7.80kgs
Oxetetrycyclene when needed
Carole (UK)

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 03 Sep 2018, 14:50

Hi Carole,

So good to hear from you....your pups are so adorable. What great pictures. I am sorry you had to let Willow go. It is always too soon. But now another lucky pup gets a caring, loving home. How generous of you. We have quite a few Cavaliers in our neighborhood. I just love their beautiful coats.

Thank you for checking in and for sharing the pictures.

Barb

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 03 Sep 2018, 17:46

Hi Carole..... OMG... Nova is a real cute sweetie!!!! BUt you can tell that she is shy.... for now. I am sure once she get her confidence, which takes time, she will be feeling better. Have you ever read the book by Turid Rugaas "On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals"... it is an excellent (short and easy to read with LOTS of pictures) of how dogs signal with each other ... helpful little book when bringing in a new member to the family. If i understand your post correctly, that is interesting that Nova sleeps with Winter but likes to follow Whisper around.... dogs sure can be funny but i swear if we watch closely, we can learn a lot from them!

My pups are all doing well.... but aging. Rico is over 15 yrs old now and he has had Cushings for 9+ years.... rather remarkable. He sleeps most of the day, bu when he is awake (like meal times) he is perky!

Izzy my EPI gal is now 13+ yrs old... and she is slowing down, sleeps a lot more than before but her personality is still the most happiest dog on the planet... she loves to play and tease the other dogs.

Lulu, well... Lulu is 11+ yrs old and we call her the slug.. she does nothings, never did, quite the lazy girl and like to lay on the couch and just snuggle with her people.

Overall we are all doing great.... thanks for asking!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Madelon
Staff
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Doc

Post by Madelon » 07 Sep 2018, 21:12

Ohhhhh look at those little angels!!!! I must say I have fallen in love with the breed since caring for them with the rescue organization I volunteer with - they are the cutest wiggle butts!!!
Madelon, owned by DOC. DOC dx EPI 5/2015 = TLI < .4, B12 406; Folate >24. DOC taught me so much and together we battled and overcame EPI, food sensitivies, environmental allergies but we lost the cancer battle. DOC was dx with hemangiosarcoma 5/2022 and crossed the rainbow bridge July 24, 2022. He is and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart dog.