Lypex Can You Buy In Australia

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
allan@mc1d.org.au
Pet name: Milly
My name: Allan

Lypex Can You Buy In Australia

Post by allan@mc1d.org.au » 20 Jun 2021, 00:17

Hi Guys, we are having trouble purchasing Lypex in Australia fo r our Female German Shepard, we were buying online but Customs are now saying it is banded as a import privately ?? is there anyone that can help as only have one box left and so so do not want her to go backwards we LOVE HER and LYPEX works for her cheers Allan

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Re: Lypex Can You Buy In Australia

Post by Jean » 20 Jun 2021, 05:34

Good morning from the UK to you and Milly

Lypex is very popular in the UK we used it for 2 years, and then changed because it was too expensive

Most people in Aus use Creon

have a read of this

https://epi4dogs.com/wp-content/uploads ... t-2016.pdf

Craig, who is one of our staff put this together for us many moons ago

I am sorry I dont know what private import is all about

however, I found this which is as clear as mud

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/import/g ... ds-dietary

I will ask Craig for you to see if he has any words of wisdom, whatever you do DO NOT use plant enzymes, i.e Enzyplex,

Tell us more about your dog Milly, Alan what you feed etc.

Jeanx
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Jun 2021, 12:25

I am so sorry this is happening.... Lypex is a great product, but countries are changing rules :(
However, i too recommend getting CREON.... many, many vets are now prescribing CREON in Australia to treat EPI dogs, because the plant based product they used to prescribe for EPI dogs (Enzyplex) just doees't work or doesn't work well enough depending on the dog.

Lypex is an enteric coated product made with pig enzymes.. made for dogs
CREON is the same ting only mfg for people / kids.

What we recommend is to ask your vet to write a script for Creon. Start with either CREON 10 or CREON 12.
We recommend opening up the capsule, sprinkling it on top of food (some wet food- -but DO NOT mix in wet food) and then serve immediately.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Mister Admin
Staff
Pet name: Archie & Zilli
My name: Craig

Post by Mister Admin » 20 Jun 2021, 19:36

G'day Allan (and Milly!),

Sorry to hear you're having supply issues but a little surprised you were able to get it at all as a direct import (animal based products are heavily regulated particularly from the UK). If you want to stick with Lypex perhaps your vet could get it in for you as it would not be considered a 'private' import if they order it.

Having said that Creon as mentioned by Jean and Olesia is the go-to enzyme in Oz, readily available and highly successful. It has great latitude in that you can start with a generic dose and increase immediately if necessary. The brochure in the link explains it all. you will need a prescription form your vet but armed with that you can buy/order it in at any major discount chemist.

And feel free to post a picture of Milly sometime, we love to see pics of our fur-lovlies :)

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 22 Jun 2021, 12:02

I have sent you a private email as to your post replies

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx

allan@mc1d.org.au
Pet name: Milly
My name: Allan

Post by allan@mc1d.org.au » 24 Jun 2021, 18:23

Thanks Everyone for your information really appreciate it
cheers Allan n Natasha :D

Jean
Forum Director

Post by Jean » 25 Jun 2021, 06:59

let us know how you get on

Lowest weight 39 pounds

Jeanx